Keeps asking to re-log on to Yahoo and/or Exchange accounts

910 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
catherine_hoebanx@yahoo.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Everyone!

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this issue. We have had a team actively working on getting this resolved . You should now be able to resume accessing your accounts in the Outlook Mobile app for Android without multiple password prompts.

If you continue experiencing this issue please contact our support team by opening the app and going to Settings> Help & Feedback> Contact Support.

All the best
The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

153 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem and it's 2 years after the original post was up. Seems to me that Microsoft just doesn't care at all. Shame on you. I'll just switch to another app and give Outlook for Android a bad review. And that's my advice for all users experiencing this problem. We can't do much if they don't care, but we can at least downgrade their rate on Google play amd give a fair warning to other potential users

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I'll add another complaint here although with 151 comments at this point I doubt anyone at MS cares.

My problem is that I have multiple accounts and a couple of them work fine, but the others keep asking for my password and when I enter it, it just asks me again, then again, then again, and again... I can't even get past that screen. And it's the right password because when I type in wrong on purpose it tells me it's the wrong password.

And these are all @outlook.com emails. I've reinstalled the app and still nothing.

It's infuriating. I can't use my @outlook emails with Outlook. I mean... MS is messing with wearable holograms ffs, but they can't get an email to work? Cars are pretty much driving themselves but Outlook can't figure out what do when I try to log in?

Come'on! This is ridiculous. It's not like Outlook is some obscure MS product that no one uses... we're not dealing with the Zune here. It's one of the most used email platforms on the planet and the last time I checked, email was still a thing.

There is one MS program that works gangbusters... it's the one that takes my monthly Office 365 payment. It never fails.

Look... for the most part I love you MS! If I didn't, I'd just go somewhere else. But I don't want to, which is why this is so frustrating.

• Manish Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't save password on outlook android version 9. While we are saving the password but when we will change isp, not syncing email, kindly suggest

• Kevin Ball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's a security issue!
    The automated system is trying to make sure, that you are not a hacker.
    Hackers beware!

• Colby Combs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just for future reference: I had a similar problem. It was my email provider, not the app
    Just do future users will see this

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Microsoft for nothing. Truly, your "Expert's" advice to users is nothing short of nothing, and is most often very, very full of nothing. I often wonder if there are actual people behind the microsoft support names, because the responses generated by these automatons rarely recognize the true issue while sounding so inhuman as to be canned responses.
    Despite your assurances otherwise, I am not able to access my accounts in the Android Mobile Outlook app without repeated requests to re-login. If any other company on the planet simply played lip service to their clients and customers, well I'm sure you know the rest. Or maybe your automated response systems don't. How about Microsoft attempt to repair their image and reputation by hiring real experts, and not just whomever they can afford from the third world.

• Perry Hubert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a fix for this yet? It's very frustrating to have to re-enter my email settings and password every few days to get Outlook to work. I see you've had over a year to work on this.

• SJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been having a similar problem and it doesnt make me re enter a password anywhere but it jumps through a few screens before it lets me do anything with my email. What is up with it? Its pretty frustrating to deal with

• HE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This post concerning this problem is almost a year old...and STILL NO RESOLUTION? This is one of the most infuriating things. I went as far as to uninstall/reinstall Outlook...it be fine for a few days, only to ask for password REPEATEDLY! When can we expect some kind of a solution?

• Diane Bellaire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know for a fact that my password for Apple is correct. I would like to sigh in with that password. I am not putting it back in

• TOMAZETTI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

apparently it is kind useless to suggest anything, for there are many other people with the same complain, and no action is taken. It is annoying to enter the password again every couple of days.

• donald d markley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you started with one password for all Google and Now I REPEATEDLY get asked to re enter my password its very annoying to half to do this ,especially when my high speed internet on my phone get s used to re enter password (s)

• Ts, V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is very annoying to enter password almost every day... password should be in sync until it's changed by user..

• Dorothy Rose Forgione commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often have to replace password on here. I do not have to do that on gmail. I also wanted you to keep it to permanently delete emails, not have it where they can be retrieved as that isn't a good feature. I like item to stay deleted.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Outlook for Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base