OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Get rid of the "Focused" inbox folder. Just stop sorting my inbox unless I tell you to.

12,303 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Martin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you for using Outlook Mobile and sharing your ideas with us. We really appreciate your support.

It is currently already possible to to turn on/off the Focused Inbox in the Android app, to do so, open the outlook app on your mobile device > Tap on the gear icon on the upper right corner> scroll down to the focused inbox option and
tap the toggle switch to turn it off.

If you are needing to turn off the Focused inbox option on the Outlook.com website you can do so by logging into the desktop portal then:
1. Go to settings in the top right corner of your screen. On the next screen, look in the left panel.
2.Scroll down until you see a heading titled Layout.
3.Listed under layout you should see an option for Focused Inbox.
After you’ve clicked on Focused Inbox you will be given the option to “sort messages into Focused and Other” or “Don’t sort messages”.
4.After selecting one of these options make sure to click the save button at the top of your screen then click options on the top left to return to your updated inbox.

If you are interested in learning more about our Focused inbox feature and how it works please refer to the following article.https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Focused-Inbox-for-Outlook-f445ad7f-02f4-4294-a82e-71d8964e3978?appver=OWC150

Thank you again for your support, we look forward to hearing more of your ideas very soon.

All the best
The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

1427 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike Glenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I LOVE focused inbox and hope this feature never goes away! I would agree it probably shouldn't be on by default. A one-time prompt when first setting up to describe it and let people choose would make sense.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it can be turned off, but it still wastes the big amount of screen space at the top which it uses for the slider for focused/other.

It would be better if in this mode the "filters" would be moved up so you free up a big amount of screen space at the top.

• Jonathan Ziebold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's easy to turn off, but it should be defaulted to "off" to begin with since it was a terrible idea. Let the few people who actually want it figure out how to turn it on.

• Carmen G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No one wants the focused inbox to happen. Stop trying to make the focused inbox happen. JUST LET ME SORT THE INBOX MYSELF WITH NORMAL FILTERS LIKE DATE/SENDER/SUBJECT. I can do it myself far more efficiently than focused inbox. STOP TAKING AWAY BASIC EMAIL FEATURES.

• JOSE MARIA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't care it is possible to reverse it manually. Just eliminate it and ask THEN if anybody wants this focused thing

• Ali Özer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of the "Focused" inbox folder. Just
    stop sorting my inbox unless I tell you to

• Derek Titov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

stop moving my emails to different places and separating them without my consent. I want them all to show up in the same place in chronological order, like any other inbox.

• Norman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

remove the send button from the lower right area when replying to emails..Too close to the indent button which causes emails to be accidentally sent before the text is finished.

• A Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so much this. i dont want to "turn it off", i want this "feature" wiped from the face of the Earth!!

• Erick Silahua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

by dividing my email in two separate files I am losing important emails or not seeing them because they get placed in the "other" folder.

• Basia Zaba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once you agree to try focused mail on one device the clutter feature gets turned off all your devices, even those that don't support focused mail e.g. desktop machine at work managed by central IT. You are then forced to look at long lists of unsorted mail or move items manually to clutter. So if it's impossible to run both the new focused system on some devices and clutter on others then allow us to go back to the old system at least until our central IT services catch up with the rest of the world.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 71 72

Outlook for Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base