Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jerry Naquin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

We recently added the ability to have a badge count of all your unread conversations right on the app icon. To enable/disable this feature please go to the app settings> scroll down to badge count> from here you can choose to show a badge count for all emails, focused only, or turn it off completely.

This feature is currently available for Samsung, Sony, and LG devices as well as for users running the Microsoft Launcher on their Android device.

Having trouble with these features? Let our in-app support team know by going to settings> help & feedback > contact support. We are here to help!

Thank you again for your support, we look forward to hearing more of your ideas very soon.

All the best
The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

2626 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My outlook icon on iPhone shows more than 6 unread emails and when I go in Read them I always have 6 less than the number shown. When I close the app it goes back to 0 unread emails. Next time I get an email, it shows 7 unread emails even though there is only 1. What is wrong and how can I fix it?

• Mike Marzotto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement a badge on the Outlook icon that displays the number of *new* emails in the inbox.

• Mayank Jain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

unread count clears even after reading one email. please fix this. ios version shows live unread count but android lacks it

• Saurabh Bareja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on the phone like any other app, when we have unread messages it gives count in top right side of the icon. which is not there in outlook. please add this feature and confirm...

• TB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have turned on "focus and all "badge" on my Android phone.
    Badge count is still not working please advise

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like my only options in App Settings on my Samsung S8 are either for 'ALL' or 'Off'. Would be great to be able to choose just to have unread emails display.

• Yordan Yordanov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just installed this on Samsung Galaxy S9+ and no badge is shown even though the feature is active. Will this app work some day as expected? Every time I give it a chance, something doesn't work!

• Natalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem as most people who have commented before me. My email app doesn't show the number of unread mails eventhough I have turned it on in the email settings. It is very inconvenient. Please fix it :(

• Clown Baby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go launcher should not be a deal breaker, very common launcher, I really miss the badge count but don't want to upend everything with scrapping all my customizations on my phone and I've been cemented into a hotmail acct for like 20 yrs, just stuck

← Previous 1 3 4 5 131 132

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base