OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Improve Search

multiple search criteria (sender, subject, body, date, etc)

10,580 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
rcw5309@msn.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1971 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • perkins@juli.us commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When viewing a single email or an entire thread, it would be incredibly helpful to have an option to perform a search within that email/thread. This exists in the full client and it exists in browsers via a "Find in page" option. This would allow one to quickly find the word/phrase they're seeking in any given message.

• Nicolae C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when I search for an event in calendar I can't find it because search results show everything from the emails with the same name

• Debra Teal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when searching for anything in an email I want it to show even if it is in the body of the email

• Mahadevan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mails are either searched with a keyword or person predominantly. current search results do not result in throwing up the mails by descending order of date and all related mails but it picks at random a few over a larger period of time this user unable to find what he wants to find.

• Tushar Borude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if I want to search a words then currently then it searches across all folders. where like pc app, it shall an option to search the word in particular folder or all folders. also search word shall be highlighted in yellow colour

• Pirazzi, Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) just give me the true inbox. 2) give me access to the search folders I set up in the desktop version (or let me add similar ones here. honestly, I have been a avid email user for 30 years, and I cannot use this app for email. a truly bad experience where I never see the email I want

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to search for emails and then highlight and select the emails that you searched and either move to a folder or delete them

• Guy Piscione commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm unable to search my mail by name and/or topic. I have to scroll through all the mail to find what I'm looking for. This only happens on my phone app not my laptop application. On my laptop I can enter in the search bar at the top when I am looking for in a will bring up all those messages. However on my phone I have I cannot do that.

• Philipp Foerst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the option to search for a folder name to find the right folder to which I want to move a message.

• Ashwin Gokhale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow searching for emails from source mail server (gmail, yahoomail etc) over large extended time periods. Currently search for emails from sender is over a few prior months only. Could you please extend this over the entire history (from the day the email address was created).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 98 99

Outlook for Android: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base