17,889 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
soulman . shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now move emails to any folder you wish including the Spam folder, by simply choosing the “more options” icon within the message (3 dots) > tap move> choose the folder you would like to move the email to. You can also move multiple emails by selecting them from the inbox view, tap the 3 dot icon > tap move then choose the folder you would like to move to. For outlook.com accounts only, sending items to spam will be picked up as a signal by our reporting team and will lead to the sender being blocked. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out at Settings > Help & Feedback > Contact Support.

1873 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark Doane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This a pretty convoluted way of doing it. There used to just be a mark as spam option for any email that wasn't from an existing contact or verified sender...

• william thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bravo so you can only make the good changes from the outlook website. Can I have a good answer for why this is not a feature on the desktop and mobile app?

• benjamin romine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it moves mail, but it doesnt tag the sender and make future emails from that sender go directlynto spam unless i use the pc

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nearly 2k comments on this forum alone suggesting you add a feature to mark as spam / block sender and Microsoft still refuse to include this as a feature. It baffles me.

• rachel chiong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why must make it so troublesome for user please ?user aren't spending whole day just doing this but we need fast and convenient option.

• John Berry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@soulman This is TOTALY UNACCEPTABLE as a convenient way to mark/block several items as spam. GMAIL has a menu that allows for unsubscribing and/or reporting/blocking an item as spam. This has been the way I have dealt with the hundreds of spam messages I receive every week. The answer to this thread may have shown completed, but the procedure to do it is WAY TO CUMBERSOME. Therefore I suggest anyone with this problem DELETE ALL MICROSOFT apps on their Android devices until this is resolved, such as I'm doing right now. Let me know when you've actually considered the users convenience...

• Wassim Mansour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clicking half a dozen buttons to move spam to the junk folder is NOT OK. Especially when dozens of spam messages make it through your filters everyday. A prominent button that reports the message as spam and moves it to the junk folder in one go is necessary.

• Enes Kula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its so hard to spam an email. lots of time I couldn't find the icon of "mark as spam"

• Mark Kempton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and the opposite. found a business email in spam. have to go to Hotmail to mark not spam. :-\

• James Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am able to report phishing attempts in my emails when I view on my desktop, however, I am unable to do so when I'm on my phone

• Erik Artéus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most common phishing mails I recive claim to be from Microsoft, Pay-pal or Apple store in addition to the bog-standard digital nigeria-letters.
    the apple store ones are especially "funny" as I don't use apple products or have an apple account.

• Paul Graves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spam and phishing reporting is available from the website and was available from the old app. Gmail allows it. How hard can that possibly be to implement? I've created a special folder that I move spam to so I can report it when I get to a computer. This is super frustrating. Add spam reporting already. Jeez.

• Paul Hillier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep getting spam but there doesn't seem to be an option where i can highlight it as spam to block in future

• F. Hubenka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every email app allows you to mark emails as spam except Outlook. I shouldn't have to log into webmail just to mark an email as spam. This is a basic, necessary feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 93 94

Outlook for Android: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base