OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Android? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you for using Outlook Mobile and sharing your ideas with us. We really appreciate your support.

You can now move emails to any folder you wish including the Spam folder, by simply choosing the “more options” icon within the message (3 dots) > tap move> choose the folder you would like to move the email to. You can also move multiple emails by selecting them from the inbox view, tap the 3 dot icon > tap move then choose the folder you would like to move to. For outlook.com accounts only, sending items to spam will be picked up as a signal by our reporting team and will lead to the sender being blocked. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out at Settings > Help & Feedback > Contact Support.

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we…

2. get rid of focus inbox

too annoying keeping track of what seems to be two email addresses. User has little control of what initially ends up in focus email.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you for using Outlook Mobile and sharing your ideas with us. We really appreciate your support.

It is currently already possible to turn on/off the Focused Inbox, to do so, Tap on settings then toggle on/off the Focused Inbox option.

Having trouble finding the feature? Let us know through the Help section of the app in the Settings. Tap settings> Help & Feedback> Contact Support. We’re here to help.

Thank you again for your support, we look forward to hearing more of your ideas very soon.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3. Expand sub folder view

Expand sub folders by adding a small button at the end of any folder that has sub folders.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you for using Outlook and letting us know about your current experience. We really appreciate your support.

We are so sorry this is happening to you. Please contact us through the Help Section of the app (Gear Icon > Help & Feedback > Contact Support) so that we can assist you in the best possible way.

We look forward to fixing this for you.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

4. 37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. inbox sync

there seems to be some problem with the sync function of inbox, both automatic and manual. sometimes the sync doesn't work at all. At other times only 1 or 2 days get sync, leaving me wonder why I didn't get any mail for 3-4 days...only to open outlook in desktop to find there are messages ...but didn't get synced to the mobile.

Please improve the sync....so that I don't have to open desktop every time to check an important mail...because this app is not trustworthy...

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for using Outlook and letting us know about your current experience. We really appreciate your support.

We are so sorry this is happening to you. Please contact us through the Help Section of the app (in the Settings) so that we can assist you in the best possible way.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

7. Add an option to mark mail as junk/spam

There is no option on the app to mark an email as junk/spam and that is quite annoying. I get occasional emails that I wish to mark and can't do so without a computer. Please fix this issue by adding the option to mark one or more emails as junk/spam.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

You can now move emails to any folder you wish including the Spam folder, by simply choosing the “more options” icon within the message (3 dots) > tap move> choose the folder you would like to move the email to. You can also move multiple emails by selecting them from the inbox view, tap the 3 dot icon > tap move then choose the folder you would like to move to. For outlook.com accounts only, sending items to spam will be picked up as a signal by our reporting team and will lead to the sender being blocked. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out at Settings > Help & Feedback > Contact Support.

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we…

8. unread

filter by unread messages. when I get busy, or after a vacation, i don't keep up with so the email. to help me catch up, would be useful to be able to filter by unread, only show unread, as on the outlook client on PC .

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

It is currently already possible to filter your emails by unread. To do so, Open you your inbox and tap on the filters button at the top right of the app screen and choose unread.

Having trouble finding the feature? Let us know through the Help section of the app in the Settings. We’re here to help.

Thank you again for your support, we look forward to hearing more of your ideas very soon.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

9. Search text within e-mails

Its the simplest feature in any app. A user should be able to search for text within e-mails.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Searching emails using a keyword is possible in our app. Simply type in the keyword or text in the Search box and the app will show you the related emails.

Not working for you? Please contact us through the Help Section of the app (in the Settings) so that we can assist you in the best possible way.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

10. add sweep command for multiple senders

In an older version of the web based Outlook, the sweep command deleted all emails from a particular sender. It was capable of deleting with multiple senders, if they were selected when the sweep was selected.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

It is currently already possible to perform bulk action in the app. To do this, long press on an email until a checkmark appears at the left of it. Once you’ve selected multiple emails, you’ll then be able to perform the following actions: deleting, marking as read, archiving. A “Select All” option will also appear in the top right corner.

Having trouble finding the feature? Let us know through the Help section of the app in the Settings. We’re here to help.

All the best,
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to…

11. Horario No Molestar

Fijar un horario para no recibir correos

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. allow the phone app to set away messages or out of office replies

allow the phone app to set away messages or out of office replies

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

It is currently already possible to set an out of office message in the app for Exchange and Office 365 account.

To setup out of the office replies, tap settings > tap your Office365 or Exchange account > tap Automatic Replies > toggle the switch on. 

You can choose:

1.) Reply to everyone

2.) Reply only to my organization

You can also set up a different messages for your organization and external senders.

Tap done once you have set up your automatic reply.

Having trouble finding the feature? Let us know through the Help section of the app. You may reach them by going to the app’s Setting > Help and Feedback > Contact Support

Thank you again for your support, we look forward to hearing more of…

13. Set option to select emails from same sender or subject

Be able to select and mark a specific email sender (originator) for search and locate emails for:

• Delete, forward, flag it or archive it

• Find a special email message, etc...

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We are so sorry this is happening to you. Please contact us through the Help Section of the app (in the Settings) so that we can assist you in the best possible way.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We are not able to see replies on this address. Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions.

14. copy and paste

being able to copy and past all, or any part of any mail! why can't I do that?

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Steve,

It is possible to copy the text to your clipboard.

To do so, simply long-press the body of the email, HMTL or plain text, you should be able to see the cursors that you can move to highlight the part that you want to copy. Then tap the “Copy” button found above the screen and the selected text will be saved in your clipboard.

All the best

The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this…

15. still missing alias management. not able to answer from the same alias where I got the message!!!

If I receive a message in one of my alias, I want to be able to answer from that alias!!!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We are so sorry this is happening to you. This is not how it’s supposed to work. But don’t worry, we have helpful and knowledgeable colleagues over at the Help section of the app that would be happy to address this concern. Please reach out to them by going to the app’s Setting > Help and Feedback > Contact Support

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

16. Lösch-Funktion schon in der Vorschau, Papierkorb. Markierung der Mails in der Vorschau zum löschen.

Ich möchte schon in der Vorschau entscheiden, welche Mail ich behalten möchte.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Editing Folder Rules Manually

I would like to manually review, and change, the rules that lead to emails ending up in Focused, Unfocused and Junk - as they often end up in the wrong folder for me.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

It is currently already possible to turn on/off the Focused Inbox, to do so, Tap on settings then toggle on/off the Focused Inbox option.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

18. 33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. after I reply to an email, and then want to reply a second time, hitting the reply button should send the email to original recipient.

in above situation, if you hit reply key with bottom tool, it replies to yourself. System should be smart enough to ignore the "sent" emails and only reply based on the incoming emails. Many times I've replied and sent an email to myself, instead of it going to the original recipient. This can be reproduced on demand.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We are not able to see replies on this address. Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions.

20. Have an option to disable combined inbox view (keep accounts separate)

I find it incredibly frustrating that the default view is combined inbox whenever I open outlook. I need to keep my work and personal accounts separate.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base