OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Reading Pane Right to display one line

Allow the option to change Reading Pane Right to display one line per email instead of three. Both Reading Pane Below and Hidden displays only one line. Some people can't reading three lines of text per email. Too much information.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back the ability to jump to the body of the email from the subject line by hitting enter.

The ability to jump to the body of the email from the subject line by hitting enter has always been a part of the Outlook editions I've used. It is something I do automatically, and now it just continues entering text in the subject. It will jump to the body if you hit tab. Can't see a good reason for the change.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update the scripting dictionary, specifically:

Specific updates to the Outlook Scripting Dictionary:

1) Add in a "paste" command for outgoing messages. THis would make getting data in from Excel and other apps far easier.

2) Fix the defaults in the foward command so that the default for opening window is the safe option, not one that causes the command to fail.

3) Return the ability to run a script within a client-side rule

4) Make the signature an element of outgoing message, so that a script can set the signature even if it's different from the account default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Do not allow picutes to automatically download in junk mail, despite other settings

ALL mail automatically flagged as junk should NOT download any images, regardless of other automatic image download settings. This is a security issue and flaw in the application. This has nothing to do with safe or blocked senders. If Outlook flags it, no images should be downloaded.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to turn off Reminders for individual accounts in Calendar

I sync my Apple Outlook calendar with 3 different accounts. I only want the Reminders application to show me reminders for calendar events on one of them, not the other two. I suggest you add a simple option for each account to allow the user to say whether that calendar's items show up in the Reminders window or not.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add more capabilities! Make it more professional.

I had Outlook 25 years ago, it was professional. I changed to Mac and have been getting by with their software for over 15 years. I just tried Outlook again and found it to be simplistic and very restrictive. It seems to be designed by children. I have 4000+ contacts and can't import them to Outlook because of its serious limitations. With Outlook, I can't include a business's website in the Address Book (“People”). I can't even make a contact for a business name like Microsoft. This is shocking. I also don't like my Calendar separated by my email addresses…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SAVE EMAIL ADDRESSES AUTOMATICALLY

WHEN AN EMAIL IS RECEIVED, IT SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY BE SAVED AS A CONTACT. IF IT IS SPAN THE SYSTEM SHOULD NOT SAVE IT.

EXTRACTING CONTACTS AFTER USING THE EMAIL FOR 4 YEARS WITHOUT SAVING THE CONTACTS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Name an appointment without having to open it

Until a recent update, when I created a new appointment on my calendar, I could name it right there in the calendar, it would select the text "New Appointment" and I could replace it. Now I have to open the new event to edit the title. Please restore previous functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I suggest you enable calendar browsing by mouse/trackpad, as at the moment it's only possible clicking on the forward backward button.

I suggest you enable calendar browsing by mouse/trackpad, as at the moment it's only possible clicking on the forward backward button. Ironically you can browse forward and backward in the calendar by mouse/trackpad when you schedule a new meeting or open an existing one, but not in the main calendar view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. include % scaling on print dialog in outlook. It is the only sizing option saves time vs separate page format

I don't often need to print/save as pdf from outlook but when I do, I often use the % scaling and it is often quite different between emails.

Add scaling to main print dialog instead of separate step in page setup

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disable sending read receipts

Add the option like in Windows, to permanently disable sending read receipts to emails that have requested a read receipt

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Search Total Time

When I search for an event in my Outlook Calendar, I see columns for the Subject, Location, Start, End, and Recurrence Pattern.
    Is it possible to add a tab for “Total Time” of the event (ex. 2.5 hr.)? Or to see a total number of hours for the event when searched?
    Would be helpful to search how much time has been spend on specific events or projects with reoccurring key words in the subject.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Completely get rid of (or retire) the .ics

Please consider to completely retire .ics system. It's just adding a lot of steps to download the .ics file so that Outlook calendar can recognize the event. Try to streamline this process just like Google Calendar. Thanks!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Complete task management, as in windows

Complete task management, as in windows in Outlook for Mac

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I suggest that you install a button with which you can share meetings with secure persons instead of inviting persons via email.

Ich würde vorschlagen, dass sie eine Funktion installieren mit der man mit bestimmte Personen (die vorher als "sicher" gekennzeichnet wurden) teilen kann. Anstatt die umständliche Funktion diese nur per Email mit Personen teilen zu können oder einen gesamten Kalender freizugeben.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Modify how recipient e-mail addresses are displayed for contacts with multiple addresses

Many people have multiple email addresses. In the "Contacts" module it is possible to designate an address as the "Default" address for a contact. However, when in the "E-mail" module you enter that contact's name in any of the addressee fields, the dropdown list of all that contact's addresses doesn't put the default address at the top of the list. I think it should. (BTW, if you create a new e-mail to that person while in the "Contacts" module, the default address is used automatically.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Forward email to add ";" between emails in To, CC, BCC fields, instead of ","

Currently, for a forwarded email, the separator between email addresses in the To / CC / BCC area is using ",". But if we copy and paste the list of emails to the email To / CC / BCC field, it cannot work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base