OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Linux Version

Currently macOS stops being the developer os of our choice the more stuff that apple does.

I'm a heavy C# dotnet core user and we mostly deploy to Linux, so I prefer the full *nix environment and would not be that happy with Windows and WSL2.
    So the only software that actually hinders my move away from macOS is basically Outlook, since my company is a heavy Office365 user. We heavily invested in Office365 and all our customers are on it. It's really easy to administrate, even from Linux and even PowerShell Core helps greatly to make management easier for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shard Task Outlook for Mac (365)

I suggest enabling shared tasked in outlook for Mac. I do not understand why outlook is not uniform between the PC and Mac platforms.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please reverse the Junk email features

Can't stand the new junk email features. Return the functionality to reply, forward and download attachments. I use it as a sorting box and typically review attachments and make short responses to those items I do not want clogging my inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Teams add-in Username format authentication

Hi there, I want the Teams add-in for Outlook for Mac to function with a username format authentication. Since our company doesn't allow authentication with an email address, the Teams add-in for Outlook doesn't work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I suggest you added characters, words count function like in Word, in order to self-train people in consiceness, Jan MERNA

The best would be to display the count automatically in right down corner. This could help people to learn users for use of Twitter as well. Thank you for consideration. Keep speed to hold Apple apps behind. Jan MERNA, UCT Prague, from MacOS Airbook.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Update monthly calendar view

Make the monthly calendar view scrollable by one week at a time. I use this in my work PC to view current jobs and those coming up on the calendar. It is very time consuming to have to change back and forth between months the last two weeks of the month

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow ability to see Calendar (or tasks, etc.) on right sidebar while working in mail

Allow ability to see Calendar (or tasks, etc.) on right sidebar while working in mail. This was previously very helpful in past Windows versions

572 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Links Back for Email Replies – so you can see what you have sent when Conversation is turned off

In the new interface – if you have conversations turned off, you can no longer click on “you replied to this message” and actually see the email that you have previously sent...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Migration from Windows to MacOs - Outlook

Would request please come-up with some simple way to migrate from Windows to MacOs for Outlook, as importing PST is not helping at all and need to re-download all emails for POP email id's which mean - user need to resort all his old email id's

there should very simple process of Migration of Outlook from Windows to MacOs

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. recommend to the platform designers to include in an update an option to unlink this special coding between calendars, as color is in place

please recommend to the platform designers to include in an update an option to unlink special color-tagging coding between calendars, as color is in place to help in organization and not disrupt these systems; for a user whose calendar I help manage, the color coding is useful for them (using these multiple colors for this one person's calendar), but, it conflicts with the color coding system I find useful for my work (which aligns one color per person); it seems to have been developed by the user applying tags to certain meetings in their calendar. As when someone changes the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. offer the possibility to classify the mails in one click

outlook is often used professionally. Users often file all their important emails in sub-folders. The mail filing tool is not intelligent and simply offers to choose where you want to file the folder. Depending on the subject, sender, content and analysis of the email history, Outlook might suggest the folder where you want to store the email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Delete Later Function

I receive tons of emails that have value to me for about a week or two. After that, I manually archive or delete them. My number one Outlook dream (for many years) has been a function to "delete/archive later". You would create a rule that identifies the source of the email (sender) and then gives you the option to archive/delete the email after xx days. Applying the rule would cover all incoming mail. The email would sit in your inbox and then on the given day, would automatically follow the defined rule for that sender, moving it to archive or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I suggest options for which information is sent when sharing contacts.

I often have notes on people, transactions or even home addresses that should not be sent if I'm sharing someone's contact information with another person. Currently, I have to manually cut that information then send and re-paste. There should be options for each field that can be selected or at least a few templates or major categories to include or exclude (such as home vs office, personal, notes).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide the option to remove “Top Results” from Search

Allow the user to not show “Top Results” from Search

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. option to disable "sender image"

We don't like to see the color bubble with the initial auto generate by itself.
    PC there's an option can turn it off, but mac version doesn't have that option at all

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add an option to change the default address book from GAL to Contacts

I have recently updated our employees addresses in our CRM platform. When checking in outlook shortly after I noticed that I now have 2 contacts cards for each employee. One containing the update and another without the update. I then realized that one is under the GAL directory and the other is under all Contacts that were imported from my CRM. Thus the reason for my request. I know there is a way to do so for PC as explained in this link - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/change-default-address-book-53b3ce7a-9d35-4e27-9e37-57979778fe5b but I could not find an appropriate solution for Mac users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New Outlook for Mac need to suppport 1440x900 (retina) resolution when side pane is active

I have my retina Macbook pro set to 1440x900 resolution. This is what used to be the default resolution previosly.

When a new mail is composed it takes up so much space in the middle pane that it pushes the side pane out of the screen.

The size of the editing area should be made smaller for this resolution so that this does not happen.

It is possible to collapse the navigation to the left as a workaround but it is not good enough unless this was made automnatic for this resolution. I.e. collapse the navigation automatically if the side…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable bulk photo transfer to a destination folder of my choosing.

There seems to be no simple way in Outlook for Mac to save all attached pictures to a selected folder from an open e-mail. Am I wrong? the only way seems to require that I click on each picture individually to save only that one, ...a real time wasting process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix activation problems on Mac.

I just bought Office 2019 for Mac, from Microsoft's website

Whenever I log in, it asks me to activate

The first time I try, it gives me an error message that it can't activate at this time

Then I click 'log in using another account', log in with the exact same login details, and it works

But whenever I close the program, the same problem happens again

This seems to be a problem with Office, not Mac. All of these error messages happen within Office, and Office manages to activate the second time around

Not what I expect having just…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in