OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to assign specific times when using Tasks or ToDo.

I've used ToDoist for years and it's a feature that keeps me as a customer. I like that I can schedule tasks right into my calendar's workflow.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Retain "Follow Up" keyboard shortcut hierarchy of old Outlook interface

The protocol for a quick keymapping sequence, for example, <control>-1 to mark a message for follow up with varying delays of chronological alert (using higher and higher numbers) was dropped with the "new" Outlook interface ree-design and replaced with a single, un-ordered, key mapping of <control>-0, with no hierarchy of importance inherent or quickly coded into the message, I abandoned the "new" interface on the basis of this one change. It is not an improvement, but a regression.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve reading experience

A list of new messages in the in box. I read through each and the last one as I delete after reading remains "unread" in the trash - even though the content was displayed.

The only way I can avoid this is to read the last message jump back to the top of the list and then step through each message, delete, next, and repeat until all have been read OR selsect the entire list (select all) and mark as read and then step, read, delete.......this is obnoxious!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New Calender Group in Outlook for Mac

New Calender Group exists in Outlook for pc, why not for Mac?
    It would help a lot to plan the creative teams in our company and give a good view on the daily capacity of each skill.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Outlook Meetings

New Outlook Calendar doesn't allow to schedule meetings that span across multiple days.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create plugins for desktop Outlook for macOS

I would like to have a possibility to create plugins for desktop Outlook for macOS like VSTO (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/vsto/create-vsto-add-ins-for-office-by-using-visual-studio?view=vs-2019) for Windows. In such plugins, I need a possibility to intercept and analyze outgoing emails and block them if there is something wrong with data inside emails. Currently, I can only develop JavaScript plugins for Microsoft exchange and use the On-send feature (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/outlook/outlook-on-send-addins?tabs=classic) to intercept outgoing emails which is very inconvenient as it is required an external server that will receive emails for analyzing.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to Remove Skype Meeting from my Ribbon

Please do not force me to have Skype in my Calendar toolbar. I did not request or want Skype on there.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Big files MAC

I have a mac and I can't send big files in outlook. I tried to do it through One Drive but it is not practical, as I have to save all the files first inside One Drive and then copy the link and paste it to my email.
    I have spent more than 1 hour chatting with your technician, he was inside my computer but he couldn't come up with a better solution.
    Through gmail, big files are sent automatically through Google Drive (links). Doesn't outlook have this or a similar option?
    I prefer working with outlook but without this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In outlook 2016 using a Macbook on BigSur OS, when I open a email I can't maximize it, even the green button is disabled.

In outlook 2016 using a Macbook on BigSur OS, when I open a email I can't maximize it, even the green button is disabled.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create an offline search of emails to consumer less application resources.

The current email search is slow sluggish ONLY at the very beginning, so either disable automatic search based on a few characters typed in the search window OR create a completely separate, offline search.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Responding to your support questions.....

I have been waiting for more than a day. My technician (Amrit) seems to have given up and left me hanging.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I suggest you find a way to make the Outlook for Mac accounts' databases less storage space hungry

It currently takes way more space to store an equal number of emails in Outlook for Mac than it does in Outlook for Windows, so it would be of enormous help if you could remedy this disparity

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please fix the faltering message preview that occurs after an extended duration.

For many versions now, after several hours of use, Outlook 2019 for Mac will fall into a condition where the current message selected in the message list is NOT accompanied by the correct content in the message preview pane. Sometimes, clicking the the active message will not update the content. My only known solution now is to Quit Outlook and re-launch. This is a difficult problem to reproduce. OS = Mojave, Outlook = 16.46.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. create quiet hours for the Mac app like you do for the iOS app.

I teach from home, and I would like to be able to turn off mail notifications at 430 everyday automatically. I'd like for them to come back on automatically at 8am. I can do this on MS Teams. Perhaps an "Office Hours" that extends to push notifications on both the Mac and iOS apps would be helpful thanks!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Include an option to add Events from Outlook to To Do task list and to add tor Clnedar s

It would save time if I could add events scheduled on my calendar to the To Do app. and also add tasks from my "to do" app to Outlook Events.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to schedule "work offline" on a recurrent basis - say for every weekend.

Make it possible to schedule "work offline" on a recurrent basis so that I don't receive or send emails on a weekend, but I can consult my emails and if I choose to, prepare emails to be sent at say 8am on Monday morning.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'd like to suggest you please add the hide-participants-feature on Calendar invites on the Mac in Outlook

I'd like to ask you to please add the hide-participants-feature on Calendar invites on the Mac in Outlook, thank you so much, Alexander

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Editable menu band items, or make it at least scrollable - it is useless in full screen mode

There is a big issue with Outlook for MAC in full screen mode. If you start creating a meeting not all items in the menu band are accessible as they are outside the windows.
    E.g. if you have a common extension like Cisco WebEx, you are NOT able to add a WebEx meeting when you started creating a normal meeting. This is due to the fact that the new item is outside the window.
    Only solution is to get the whole app out of full screen mode, search for the window with the newly created meeting adapt, send and get…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think it would be great if you allowed for users (including Mac users) the ability to change the TITLE/Subject of meetings sent by others.

I think it would be great if you allowed for users (including Mac users) the ability to change the TITLE/Subject of meetings sent by others. It's very annoying when someone sends me a meeting, and I cannot control the title of the meeting to my preferences on MY SCHEDULE. Say my name is Brandy, and somebody sends me an invite titled "Brandy and Susie for Lunch", at a glance it looks like I'm having a meeting with myself and can't change it.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base