OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Arrows in the calendar view to show there are meetings that cannot fit in the hours displayed

In the calendar view, to make entries readable you can display maybe 10 hours of the day. As organizations today span the globe, we often have meetings outside our "daytime" hours. An arrow at the top or bottom of each days hour listing to indicate there are meetings on this day that are not currently displayed would remind us we have another meeting to attend.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customizable slide

I suggest to be able to customize sliding to left/right so this mail is send to a specific folder created earlier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blinking/flashing background when refreshing

I suggest to cancel the blinking/flashing background when refreshing mails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can you add the "like" feature where you can like an email message? Can do this on the web client but not on the desktop app for mac.

Can you add the "like" feature where you can like an email message? Can do this on the web client but not on the desktop app for mac.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please bring back desktop alert for mac. it appears it has been disabled in the most recent update

There is no desktop alert when a new mail arrives. I have checked notifications settings in Preferences and I have also checked notifications on mac but still outlook desktop alert for mac is not working.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bring back People Panel for Outlook of MAC

I suggest Microsoft team can bring back menu People Panel for Outlook of MAC , the same as Outlook for Window.

Thanks and best regards

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I suggest non-English language text input method shortcut key must be prioritized than Outlook shortcut key.

Non-English language text input method needs shortcut key to transform the characters like Kanji, Chinese character, etc.
    But Outlook and some Office application force to assign each application's shortcut and they disable text input method shortcut.
    This is really headache.
    Please give us shortcut key assignment settings in all office applications or leave the priority to text input method shortcut.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to permanently disable MS Add-Ins to Oulook for Mac

Not everyone uses or wants to use OneNote or Customer Manager, and if you’re not using these applications, these buttons take up valuable space in the ribbon, hiding other more useful buttons - e.g. Read/Unread. I appreciate this issue is linked to screen size, and is therefore probably not an option on larger laptops or desktops screens, but it is a significant issue on smaller laptop screens.

When I raised this with MS Support, I got the following response: "we are able to reproduce it on our end and we have a confirmation that this is expected behaviour for OneNote…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add an option in Preferences to 'Allow' or 'Not Allow' automatic launch of Outlook at Login

See suggestion above. This will reduce waiting time at Login if the desired application to start right away is other than Outlook (which takes a long time to complete)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want the ability to remove OneNote which I don't us from my ribbon bar and insert teams instead

I would like the ability to hide OneNote from the ribbon bar in favour of being able to replace with Teams or other MS shortcuts..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cleanup Tool

Add a cleanup tool in the Mac version to remove duplicate messages in Mac Outlook 2016 like the one available in the Windows version.

337 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please do enable Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin under MacOS Catalina

Please do enable Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin in MS Outlook for Mac under the latest version of MacOS Catalina.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bring Back All Inboxes

The MacOS Preview Of Outlook 365 Is Missing “All Inboxes” This Is A Backward Step.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow users to use unsecured port numbers such as 25 with SSL connection as some organization require this or have it enabled.

Need the ability to use unsecured port numbers (like 25 or 110, etc.) with SSL connection due to the settings implemented by the IT Admins or requirements setup at the Server level. Other email clients allow this feature and having this enabled will help a lot of users.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Accounts: advanced options

In the "Old" Outlook preferences -> Accounts, there's an "Advanced..." option to be able to go in and make some changes to the account. This is no longer available in the "New" Outlook. It should still be available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Contacts, People ... pictures are way too small.

Make them adjustable, bigger, and an option for sizes along with round. Under Outlook Preferences, add in a 'photo' size adjustment. Having pictures allow easy recall of the client, professional contact, or wholesaler. Its useful when your practice has 200 professional contacts. Please change this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add capability for notes directly on individual emails

There are times when I get emails in, and I have some thoughts on responding, but I don't have time to respond immediately. I want to be able to jot down the thoughts "onto" the email (without making a draft, too clunky). This is also useful for allowing me to summarize long emails into a quick note pain (basically, Review Comments in Word but on emails) and then give me the ability to search them (also maybe automatically tag them as haveComments or something).

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)