OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow download pictures from select domains

Add option to allow download of pictures from select domains. This is useful when enabling "external email banners" as pictures versus text.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I appreciate Applescripting library built into Outlook for automation. Can I get some real documentation on how to use?

I appreciate Applescripting library built into Outlook for automation. Can I get some real documentation on how to use? Preferably Microsoft coded, real world solutions, how to use, explanations, etc. Would be nice to have a complete book for Applescripting Outlook 2016/2019.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Big Sur Update

I'm not a fan of the Big Sur update only due to the folders tab not being editable to pick my exact size I want to see all my folders, I have switched back to the original version as it can do that function. I don't have a huge screen and can't afford for a tab to take up so much space, I just need a see a few words of each folder to know what they are.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make folder visible in which a certain mail is stored when you look up mails by using the search command.

Curretly, when you look up mail by using the search menu, you get all mails listed with the specific search item in it. That is excellent. However, those mails are located in various folders. That information used to be visible when scrolling over the respective email under previous versions of outlook, but not anymore. It would be very helpfull to get this info, because some mails still need to be archived in folders and in this way you can see whether it is already stored in the correct folder or still in the inbox.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable the same "automatically dismiss reminders for past calendar events" feature you have on Windows

Please allow Mac users to turn off reminders for past (overdue) calendar events. They serve absolutely no purpose, and Windows users can turn them off already. Please!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. For online live lessons during the pandemic using Teams, please can we have option to see all faces/students' work in a class like with Zoom

For online live lessons during the pandemic using Teams, please can we have the option to see all faces/students' work in a class like with Zoom. This would bring the online live lessons closer to face-to-face lessons and help with assessment and maintaining class community.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add the ability to insert image via URL on a Mac

This feature is needed for signatures so it points to a URL instead of embedding an attached image. This is currently impossible to do in Outlook (including the web browser version) on a Mac. Please consider adding it in the Insert image menu.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I suggest you to install the developer menu on outlook mac

Bonjour, j'ai payé le même prix qu'un utilisateur windows de la suite office, cependant je ne dispose pas des mêmes fonctionnalités. Cela s'apparente à de la discrimination ou de la vente forcée su rWindows ou de la tromperie pour un client Mac; En effet, cela n'est nullement précisé lors de l'achat. Nulle part Microsft n'annonce que je disposerai d'une version bridée des outils proposés à un utilisateur Windows.
    Je vous suggère fortement et rapidement d'installer l'outil développement au même titre que pour un utilisateur Windows.
    En attendant, je vais donc vous demander de faire un geste commercial sur les 4…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dynamic dates in Rules

In rules, would it be possible to have dynamic dates to be able to set up a rule e.g. deleting or moving mails from a folder, if older than e.g. 7 days. This criteria need be able to combine with other criteria in the normal way.

Today, dates are fixed to a certain date. Need it to be dynamic days, weeks, months years.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow dates to be picked in the correct format

The date picker for new calendar items, follow-up reminders and probably other date pickers are in dumb month/date/year format instead of using the system short date format.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. return to the previous calendar view when updating a recurring meeting

Scenario:
    - Open a recurring meeting as a series. The series started 1 year ago.
    - Make an edit and save the series.
    - When the edit window exits, the calendar view changes to the day/week/month of the day the series started 1 year ago.

In the same scenario in Google Calendar, the calendar returns to the view from which the user was on when opening the meeting.

So, when I edit the meeting details for its occurrence this week and save it for the whole series, I want to return to the view of this week and not the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Build a connection between Sharepoint and Outlook.

We use Sharepoint as our document storage. When I create an email in Outlook I am unable to attach a document from a Sharepoint folder.
    Likewise, when receiving a document (ex PDF) I cannot save it to the correct document folder. Which means that I have a temp storage on my Mac where I save a document before attaching it to an email or saving it to a folder.
    The problem is the same whether I use the online Outlook version or the application on my Mac.

I can open an office attachment and then save it to an online…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix the formatting for emails.

Fix the formatting for emails. I am seeing a lot emails being sent to clients where spaces are not appearing between paragraphs. It looks very unprofessional. There appears to be no rhyme or reason why some emails have messed up formatting and other do not.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Spell check question

last week Outlook sported a new looking spell correction, this week I no longer see it but rather the "traditional" version. I liked the new look and feel, can we bring that back?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reply to missed activity emails from Outlook / Actionable activity emails for Mac

Any chance there is a timeframe when this might be available for Mac as it is for Windows devices?

Thanks so much!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. allow for items (files) to be added to outlook for Mac and to also allow for formatting

allow for items (files) to be added to outlook for Mac and to also allow for formatting

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I suggest Embeding Forms in Outlook Emails

I suggest y'all figure out how to embed Forms in Outlook emails. Why would I use Forms if I can't embed them?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Notification Rules/Alerts for Sub Folders.

It is important to set different notification rules for subfolders to manage the mails efficiently.

We see the badges, the number of mail received in the subfolder, but doesn’t notify us that a new email arrived.

There should be an option in the rules whether we want desktop alert or notification for emails that come into that particular subfolder.

377 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base