OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. symbol icon in windows word (on my macmini) ! where can I find the symbol icon to add foreign letters and so on...

Ich vermisse das "Symbol" Zeichen in (Windows) Word auf meinem Mac mini. Wenn ich eine neue Email schreibe, würde ich gerne ein Symbol (was normalerweise oben rechts ist) einfügen. Zb andere Buchstaben, Zahlen usw...
    Wo ist das ?!?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. error code 17193

Error Code on Outlook for Mac 17193 _ keep getting this error message about an email which has a file too large attached. I can't find the email (not in drafts or sent). IMAP enabled (should I disable POP?). It's infuriating as it keeps coming up. HELP!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update monthly calendar view

Make the monthly calendar view scrollable by one week at a time. I use this in my work PC to view current jobs and those coming up on the calendar. It is very time consuming to have to change back and forth between months the last two weeks of the month

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Paste without formatting" option in Outlook

"Paste without formatting" option in Outlook. We have it in Microsoft Word and Excel. Why not outlook. I would use it every single day. The option is there, but it is not intuitive. You have to paste it wrong first, then click on the little notepad to correct it and remove formatting. It would be better to add it into the Edit menu like the other 3-4 paste options, similar to what you’ve done with the other Microsoft applications. That way you paste it in the right way the first time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add to Calendar

When an incoming email contains a date or time reference in the body or subject, it would be great to click on the date and choose to add the event into the Calendar module. Apple's Mail programme does this adding events into the Calendar App.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In Outlook 16.40 (20081000) the options when selecting Message | Attachments are no longer listing - I believe this is a nasty bug

In Outlook 16.40 (20081000) the options when selecting Message | Attachments are no longer listing - I believe this is a nasty bug

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In Outlook 16.40 (20081000) the options when selecting Message | Attachments are no longer listing - I believe this is a nasty bug

In Outlook 16.40 (20081000) the options when selecting Message | Attachments are no longer listing - I believe this is a nasty bug

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When selecting a contact, add "schedule meeting"

When selecting a contact, their contact card opens instantly. I can call people from there, send an email, IM them lookup their location etc. But what's missing is to schedule a meeting. It would help to quickly check if that person is available any time soon.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ALLOW customizing ribbon and add to-do/tasks to the right pane on the home view of outlook

ALLOW customizing ribbon and add to-do/tasks to the right pane on the home view of outlook

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow color coding for large blocks of time (weeks, months, quarters).

Allow color coding for large blocks of time (weeks, months, quarters). Color coding events is great, but it would be super helpful to be able to color code large blocks of time. Project based scheduling would benefit from this feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add voting button function to Outlook for Mac

Voting button is available for Outlook running on other systems than Mac. Please add the voting button function to Outlook for Mac .

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. offer high end office apps for 365 subscribers online as in gmail or lose the online battle

Gmail has great online presence. However, i don't want my office files be converted. Though I have subscribed to O365 i get light versions of the apps.

Outlook does not suggest TO or CC emails though i have them in the contact list.

My only reason for subscribing O365 is to free me from carrying a PC or Mac for accessing my emails, docs and the presentation slides.

Of course i can carry my files on a memory stick and use online office products for free.

Shivram

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. sort/filter messages on server for shared mailboxes

We have a shared mailbox, but setting on rules or filters to move some of the messages into an folder dont work. Lets hope this will work in the future

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Extend the disable date for the Mac Outlook Webex plug in

The current date to disable the injection based Outlook plug in on Mac was previously June and is now October. Most users are not aware of this change and development/planning is still underway to convert users to the add in framework. No formal notice/notification has been provided and the dates seem somewhat fluid. We would like to ask that you extend the disable date and push towards the end of the year (as previously advertised), and set a firm date so the other providers/vendors have time to enhance their add in features.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "RULES" need for Outlook Export/Import functions for Mac Users

When we have existing IMAP rules = to be able to Move/Drag & Drop or/ Export them individually or better: globally into EXCHANGE rule panel in a whatever you want .rwz extension file...

... as this link is a legend : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/import-or-export-a-set-of-rules-f54b5bd2-40e0-426e-9f25-e51fa14eeb95

... even with a mature OUTLOOK 16.37 (20040801) mac user ! : /

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. read receipts for ALL emails!!!

I have important emails sent out when i may forget to select read receipt on. please make it so that we can save it for ALL emails sent out! This is available on other platforms but i love outlook client... this is the only fault.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. macos font

I work at an organization with G Suite, and I'd like to configure Outlook replies to be "invisible" from Gmail replies.

For macOS, this means better control over fonts, and control over the custom attribution.

I set my default reply font to Arial 11, but I am reading messages in Calibre. Also, my attribution text will appear in Calibre when my message above it appears in Arial! I'd like to change the font everywhere ("On [DATE], "[NAME]" [ADDRESS] wrote:")

I'd also like to change the attribution so I can match Google's default of "On Aug 28, 2020, "... rather than…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I suggest you...

be more clear about the daily limit. As per my 365 Personal subscription I am paying for monthly, I should be able to send emails to 5,000 recipients daily. I just tried to send barely 500 emails for a virtual event I'm organizing, and after 494 emails, was told that I had exceeded my daily limit...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)