OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update monthly calendar view

Make the monthly calendar view scrollable by one week at a time. I use this in my work PC to view current jobs and those coming up on the calendar. It is very time consuming to have to change back and forth between months the last two weeks of the month

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. my tags on my emails are not showing like before

when I forward or reply mail, the original mail sometime does not show the tag or forward or reply.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add URL output function on Calendar

Add URL output function on Calendar so that we can consolidate it via more apps and software by favourite

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. provide a way to delay ALL outgoing emails sent on the weekend until Monday morning (or other pre-set times)

Currently, there is the option to delay the sending of emails on an individual basis. I would like to see a feature where I can delay all outgoing messages to a pre-set time so that emails are not received by colleagues on the weekend.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change new message format

Al crear un nuevo mensaje, que exista la opción de modificar el tamaño de la ventana/cuadro de diálogo.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add an email as calendar event

In the "old" outlook for Mac there was the possibility to add an email as an event. Now it's gone.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide option to *DISABLE* drag-and-drop editing and "smart" text selection

Please provide option to DISABLE drag-and-drop editing and "smart" text selection.

These two "features" causes me a lot of grief trying to edit wordings of a sentence. While trying to deal with smart selection that insists on selecting the entire word rather than a portion of it (or selecting additional elements not intended) that some how turned into a drag-and-drop editing, which then further screws up the editing. Frequent undos resulted and resorted to deleting and retyping the entire word or portion of the sentence.

These features are supposed to help, not get in the way of the writer. I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keep last email (email thread)

sometimes we have a lot of emails as conversational emails (forward/reply) I wish if we have a way "keep the last email" -FOR REFERENCE instead of deleting each email in email thread manually.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ISO 8601 standard week number option

Based on the ISO week number standard (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISOweekdate), the ISO 8601 definition for week 01 is the week with the first Thursday of the Gregorian year (i.e. of January) in it. So I would expect 2021 week 1 to start on January 4, 2021. Instead it shows that 2021 week 1 starts on Dec 28, 2020.

I believe the Mac version of Outlook needs the option (First week of year: "First 4-day week") that is present in the Windows version, so that we can set it to conform to the ISO definition. https://superuser.com/questions/1246132/wrong-week-number-in-outlook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make lunch hour possible

we Chinese people need lunch hour and take noon nap at around 12:00 to 14:00. I wish we can setup a daily lunch hour and avoid work time during it

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add collapsable Room List in calendar view (instead of separate rooms)

On Windows, users have the option of adding a calendar from Global Address Book. They are able to type the name of a Room List, select it and - boom - they find a collapsable section in the calendar side bar with all meeting rooms listed.

On Mac there is no such thing. One has to add each calendar one by one by name, and the resulting list is not collapsable in the side bar.

Please implement this. This is but one example of lack of feature parity between Windows and Mac Outlook client.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. insight function fix!

allow insights button to still work even when the reading pain is off. This affects all users and makes no sense whatsoever!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remove the daily reminder when automatic reply is scheduled with a start and stop date!

When automatic reply is set up with a start and stop date and time (eg at vacation) an annoying dialogue pops up at every log-in asking me if I want to cancel it or not! Why??? It is scheduled already! In the iOS app there is an unobtrusive option at the top of the mailbox which is as good a reminder and not so irritating. Implement this or at least make it optional!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When clicking 'Send to OneNote' button, bring up the notebooks in the same account as you used to sign in to OneNote

A recent release of Office removed functionality that was present in previous versions, and I would like to see that functionality reinstated please.
    When clicking the 'Send to OneNote' button in Mail, Outlook now brings up the list of Notebooks that are in the same account as the message which you have currently got selected. Until a month or so ago it used to bring up the list of notebooks that were in the account that you had used to sign in to OneNote. The Windows version has not had this functionality removed by the way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The New Outlook

The New Outlook seems not to support email.

When I click on it I get: The following accounts and items aren't supported and won't be available in the new Outlook.

It then lists all my email accounts, IMAP, POP, Gmail and Outlook plus On My Computer folders

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Use local date format for tasks and follow-up

I have set the date format to YYYY-MM-DD but there are tons of fields where I soo or need to enter US format. Why is this so inconsistent?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Command Dot cancels send. PLEASE

Press Command Period to stop emails from sending.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Modify sending options

Let people reply to an email without including the entire conversation history

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base