OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve user control over which attachments get synchronized to the local drive.

With Outlook for Mac implementing Sandboxing it is becoming very difficult to manage a large Inbox within the confines of entry level SSD sizes on MacBooks. At this moment, the user lacks any sort of control over the amount of data that gets synchronized to the local Profile Database.

Suggestions:
    a) Allow the user to completely disable attachment download - attachments would only be downloaded when a user explicitly opens an attachment.
    b) Allow the user to disable attachment downloads per folder - this would help with people that use folders to manage older messages.
    c) Allow the user to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I wanted to archive a single IMAP folder not all the email accounts I manage through Outlook.

This was something that I could do with my Outlook 2010 for Windows Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Smaller updates

Smaller updates. Updates are almost 1GB. There has to be a way to makes the downloads smaller. With all the other Office apps this is unbearable. Almost 5 GB to update the whole Office suite.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. here is a winner - sending e-mail in OL & u forget to include attachment - have pop up if you use see attached in body of email

here is a winner - sending e-mail in OL & u forget to include attachment - have pop up if you use 'see attached' in body of email to remind you to attach - kind of like depositing a check w your bank - if the check amount is different than the amount you entered to deposit - you get a pop up - this one is good!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. reading pane disappears

The reading pane disappears and won't default to it anymore when I change folders. Happened on my Mac and on someone else's Window's machine. Must have been an update that ruined it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add icons from Sunrise

I miss the icons from Sunrise calendar! When will they be in Outlook?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. enlarge the font of the folders column but have a half way between medium and large for the lists, please.

enlarge the font of the folders column but have a half way between medium and large for the lists, please.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it easier to scroll down through inbox - it used to be much easier

Make it easier to scroll down the inbox, rather than jumping down. and frequently the scroll down bar just disappears.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I wish I could do searches for e-mails like I can in the windows version

Let me right click on an e-mail and do a find all e-mails associated with the one I right clicked on.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve Conversation View

It would go a long way when showing items in a conversation in the reading pane that you can include invidual messages as well. Just like Mail.app. Imagine scanning through a conversation with 20 emails. With this feature you can select the conversation then scan all the emails on the right in the reading pane. Currently we get 1 line at a time. Here we would get every email. You can then hover over an email in the conversation and a small window would appear to reply, delete or forward that email.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Photos

When I try to add a photo outlook can't find my photos since Mac updated the photos app.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sunrise Equivalency

Since Sunrise is going away please build the same functionality in to Outlook ASAP, including multiple calendars such as Google, quick entry iOS keyboard, etc, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In the past, auto correct left proper nouns alone. This would be preferable to the current situation, where it is very difficult to quickly

Can we revert to the auto correct of the past, where proper nouns were not corrected? It is very difficult to quickly type unfamiliar names, when they are always incorrectly auto corrected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for scheduling to have fuzzy/imprecise times

Many Calendar reminders do not need to have an exact time, but rather just a time window. Example: I just need to call Mr. Jones next Friday morning; I don't need (necessarily) to call Mr. Jones at a specific time next Friday morning. These fuzzy times could be set in preferences. This would be superior to the current alternatives, which consist of (1) scheduling "Call Mr. Jones" at a specific time ("9am"), or (2) scheduling it for a time range that represents morning ("8am-11am"). Currently, with enough "fuzzy time" appointments, the schedule starts looking as if one has committed to…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the Same

I downloaded outlook for my Mac Book Pro and have been using it for a couple weeks. I primarily use Outlook on My Windows computer. Heres the problem. Its almost like two completely different programs from Apple to Windows. I like the Windows version of Outlook. Your Guys translation to Apple is borderline at best. Why not make both versions exactly the same, using the windows version as the standard.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. scroll direction

Outlook 2016 does not honor the OS X setting for 'Scroll Direction' found in System Preferences > Trackpad > Scroll & Zoom > Scroll Direction: Natural

I have Scroll Direction: Natural enabled (checked) in my preferences but Outlook does no honor this, instead scrolling in the opposite direction. I consider this a bug, not a feature request, that should be fixed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Visibility

Please Make Office 2016 for OSX more friendly for users with vision impairment and disabilities. The Bright WHITE background should be able to be changed so that users can use Outlook with out killing their eyes through out the day.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I strongly require a plug in integration from outlook to Sugar CRM. Its only available on windows

I strongly require for my business a plug in integration from Outlook to my Sugar CRM. Windows currently supports it.
    Thank your for help:)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Revise the autodiscover dialog. It states remember my settings but the dialog is

Autodiscover dialog is confusing. The remember my setting works until your remove a calendar or mailbox. So next time you open a shared calendar you will be asked to allow the autodiscover again. Very confusing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Delete email reponses linked to history. Especially when the contact email is changed.

Delete email responses linked to history. Especially when the contact email is changed. The old address still comes up as an option. This could lead to serious mistake with confidential information

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base