OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it possible to toggle mail and calender view on/off

When you have several mailaccounts it would be so nice to choose what should be shown in Outlook. Example: I have a workmail/exchangeaccount that I have added to my private Outlook along with my private mail-accounts to be able to see my (work)calender. But I do not want to see my work-mails on my private Mac. It would be fantastic to be able choose what to see.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a way to specify the default "folder" when doing Address Book searches in Outlook.

In Outlook for Windows, I can specify the default folder/source to use when searching the Address Book for a contact. The Mac seems to be missing this feature. When I open the Address Book (either directly or clicking the icon when composing a message), I am always taken to the company directory (we have Microsoft 365 Business Premium). I would like to set the default for searches to be All Folders (which should probably be the default setting, anyway). I should be able to select any one of the folders as the default search source.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make folders useable from every account in outlook

I have 7 email address, I want to file all my invoices in a single folder, I want to do the same for my bills, the same for my contracts.

At the moment I would need 7 invoice folders each month. One for each email account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make calendar feature displaying current time and day accessible for colour blind

Dear sir or madam,

I hope all is well.

I am colour blind and have a accessibility issue with the calendar. The dark section of the line with a small circle indicating the current day and time is very challenging to see, particularly when I have to go into meetings upon logging on and have meetings at the same time on the preceeding / proceeding days. I am aware of several colleagues who suffer from the same issue while I am not aware if they are also colour blind. To be specific, the current indicator clashes over meetings, yet is…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search in Outlook not woŕking in MAC OS Big Sur

I'm using Outlook in my Macbook under mac OS Big Sur. The search engine in Outlook brings no results. The only one possibility is to switch to new Outlook which I don't like :(...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello, good morning! I suggest you...

Hello, good morning! I suggest you offer the capability of replacing the blue underline in hyperlinks with color options to match fonts, thank you.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. todoist

CONGRATULATIONS on your integration with ToDoist (outlook for MAC - v 16.48)
    That has tidied up one of the last integrations needed to have a great workflow - it works really well & has made a significant improvement to my efficiency/effectiveness.

A couple of slight suggestions for improvements would be:
    1/ the link from ToDoist would ideally go back to the email in the Outlook app rather than launch the web version of Outlook
    2/ ideally the email in Outlook was flagged in some way so that I could search for emails that have an outstanding action (e.g.: use the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Limit attachment storage in Outlook for Mac.

Limit attachment storage in Outlook for Mac?

I have Outlook for Mac running on my Macbook for Gmail. There is something like 38GB of attachments stored on my computer. However, these are on the Gmail cloud. My laptop regularly runs out of disk space.

I would like to have the ability to limit the amount of storage used by attachments in Outlook (perhaps only download attachments from the last 2 months, and delete from the local disk the rest).

Thanks in advance -- David

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable to choose due date for flag

When flagging an email, it should be possible to set a due date for follow up

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Localize spelling of 'Favorites' in the Sidebar for Canada/UK users

There are no options to rename the 'Favorites' folder for those of us in Canada or the UK who spell it 'Favourites'. Please add this option, thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Review compatibility between new Outlook for Mac and imap accounts.

This issue was highlighted when sent mail in new Outlook for Mac was not synced to iPhone and server.

Fixing this issue will significantly improve new performance of Outlook for Mac, and minimise loss of email data.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. correct Outlook - contacts

I am a long time pc and outlook user. I recently bought a Mac. Installed 365 office apps and added my three accounts to outlook - 1. outlook, 2. gmail, 3. iCloud. Mail works fine - but I only see contacts in my outlook account. I don't see gmail or iCloud people on Outlook. Can you fix this?

Additionally, on new outlook - Although I see all three accounts, they are three separate accounts. It would be nice to see a consolidated view of my contacts for all three accounts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I suggest you ...

Provide a means of showing which rules / sweep rules apply to a given message.

Maintaining a robust set of rules to manage high volume email accounts is difficult. Often one adds new rules that might require changes to existing rules. Today, that involves a manual search of rules and sweep settings.

Having the ability to "show applicable rules" for a given message - with links to edit individual rules shown would greatly simplify this task.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Format Painter missing from new Outlook (October 2020)

The format painter option is no longer displayed by default - you have to pop-out the mail message into a separate window. Other text edit tools are displayed (font, colour etc), but the format painter option is missing (not able to add to cutomise toolbar either).

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New Outlook: Hide sent items in conversations

Please provide the ability to hide sent items from my conversations.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Outlook Stripping Embeded link "Click to join" End up as plain text, when sending calendar invites.

According to my mailprovider Kerio (GFI) See below:

As such, a fix for this behavior depends on Microsoft. I suggest submitting a feature request directly with them to have them make the appropriate changes that would allow us to resolve it in Kerio Connect.

The primary reason for stripping embedded hyperlink content within calendar invitations comes from a limitation imposed by the RFC-5545 standard, which defines Event Descriptions with a Value Type of Text. This does not include Richtext or HTML support within the event description pane, resulting in embedded hyperlinks to be converted to simple text instead. The root
    2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Pup-up email contact

When we spend with the evening on the e-mail contact, a small pupup window opens.

It will be good to add in your pupup a small icon with "Add a new contact"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Restore On My Computer Files

For some crazy reason, Office for Mac is removing widely used features. It's like they don't understand how customers use their products. Old Word and ppt for example used to open files the way they were closed. Now you have to reformat every time you open the same file. They must be outsourcing software upgrade to save money.

Re Outlook, many people use On My Computer Folders. They allow back ups and saving of email stored on servers. Mac Mail allows unlimited folders for storing old emails. Why did Outlook remove this feature? It's another sign of incompetence.

Currently Outlook…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix Outlook so it doesn't ask me to re-enter my password every morning.

Fix Outlook so it reconnects without dialogs when my laptop VPN/web connection goes down and up. I've been working from home this entire pandemic, and every day when I wake my laptop VPN has timed out. Outlook puts up a dialog saying it can't connect and would I like to re-enter my password. Some of my colleagues fell for that and actually do re-enter their passwords, but of course that is not necessary and is just a waste of their time.

Can you imaging what it would be like if every application on my laptop put up a dialog just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make it possible to integrate custom email-accounts in the new Outlook styling

In the existing (old) Outlook Design I have a customer Account email and calendar integrated that helps me to have a good overview over my mails and appointments.
    as soon as I switch to the "new Outlook" the customer account email and calendar are not shown any more. It seems so be a bug, because all other informations are displayed right.
    Please make it possible to fetch ALL saved data like mail accounts and calendar integrations also in the new design style.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base