OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to turn OFF "Select Entire Word"

I often need to precisely select and copy text out of emails, but unlike MS Word, there does not appear to be an option in Outlook to turn off the "Select Entire Word" functionality. As a result, I have to copy chunks of text from Outlook, paste them into a text editing application and then select exactly the characters I need, or I'm forced to spend extra time deleting the extra characters from whatever application I have pasted them in. This is extremely frustrating behavior for some of us and shouldn't be forced on the users with no option to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow color coding for large blocks of time (weeks, months, quarters).

Allow color coding for large blocks of time (weeks, months, quarters). Color coding events is great, but it would be super helpful to be able to color code large blocks of time. Project based scheduling would benefit from this feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please do enable Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin under MacOS Catalina

Please do enable Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin in MS Outlook for Mac under the latest version of MacOS Catalina.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Warn before sending an email if someone already replied in the same thread

If a long Email thread with many people is going on, people sometimes don't notice that there was already a reply and they respond to an older email. Often times causing confusion. Outlook could warn the user before sending an email to a thread if someone already replied in the same conversation.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Strongly suggest having the email search feature just above the email preview panel, as it does for Windows. Otherwise it is inconvenient.

Please include the email search feature for all emails just above the preview pane rather than top right of the screen. It's in an inconvenient spot for Mac.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I suggest you let me decide how many hours I want visible in Calendar view

The vertical/hour view sticks to 8 hours. But I want more hours shown besides the typical "working hours". Look at Apple's Calendar, where the user can decide how many hours are shown.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Limit "Overdue" alerts lookback

When Outlook starts working with a new calendar, it slowly pulls all the events that were ever recorded in the calendar. Obviously, they are very very very long overdue. For instance, I get alerts from 2011. This goes on for weeks if not months of popups asking me to dismiss more and more alerts.

Proposal: have a configuration option to ignore events that are older than a certain threshold. By default, it should be, IMO, not more than a year and better immediate.

Note: since once I have dismissed all the wrong alerts (which, again, takes a lot of time),…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Do not nag me about out of office notifications when I have specific dates set

When I set an auto respond out of office email, I always use the option to send them between a specific set of times. It is currently the Thanksgiving holiday and I took the week off, so I had it set from Friday @5PM before Thanksgiving till Monday @ 6AM after Thanksgiving. Every day it has put up a dialog asking me if I want to turn out of office notifications off. Obviously I don't since I set an end date. It also locks Outlook so you can't do anything, read an email, whatever, until you respond to that nag…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Not roll out the New Outlook until its fit for purpose.

Pro: Search works properly - where old version relys on spotlight which is very flaky in Outlook.

Cons - Everything else. No Shared mailboxes, No IMAP, No Shared Calendars.

Ok if your a home user - but for a business user its a major step backwards. Seriously thinking of dumping Outlook altogether in preference for MAC Mail or Thunderbird.

Common guys - your better than this!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Outlook for Mac should respect system audio output device setting

All notification sounds from Outlook for Mac are played over my built-in speakers, even though my bluetooth headphones are selected as the sound output device. I would expect Outlook for Mac to respect this setting and play all sounds over the selected system output device.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow spam to be forwarded

If I get phishing emails that I want to report I can't forward them on unless I mark them as 'Not Spam' - this seems crazy. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please stop asking me to stop asking me to update time settings

Outlook continually asks me to update my Location Settings (EST).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove disabling of links in junk mail

A recent feature was introduced to Outlook that disables links sent to the junk mail folder, with a pop up saying emails must be moved to the inbox to enable the links to work. I use the junk mail folder to sort emails I want in my inbox from advertising material in my junk mail. I don't want advertising in my inbox but I still want access to the emails and their links. Please reverse this or provide an option to opt out of this. Its very annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Missing Email Accounts in new Outlook Mac mode

When migrating from old Outlook to "new"outlook I've lost 2 of my email accounts connected to outlook. I assume this is a bug, but can't work out how to raise it. Ended up moving back to "old" mode to get them back again..
    Needs fixing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deadlines function for calendar

Introduce a deadlines function for calendars to help users keep track of upcoming tasks. The "Meetings" function is not useful for this. A large number of academic institutions in the UK use Outlook. Students need visibility of deadlines.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. For the love of God, can you change the default key mappings so "Apple-Return" doesn't send?

For the love of God, can you change the default key mappings so "Apple-Return" doesn't send? "Apple-V-Return" sends a partial message every time I'm trying to paste something into a message and add a line break, but miss the "V" key.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I can flag, but I can't checkmark emails after; it's not an option w/ a imap email configuration - please make it available

The an imap email configuration, please make available to iMac users the option to checkmark their flagged emails as completed. Please also make available to iMac users the option to categorize using colors their calendared items. It's greyed out an not an option when email is configured as iMap. I would love to Microsoft Exchange to allow these things, but I would have to change my business cards and inform ALL my contacts.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base