OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I think it would be great if you allowed for users (including Mac users) the ability to change the TITLE/Subject of meetings sent by others.

I think it would be great if you allowed for users (including Mac users) the ability to change the TITLE/Subject of meetings sent by others. It's very annoying when someone sends me a meeting, and I cannot control the title of the meeting to my preferences on MY SCHEDULE. Say my name is Brandy, and somebody sends me an invite titled "Brandy and Susie for Lunch", at a glance it looks like I'm having a meeting with myself and can't change it.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the calendar

When I try to click on a meeting in my calendar to see what it is sometimes the meeting will be slightly adjusted without any kind of confirmation. Obviously, this is an extremely poor user experience. How about you just limit the ability to instantly change important meetings to the meetings detail page?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable to choose due date for flag

When flagging an email, it should be possible to set a due date for follow up

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. focus time

When scheduling "focus time" in calendar, Cortana should allow me to schedule this time in a different color, so it is easy for me to see where I have "mental breaks" in the day or when I will be able to do my follow-up tasks from my meetings in the day.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Highly innovative and maybe a bit over the top: remember window position in Outlook

What, some hypothetical question, if Outlook for MacOS X could remember the last size and position of the main window and not reset to "default" after every launch?

I know, giving users the freedom to place a window of an application anywhere on the screen and also adjust the size, might be very controversial for a company like Microsoft.

So, just an idea. Excuse me for rattling some corporate decision making and I know that users can be very demanding by adjusting silly things like windows sizes, fonts, and colors.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please can I have access to my family calendar on Outlook desktop for Mac OSX? Thanks.

My family calendar is a main part of my reason for using Outlook for Mac and exchange. I looks like the family calendar has disappeared and all birthdays linked to it have gone. This is a disaster for me and may require that I use Mac apps instead of Outlook in future. I hope this strange decision will be reversed soon. Sincerely, RMG.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Folder carbon copy (FCC)

Currently, all of my replies are stored in the 'Sent' folder by default, but I'd really like to be able to specify which folder to store a reply into. In other email clients, this is known as "folder carbon copy" (FCC). Would be really great if you could add this functionality to Outlook.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Changing the blue hyperlink color...

Hello, good morning! I suggest you offer the capability of replacing the blue underline in hyperlinks with color options to match fonts, thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello, good morning! I suggest you...

Hello, good morning! I suggest you offer the capability of replacing the blue underline in hyperlinks with color options to match fonts, thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I suggest you made equivalent functionnalities pc/mac.

Same level options, we pay same price than PC users! For example, we cannot add buttons or edit the tool bar. On top of having less software for 365 in general. Make Mac versions equivalents or charge less.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatically moving sent emails to the folder they are replied from

I REALLY miss outlook's ability to automatically organize sent mail to the folder the original message was replied from. This was one of my most used features and requires constant upkeep now.

Please please please bring this feature back.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an UNDO button for .ics file imports

When you import a .ics file and merge the events with your main calendar, the ONLY way to reverse your changes is to manualy delete EVERY single event that was added. Please add an undo functionality for .ics imports.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Restore the ability to remove photos

The ability to remove photos from emails on the Mac Outlook app was a feature until just recently, and has now been removed. This is a major regression for people in creative industries, and makes Outlook nearly unusable as an email client.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Teams add-in Username format authentication

Hi there, I want the Teams add-in for Outlook for Mac to function with a username format authentication. Since our company doesn't allow authentication with an email address, the Teams add-in for Outlook doesn't work.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Best tool to recover your Exchange database

The help of a tool to recover your Exchange database is to let you recover all the Exchange database information like mails, journals, tasks, notes, calendar, contacts etc... It must also ensure that all email properties such as cc, bcc, subject, time etc should be recovered without fail.
    This is where a tried and tested Exchange Recovery tool like Enstella can come to your aid. Download and install the free trial version of Enstella to test out all the features that it has to offer for you. The free demo version allows for export of upto 25 items per folder/…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. red letter days

make red letter days availible to outlook Mac

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the "New" version, please restore the "Clear all filters" keyboard shortcut. I use this all the time.

In the "New" version, please restore the "Clear all filters" keyboard shortcut. I use this all the time. The "Chat" support said to "click" on the filter again, which is stupid. Keys are fast, mouses are not. I remap all the filters to X-Keys using Keyboard Maestro, and without a "Clear all filters", it is impossible to have a hard key that will "Show all messages". I can't switch to the "new" version until this is resolved. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Outlook steals focus

Outlook is very greedy with focus. Whenever you dismiss or "snooze" a reminder it brings Outlook into the foreground even if you were not using outlook at the time the reminder modal pops up.

This makes the reminders popup not very useful. Every time I get a reminder and dismiss it, Outlook decides to bring my emails and outlook windows into the foreground, which I then have to close to get back to what I was doing (and what the reminder was for in the first place).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base