OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar: Set up a feature so 'Allow Forwarding' can be turned off by default.

Calendar: Set up a feature so 'Allow Forwarding' can be turned off by default. Accidental forwarding has already caused a data breach for us.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Confirm send alert toggle when using Cmd + Ret shortcut (like Windows has)

As on Windows when using the Send Shortcut - an option somewhere to select whether or not to display a message to confirm before sending.

Some users will still turn it off and that's fine but some of us find it handy as a reminder - sometimes that shortcut can become very automatic :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop sync old emails

Stop sync old emails

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Back-up Rules on Mac

please update outlook for Mac to backup "message rules" and all outlook files ... what a mission to setup a new Mac :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When clicking 'Send to OneNote' button, bring up the notebooks in the same account as you used to sign in to OneNote

A recent release of Office removed functionality that was present in previous versions, and I would like to see that functionality reinstated please.
    When clicking the 'Send to OneNote' button in Mail, Outlook now brings up the list of Notebooks that are in the same account as the message which you have currently got selected. Until a month or so ago it used to bring up the list of notebooks that were in the account that you had used to sign in to OneNote. The Windows version has not had this functionality removed by the way.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove Sender from Reply-All to a Group the Sender belongs to

When replying-all to an email where the To or CC contains a group that you belong to, you received the email as well. There should be a (preferably server/account-side) option to automatically filter the individual from the email sent, as they are the ones who sent it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow differant colours to be used for mail subfolders, so that we can identify all the sub/sub folders in the subfolder root

allow differant colours to be used for mail subfolders, so that we can identify all the sub/sub folders in the subfolder root.
    I run two companies, etc with a root folder and multiple subfolders to each root (parent) such as Finance, Admin, production, Sales, etc (wih sub/sub folders of each sub folder: such as in accounts; costings, banks, finance etc). What i woudl like is for the folders of each company (root folder, subfolders and sub/sub folder) to be in different colours - so they can be easier identofed for filling emails from inbox/sengt into these folders

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. in outlook mobile app there is a button/tab for calendar however I understand from MS there is a limitation for calendars.. what's the point

in outlook mobile app there is a button/tab for calendar however I understand from MS there is a limitation for calendars.. what's the point n having a feature but not useful.. ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create new follow up meeting

Once a meeting is complete and a goal has not been achieved, people have a habit of moving a meeting to a new time slot instead of creating a new follow up meeting losing all history of the previous meetings.

A quick click "Create follow up meeting" would make keeping history of meetings in place and quickly find the right time slot to follow up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Shard Task Outlook for Mac (365)

I suggest enabling shared tasked in outlook for Mac. I do not understand why outlook is not uniform between the PC and Mac platforms.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Signatures: When I use Savoye LET font in my customized signatures the Savoye LET font defaults to Arial in the emails I send,

Signatures: When I use Savoye LET font in my customized signatures the Savoye LET font defaults to Arial in the emails I send,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. View full email addresses in To line of email

When composing a message when I add people to the To: or CC: lines they show up as "friendly" names. I can't find any way to view the explicit email address that this will go to. This causes multiple frustrations and misdirected emails, as some mailing lists show up as people's names and some people have multiple email addresses that I want to be able to choose between.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add icloud email support back to Outlook for mac

In the earlier versions of the new outlook for mac it supported icloud email just fine and then it was completely dropped. Please add support back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. when you forward an email it would ask if you want to include the original people included as this allows you to include attachments.

when you are sent an email with an attached you often want to respond with document attached to those mentioned in the email, instead of having to forward and then add the recipients again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add the account information on drag/drop copy from IMAP view to local folder

There are several suggestion about drag/drop functionality. Mine is simply to include the "account" information (account name) when you drag/drop an email from an IMAP view to a local folder, so the local copy has the account info as to which account the email belongs to. Currently it is just blank on the copied message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable the ability to "Do Not Forward" to model Windows version.

Windows currently has this functionality where you can make an email where it cannot be forwarded. On Mac it cannot. Reccomend this to model the Windows Version.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Organise by Conversations Option Sticky

Make the organise by conversations option sticky so that the option doesn't reset after sorting by name etc

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make the ribbon editable. When adding a new add on, the Ribbon squishes commands into a drop down menu, and it becomes clunky.

The ribbon needs to be editable so that common commands don't get pushed into sub menus.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the Flag for Recipients option into the Outlook for Mac

It would be great if Outlook for Mac would have the Flag for Recipients option to set reminder for recipients like Outlook for Windows does by selecting Message > Tags > Follow Up > Custom > Flag for Recipients on the new message.
    Outlook for Mac has the Flag for Me option but it does not have the Flag for Recipients option.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base