OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option to enable/disable Favorites from Preferences > General >Sidebar

Also the star to add a folder to Favorites overlaps with the folder message count.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be Able to Change Categorie of 1 or more Occurances without affecting series or be able to mark an occurance Complete

Be Able to Change Category of 1 or more Occurrence without affecting series or be able to mark an occurrence Complete

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Find a way to preserve the Date Sent data when importing .PST files into Outlook for Mac

I regularly archive old email from my Exchange account to a .PST on a Windows computer. Occasionally, I import that .PST into my Outlook on Mac. Unfortunately, the Date Sent to the timestamp of the import. It's problematic when one needs to preserve the real sent date information for documentation. Can this be fixed since it seems to have been a problem for years?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add color coding of messages in the conversation list based on attached label.

Mac OS X Outlook Client: please add coloring according to label to the list of conversations. I have to open each message to see that little icon. I need a more visible indicator of labels. Color is perfect, just as in the Windows client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add more integration between outlook and word so that you can easily make an e-mail like a word

Add more customization to sorting mail in general. Enable to sort by date, by from, and by attachment. Allow up to 6 or 8 possible sort options which can be used by ranking them and of course just by that type. Also the toolbar really needs to be added to like you can do in word.
    Thank you,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. tell me how to input a message from this field. I write here, and then can't do anything with it. Cannot input it!! Duh

I got a message on my Apple Air that I should rebuild the database on my OUTLOOK. So I did, and I lost ALL my emails over years.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why take away convenience or SECURITY features with updates? E.g., hover over mail to see sender; get contact, not "presence unknown".

Reduce space taken up by everything that isn't the body of the mail. Compare to Entourage 10 years ago. Now body only has only about 1/3 of area of inbox window, and there is a lot of white space, and much too big icons.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have Outlook for Mac Version 15.36 (170702) I’d would like to see the last pane folder highlighted when I proceed to drag emails from my i

I’d would like to see the left pane folder highlighted when I proceed to drag emails from my inbox to my folders. I believe earlier versions of Outlook behaved like this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Resolve the Undo problem when deleting mail from list or reading panel.

The Undo buffer does not include mails deleted using the trash can on a reading pane.

Try this yourselves… 1. Have a half-dozen e-mails 2. Select the 5th e-mail and open it. 3. Close the reading window and press the backspace key to delete it. 4. Use Cmd-Z to undo the delete (all works fine). 5. Delete it again. 6. Open a different e-mail in a separate window, and click the trash can to delete it (which returns you to the list). 7. Type Cmd-Z to undo that delete and voila, you have the original delete un-done, not the delete…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Easy" button for Windows-like short cuts

I'm sure the default short-cuts in Mac Outlook are great for Mac users.

For those of us that switch between Windows and Mac Outlook often it would be great to have an easy way to configure short-cuts (maybe the top 50 used short cuts?) in Mac Outlook at match Windows Outlook.
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create read/write permissions for Microsoft Groups to manage them better.

The microsoft groups feature is great, but could use a lot more management. We would like to be able to disallow people from leaving a group as well as manage read vs read/write access to groups.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Optimize the compose window for keyboard-only

It used to take 'only' 3 tabs to get from 'From' to the email body in the compose window. Now it takes 5, which adds friction every day, for every new email.

Can you please roll back to 3 tabs only, or provide a more efficient shortcut?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The color of the default calendar of an google account

Now I am happy cause Outlook finally got the function to sync with google accounts.
    The new function of Outlook to sync with google account basically working fine, but the color of the default calendar of an google account does not reflects on Outlook.

I sugest Outlook should have some choice to adjust this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Outlook should go offline automatically if there is no Internet connection at all

If there is no Internet connection at all (i.e. no WiFi connection), Outlook generates errors every time it tries to send email. Ultimately, I have to spend time clearing these error messages when I'm already well-aware that I have no WiFi.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix outlook for Mac

I cant send emails in Greek. Automatically the encoding is turning the text into question marks.
    I have to change the encoding into unicode utf - 8 every time i write an email, in order to have a readable text.
    I changed into composing settings the encoding to utf - 8 but it does not stay. It is set in automatic no matter what i do...
    Please fix it, i do want to keep using the app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)