OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

Outlook for Mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Eliminate (or have option to eliminate) new "Archive" folder feature in Folder pane

Eliminate (or have option to eliminate) new "Archive" folder feature in Folder pane in Outlook 15.21.1

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to Disable Dock Notification Envelope

I disabled all notifications and unchecked “Badge app icon”, but the outlook icon still changes to show new email.

This is a defect (NOT an enhancement) violates Apple’s rules about notifications.

What is the plan to resolve this defect?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. full

I receive this message too often: hard disk full mail outlook 365 mac 150mb full error message

and my outlook shuts down.
    My laptop is not full , so could you help

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow users to approve or block from Outlook for MAc

In order to prevent emails from going in your junk folder you have to go into Outlook 365 and add it to the allow list. Why can't you do this from inside the Outlook for Mac client?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow deleting of attachments using the 'Delete' button

I can no longer delete an attachment to an outing email that I'm editing by using the Delete button on the keyboard. If I position the cursor in front of the attachment I can use the forward delete button but if the cursor is after the attachment I can't use the standard Delete button. This changed from Outlook 2011 to 2016.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enhance Category Feature by inheritance/autoset

Make Categories/Labels more professional (convenient) by being able to inherit labels from/to an email thread, sent mails, etc.
    In this way there would be no need to place emails insubfolders for sorting, instead you could work with labels/categories to sort, categorize and search in a modern way!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Follow OS Setting When Double Clicking Title Bar

In OS X, there is a setting under System Preferences -> Dock labeled "Double-click a window's title bar to:". The options are minimize and zoom. Whenever you double click the title bar on Office 2016, it always minimizes the screen instead of following the OS setting.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How to associate an Outlook folder with a Web page

Please add the capability of changing the properties of a sub folder to point it to a web page. This function exists within the Windows version and it allows us to use a sub folder as a pointer to our online Symantec email vault.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable Inbox to gather incoming emails from all accounts in one place

Enable Inbox to gather incoming emails from all accounts in one place

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I can't change Fonts within Note tab!

When working in a Contact's NOTE Tab: I right click for Fonts and Font Screen does NOT appear.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. make it easier to figure out how to create labels from contacts

HELP! There is no easy way to figure out how to run Avery 5160 or any other type of labels from the contacts list. I want to print labels for holiday cards and can't figure out why.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove signature images from attachment list when printing email

When printing out an email, fix the way signature images are (incorrectly) included in the list of attached files.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide a way to migrate back to Outlook for Windows! With Office 2011 it was finally possible to go from Win to Mac, how can I go back?

The only reason I am using a Mac today is that with Mac Office 2011, MS provided a simple way to export Outlook pst files to Mac Outlook 2011. Unfortunately I hate the Office experience on the Mac and would love to go back to a Windows computer and MS Office for Windows. However MS does not support migrating back from Mac Outlook to Win Outlook. Please provide the ability to go back to Windows Outlook.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Offline Folder to Archive, Organize and Access my webmail locally

Offline Folder to Archive, Organize and Access my webmail locally. This keeps the Webmail slim, and I could search older messages local and offline.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. iOS-like standalone, lightweight app

I would happily pay €10-20 for a lightweight, standalone Outlook Mac app, similar to the apps on iOS.

Standard Outlook is super heavy, clunky and has about a million features I never use. The iOS app has been a revelation and I would love to see something similar on the Mac.

Ideally this would come free to 365 subscribers, but even as a subscriber I think I'd happily pay for a really good, clean app.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. autodiscover

Outlook 2010 and 2013 for Windows allow whitelisting of redirected autodiscover servers, which will prevent users from being presented with an "Outlook was redirected to the server <server fqdn> to get new settings for your account..." warning. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2480582 An equivalent function in Office 2016 for Mac would be very useful. Personally I would expect to see the list stored in the user's Outlook preferences .plist.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow dragging of emails to current categories to attach a category to the email

I want to be able to drag emails into a category (like I can with my pc) in order to flag the category. This is much easier than right clicking to assign the category.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove selected individuals from a meeting invite, when invited as part of a contact group

Remove selected individuals from a meeting invite, when invited as part of a contact group.

Scenario: Mary and Lisa are both members of a Contact Group called 'Company XYZ Organization A Members'. Both are transitioning from their current teams, which are part of Organization A, to new teams at the same company, which are part of Organization B. The Admin for Organization A, Kate, recently sent an internal meeting invite to the Contact Group 'Company XYZ Organization A Members' and was later asked to remove Mary and Lisa from the meeting invite. Since this functionality is not currently supported in…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The option "Capitalise first letter of sentences" when active send the second character in between the signature. This is a bug

The option "Capitalise first letter of sentences" when active send the second character in between the signature line which happened to be on the next line. This seems to be a bug in Outlook 2016 for Mac. Please fix it as soon as possible. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable "Save As" function to file complete emails to folders on computer

For users that are switching from PC to Mac, or are simply in the habit of creating an off-line archive of important emails, this is truly essential.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base