OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Creation of new items by draging them onto the Calendar, Task View Icon - as it exists in Windows version.

Creation of new items by draging them onto the Calendar, Task View Icon - as it exists in Windows version.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I suggest you give an option to upload picture in your own outlook profile. A face is always better thank just name

I suggest you give an option to upload picture in your own outlook profile. A face is always better than just name

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add groups for email accounts. For example personal and Business, I hav esec=ven accounts in outlook 5 are personal and 2 are

Add groups for email accounts. For example Client, Personal, Social and Business, I have seven accounts in outlook 4 are personal, 1 is a client and 2 are business, yet my inbox view shows all email from all accounts and I often delete emails as I am doing the normal morning spam delete. Also it would make finding and saving emails more efficient.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Quit telling me I have to open/read the first unopened email on the list.

If I leave an unopened email on the top of the list, whenever I try to open one further down it doesn't open and instead of seeing the email I get a message box that states I need to go to the first new email. QUIT IT I DON'T ALWAYS WANT TO READ THAT ONE FIRST! (yes caps was intentional!) This hinders me from opening and reading emails that I deem are more important, and what email to read first is MY decision NOT yours!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Animated GIF support

IT would be great to support sending animated GIFs in the email.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow updates to be sent to emails in the same way as can be done for meetings

Allow updates to be sent to emails in the same way as can be done for meetings. As an alternative to creating unnecessarily long email chains – introduce a feature where extra content can be added to mails previously sent and shown as such in the original mail along with it being remarked as unread.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Re-add scripting functionality to set font type and size

Since the new formatting changes in 15.22 there is no longer an ability to script the font type and/or size in Outlook. It was previously possible via Applescript. Can some similar functionality be added again? It would be helpful for those of us that need to conform to Style Guides

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. flag folders with flagged messages

Entourage had a feature which allowed you to easily find messages in mail subfolders that had been flagged. Any folder with a flagged message displayed a flag indicator. Lacking the more integrated "My Day" feature (like Windows) which has already been suggested, this would help keep attention on messages flagged for followup.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. sort

The thing I miss most about Outlook for Windows is that when I search for a person's name, it sorts the emails by first in not last in. When I search for a name, I'm looking for an email from a person - and I need the current one, not an old one.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide the A-Z options for positioning in contacts like the windows version has

Outlook for Windows has the letters A-Z that you can click on to quickly navigate to your contacts. Provide this same ability in the Mac version.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make it possible to print emails with the list of attachments on the printed version

Make it possible to print emails with the list of attachments on the printed version

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. picture

How is it possible to reduce the size of a picture?
    If you put a jpeg into Mac Mail you can say "small, middle, big or original size"

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the "Move" File/Folder more congruent like Apple Mail... the "Copy/Move" feature is the main thing holding me back form moving to Outlo

Please make the "Move" File/Folder more congruent like Apple Mail, it just isn't dynamic for filing email... the "Copy/Move" feature is the main thing holding me back from moving to Outlook as my primary email client at work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Put back the ability to remove an attachment from a mail, not only by editing the message

Put back the ability to remove an attachment from a mail, not only by editing the message

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The language autodetection in office for Mac has stopped working after upgrade to 15.22. Please re enable this feature

The language autodetection in office for Mac has stopped working after upgrade to 15.22. Please re enable this feature

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make it MUCH easier to add a vcf to an email to forward contacts to others.

Make it MUCH easier to add a vcf/vCard to an email in order to forward contacts to a colleague. Now I have to individually find the contact, forward it, grab the attached vcf, and add it to my email of vcfs to my colleague. Really clumsy.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatically add signature when new email is started from external link (e.g. mailto)

Automatically add signature when new email is started from external link (e.g. mailto)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. WTF Microsoft you disabled the Zoom Plug-in in your latest update? I suggest you put that back in real quick.

There is a plug-in for Zoom, that worked until you last update. Darn it, I look guys every other of your releases is **** in some way. Heard for QUALITY CONTROL? I guess NOT.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add the "Share my Calendar" feature in the Desktop client. It is available in the OWA

Add the "Share my Calendar" feature in the Desktop client. It is available in the OWA

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add search back in to Contact Notes. This disappeared around v15.20, I'm not sure why!

Add search back in to Contact Notes.
    This disappeared around v15.20, I'm not sure why!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base