OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook APP encoding auto detect & adapt for mail subject

Mails sent by linux sendmail command with default parameters, the default encoding for mail subject is ISO8859-1 not UTF-8, thus Outlook can't handle it and shows a mess. Other mail client don't have this issue, e.g. Foxmail, Mac Mail.app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. RESTORE BEING ABLE TO MOVE FOLDERS FROM OUTLOOK TO DESKTOP !!!

Since 2009 we have been dragging monthly folders of emails from outlook to the desktop and storing them in this way (we sometimes need to go back 5 years and bring the folder back into our emails)

in version 15.36 you have stopped us being able to do this ? why ?

we can still drag an individual email from outlook for mac to the desktop, but not a folder full of emails.

please can you restore this ?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Better Team-Working

It would be very helpful if finally it would also be possible to assign tasks for team members from Outlook for Mac. It would also be desirable to distribute tasks to teams.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I suggest to improve the preview pane showing more messages and more lines of a selected message

I think that it is possible to increase the utility of the preview pane, reducing the line spacing between all the messages and reducing the lines in the space dedicated to show the object, the sender and the date. there is a lot of white space that I think should be eliminated. I also think that the large coloured disc with the initials of the sender really is good for nothing and requires apace that can be used in a better way

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I suggest you to include the possibility to postpone the sending of an e-mail also using POP and not only Exchange.

this function became recently available for exchange. please include it also for POP accounts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it possible to “lock” the panel on the left hand side of calendar window to be able to see 2-3 months at once and not the checklist.

Hi - Is there a way to “lock” the panel on the left hand side of the calendar window? I would like to be able to see 2-3 months at a time, but it always wants to show me the calendars check box list - which I literally never use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reply All shouldn't include own email address

Recently, Reply All seems to include my own email address. I believe this is a fairly recent "feature" as I don't recall noticing this before.

This behavior is not desired, so now I have to do the additional step of removing myself from the To: list. Otherwise I'm being flooded with emails that should really just live in my Sent folder, not my Inbox.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sidebar View By Folder Type

Please add back the ability to group account folders by folder types. For example, the inbox for all accounts are listed together, as would be the trash, junk, sent folders. This was a standard option in Outlook for Mac and suddenly as of July 2017 this option has ben removed. With 4 email accounts I have to scroll forever to check all of my inboxes and junk folders.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When an calendar alert is showed, if it is ignored, avoid to change the focus.

When an calendar alert is showed, if it is ignored, avoid to change the focus

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I suggest you show the list of email recipients when clicking on the "<N> more" field in the recipient list

Looks like a recent change to Office 365 for Mac now does not expand the list of email recipients on the "To" or "CC" line when clicking on the field that specifies the number of other recipients. The only way I can see this now is if I click to do a "Reply All". Not the best work flow if all I want to see is who an email was sent to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please bring back

Please bring back the option in Outlook for Mac 2016 to Group similar folders, such as Inboxes, from different accounts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide the feature for tracking optinos for this version of outlook 15.37 (170720)

As with Outlook for Windows, adding tracking options for Outlook for Mac

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A way to see a list of attachments to be able to delete them to make room in your inbox

Have a list of attachments in your inbox. Then have the ability to delete them w/o having to browse through each email

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ability to turn off the calendar event header which is added to the top of the email.

This automatic header, e.g. for flight confirmation emails it shows the flight number and the departure/return date and time and the ability to check-in for the flight. Well it takes up most of the reading pane and the actual message is in a small vertical scrolling section at the bottom. I need to be able to turn this header off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Iphone Mail Flag Sync

When I flag an email on iphone Mail (not Outlook -- my company doesn't allow Outlook mobile), the flag doesn't migrate back to Outlook desktop. Can this be fixed? Note we also use Mobile Iron. Not sure if that plays into this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please alloc conatcts be synced to People in Mac Outlook

Hi,

I have become part of Insider Fast. This should have allowed me to sync my contacts from my email id {backed by Google} and it should have appeared in my Outlook for Apple Mac. However this is not happening.

How do it do it. I have followed all steps as per the below link

https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2017/03/01/outlook-2016-for-mac-adds-support-for-google-calendar-and-contacts/

Kindly help . Its frustrating to not see the contacts in the address book and be able to use them

Please xtend this to Volume licensing users just as you may have extended it to Office 365 users. Why differentiate if they all of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base