OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

Outlook for Mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. classification

Please provide for a custom message classification capability similar to what is provided in Outlook for Windows. In addition, please include the ability to customize the message classification banner and text such as applying different colors of the banner and/or text content and applying different text font so that it is more prominent and noticeable by the email user.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Whenever I reply the "From/Date/To/Subject" from the email received are a large font

Whenever I reply to an email the "From/Date/To/Subject" from the email received below my reply are a large font set at Calibri 16pt. I find it irritating because my email font is smaller at 13pt. It really stands out and that's undesirable. I'm not able to control this font size in Preferences and I should be able to, and it should conform to my font settings there. (or give me a way to set that as well in Preferences)

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Right-click an account's name in Left Sidebar to toggle online/offline/reconnect etc.

Right-click an account's name in Left Sidebar to toggle online/offline/reconnect etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. save

Allow the possibility to save the email messages into files.
    There are situations where the capability of storing the email message in a file is necessary, and there isn't a straightforward approach to it.

Please create a direct option to allow such capability.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. calendar print huge

When trying to print a calendar or a subscribed public folder calendar the text in the print out is huge and not the same size as what is shown on the screen. Please fix this issue.

Can see examples here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macoutlook/outlook-calendar-print-out-appointment-text-is/0f8ff5f3-aa84-4b47-be84-a5dd7cff11c2

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The filter for unread messages actually does not work! The option is there

The option to filter for 'unread messages' does not work! The option is there and it used to work on previous versions of Outlook for iOS/Outlook for Mac. However, on Outlook 2016 for Mac nothing happens when the option is selected! So not happy about this :-(

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It concerns outlook for mac. Your recent transformation of the box for the e-mails is not a success. It was good before, it is very bad now.

for the e-mail box on PC Mac : to return on the old formulation which was net and clear. The new one is a drop and will be a decline.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add back popup menu to control magnification for Word documents. Slide control is inaccurate

Add popup menu to control magnification for Word documents. Slide control is inaccurate. Allow user to set default magnification for all documents.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. darken gridlines in calendar

Make the calendar gridlines a little darker so they are more visible. They are so light that it is difficult to see them, particularly with shared calendars.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. No matter how I add an image to a signature in Outlook for Mac 15.22 (160506), the image is duplicating upon sending.

No matter how I add an image to a signature in Outlook for Mac 15.22 (160506), the image is duplicating upon sending.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. What's New in the Help menu should show detailed improvements

What's New item in the Help menu in Outlook for Mac 2016 should load a nice description of each of the items fixed and link to detailed release notes. Currently it seems to not show anything. I notice switching to view my Calendar has become quicker and with less visual anomalies within the UI. It would be great for Outlook team to exclaim these things as they improve!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Link in emails are not working. This new outlook/hotmail has many bugs!

Links in all emails do not work! This new Hotmail/Outlook has many bugs! grr

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. typing appears in wrong place

This keeps happening where I type then go back to change a word and the typing appears in an entirely different place than where I places the cursor, sometimes even in the middle of a word!
    Also can't select type occasionally. Yesterday both my boss and I had a glitch where hitting the space bar would not preview an attachment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. calendar sync between

Currently when you add an advent to another persons calendar outside your own domain - it takes several hours to show up on the other persons calendar. For example - I put a doctor appointment on my partners calendar and he doesn't see it on his calendar until some sort of sync happens hours later.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "no response required"

Add the "No Response Required" button for when meeting updates come in. I'm pretty sure that all it does is delete the update, but Windows Outlook has trained me to press that button, so now I'm scared on Mac Outlook to just delete the update. It's silly, but causes me stress.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bring back 'sync' scheduling for mail, relying solely on 'push' notifications does not always work

Bring back 'sync' scheduling for mail, relying solely on 'push' notifications does not always work.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change the handling of email links in messages to compose new email in Outlook

In Outlook 2016, when a email contains an email address, clicking on the email address opens a Compose window in the default email application on the computer. Since the user is in Outlook when clicking on the email address, Outlook should assume that the user wants to compose the new email in Outlook

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve compatibility with El Capitan

Outlook is having a terribly hard time loading on my Mac Pro w/ El Capitan. I get the spinning wheel of death when I click on an email or scroll through any text. This seems to coincide with the times there is a pending update, but maybe that's just a coincidence. It's getting so Outlook is becoming a time eater.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. with android ok. with ubuntu ko.

I apreciate the improvements for android. But i have 2 notebooks and 1 pc running ubuntu and there the right skyscraper advertising has to load before you can do anything on outlook. It used to take long before, it is even worse now!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base