OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Permit multiple windows for inbox, calendar and people simultaneously.

I'd like to be able to have my calendar open as I survey the other Outlook windows.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove delete and archive buttons

The delete and archive buttons are inline with the message list. It is too easy to click them by accident when selecting a new message to view. I am often accidentally deleting my messages when I intended to read them. This is really frustrating. To delete a message, a user can simply either right click and select "delete" or press the delete button on the keyboard.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the Format Text tab to the ribbon

Add the Format Text tab to the ribbon like it is found on Windows when composing emails. This will allow standard styles to be more easily applied.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Unable to select tables in outlook 2016 for mac. please include this feature

Unable to select and copy tables in outlook 2016 for mac. please include this feature. single column selection option shud work

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Several identities like first outlook

The versions of Outlook in classic, had a fantastic option: to create different profiles from user in the program, what allows to create groups of accounts (personal, work,…) without mixing post office among them.
    Use four accounts of mail, when creating rules to classify it in separated folders, I end up mixing messages of all of them if I do not have much taken care of when generating the rule.
    This diminishes when using profiles.
    At the moment, I am using different clients from mail with each group of accounts, to regenerate the organized mess.
    Another option that I consider,…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mass "Delete from server"/Leave on server" toggle please

Please add the ability to Mass "Delete from server" and "Leave on server" so we don't have to hit this for each email separately. I use the "Delete from Server" feature as a control for using both iMap and POP3 on the same accounts so it's tedious to have to do this one by one on the POP3 account when I have it set to delete the emails from the server when I delete them in my POP3 account setup in Outlook. Would just save me headaches and time to say the least. Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. delete any incorrect or unwanted autocomplete addresses

Some (but not all) autocomplete address cannot be removed. It seems

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please put back the "script" function to set email as a Task

The "script" function in Outlook for Mac pre 15, allowed to set an email as a Task, so you can edit it and not just set a reminder. Can you put this back? Very useful.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. One Outlook regardless of OS platform

End the tiresome attempt to make 2016 Outlook for Mac different than the 2016 Outlook for Windows. The vast majority of outlook users come from the windows PC environment and having to use Outlook on a Mac is too different and seems dumbed down. There wouldn't be so many posts from users requesting features that are common the Windows counterpart, if this wasn't the case. The two versions already look similar, so now let make them the same. So please, let there be One Outlook regardless of OS it's used on. Please.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add email thread manual connection

Sometimes I am away from my computer and I used a browser to access my email. When I reply to an email its shown in my browser, but after downloading to Outlook for Mac this information is lost. I would like Outlook for Mac to allow me to manually connect all messages in a thread.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. stop trying to verify my subscription on startup

I have paid in advance for one year. So why does Microsoft need to verify my subscription every time I start up outlook from a fresh reboot? If I am offline, I get a pop-up explaining that outlook could not verify my subscription. one of the options is 'remind me later, in which everything continues to work anyway. What is the point in this rubbish message? Get rid of it!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Additional line for addresses should appear in the contact card

When entering someones address you should allow for a second and third line for things like a suite, apartment or office (the same way you do in Outlook for Windows).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I suggest that notification e.g. number of new messages will be reflected on the folders even if collapsed

I suggest that notification e.g. number of new messages will be reflected on the folders even if collapsed

notifications e.g. new messages @ collapsed child folders shall be reflected @ mother folder

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Drag and drop emails into different catagories

The ability to change the category by dragging and dropping a mail into a new category group (when the mail list is grouped by Categories), rather than having to go to edit category (for each mail) then remove the existing category and then add the new category.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reinstate Auto text/ Quick Parts in Outlook 2016. Critical for things like conference call #s etc. Shouldn't have been removed!

Critical for things like conference call #s, meeting invite details. etc. Shouldn't have been removed in the first place!

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. allow cal config w/o email...

Would be nice to be able to configure an account for calendar but not for mail (and vise versa) i.e. see gmail appointments in outlook calendar w/o downloading headers.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stop the autosave notification when typing an email. It pops up way too often.

Stop the autosave notification that pops up while composing an email. I like the autosave feature - its just doesn't need to tell me about it every 15 seconds.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Contact Adjustments

In contacts, be able to see when you last contacted that person. And be able to quick edit contacts in the list view without having to open the whole card. Rename the sections that underline contacts.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base