OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MERGE CONTACT AND NOTES TAB IN PEOPLE

HOW MANY YEARS IS IT GOING TO BE BEFORE THE CONTACT SHEET IS SIMILAR TO WINDOWS. THE NOTES TAB SHOULD BE ON THE CONTACT TAB IN PEOPLE (FOR EACH CONTACT). I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SWITCH BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN TABS JUST TO ENTER INFORMATION. PLEASE FINALLY UPDATE OUTLOOK AND MAKE IT BEHAVE LIKE THE WINDOWS VERSION. I PAY YOU MORONS EACH YEAR FOR YOUR ****** SOFTWARE AND YOU MAKE NO REAL UPDATES TO THE SOFTWARE WHATSOEVER.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove favorites button from hover-over for folders

The new "Favorites" star that shows up when I hover on a folder in Outlook is really bad. I keep accidentally adding folders to my favorites when I click on my number of unread messages in a folder.

Nobody adds / removes folders from favorites frequently enough to need it in the folder list.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Revert change to remove "grouping like folders together"

reinstate the ability to group like folders together such as the server "Inbox" and the "Inbox" under "On My Computer". I really enjoyed having both "Sent", "Trash", "Drafts", etc sitting right next to each other.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Right click to create new subfolder

Right click create new subfolder (New Folder) in list of folders that have synced with Gmail. I have accessed the Insider fast program and sync'd my gmail account with the MS Cloud - brilliant as it gives me access to my calendar but now i am unable to create new subfolders directly in Outlook for Mac. The only way to have a new subfolder appear is to delete my account from Outlook, go to GMAIL.com, create new label (subfolder), the re-create my gmail account in outlook which then syncs all my subfolders including the new one i created. This function…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. when mail to clutter inbox comes, no chime needed

no need to alert me with clutter mails

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add attachment icons so it easy to see at a glance what kind of attachments are in an email

More often than not, there are many emails that show the attachment icon when its just a signature image or something that is not important. This means when looking for important attachments from a client, you have to go through each email and select the email, only then can you see if there is a PDF, or doc etc. attached. I think there should be clear icons to represent what document or file is attached to an email next to the current paperclip icon.

This way you could see at a glance from 20 emails from a client, the one…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have the ability to increase or decrease the brightness of the itemlist

Before today’s Outlook update, when I received a new email, the folder in my inbox would turn bold and the number for the number of new emails was darker and bolder. It is much harder to see now when I get a new email. I cannot find anywhere to adjust this. It would be nice to be able to control the boldness of the number of items in a specific folder in Outlook. It does not catch my eye anymore.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow consolidated views of other than default folders

The "All Accounts" view is nice, with "Inbox", "Sent", "Trash", and "Drafts", but I would like the ability to add other folders. First and foremost, the "Junk" folder used to have a consolidated view right up until the July update. I have to review the contents periodically as I have found important emails in the junk folders.

I also have a folder called "Newsletters" in all my accounts. The contents are based on inbound email processing rules and it would be great if I could create a single "Newsletters" under "All Accounts".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Highlight target folder when moving items.

Starting in version 15.36, it is difficult to see that the target folder is selected when moving items.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Rename attached files before saving in the computer.

If we have the option the change the attached file name before saving it why it does not work? Worse than that, there is no error message when saving the renamed file, so it seems that it worked, only it didn't.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please stop forcing layout changes on users.

As a long time user of Outlook, I appreciate the time, money and effort that has been put into application development. Overall, I think Outlook is a much better application for all of the updates and changes that have been made over the years. Lately though, I have become increasingly frustrated each time I apply an update only to find that my customized layout has been changed. I am all for change but I would much prefer to have new options presented to me in a way that I can choose to use them, choose how to use them or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Easier recognition

In your latest release, you've added the functionality for mail folder shortcuts. This is a nice idea. However, the interface and user experience are totally wrong. First, the shortcut's name should be able to be edited to whatever the user wants - to help them recognize it quicker. Second, you've removed the highlighting of any account with unread mail and simply have a very lightweight number behind the account name telling how many unread messages are contained. NO! If there are unread messages in a mailbox it should stand out and be immediately noticeable, even from a distance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add images to an out of office response.

The ability to add images into your out of office. Why does this involve templates and mucking around in settings? What happened to copy and past of JPGs or other media files?

How hard is this really??? Outlook = lacks funcitionality.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give us an option to keep the reminders window from floating on top of other windows

The reminders window stays on top of other macOS apps and I constantly have to drag it around. It would be nice to keep it active without having to minimize it, but have it behave like other windows and go to the background when I switch apps. I realize others may not want this, so why not make it an option that we can enable or disable?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add an option to enable/disable Favorites from Preferences > General >Sidebar

Also the star to add a folder to Favorites overlaps with the folder message count.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Be Able to Change Categorie of 1 or more Occurances without affecting series or be able to mark an occurance Complete

Be Able to Change Category of 1 or more Occurrence without affecting series or be able to mark an occurrence Complete

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base