OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recommend that Microsoft configures an Exchange account on a Mac or PC with a default question (e.g., do you want to delete all data?).

Recommend that Microsoft configures an Exchange account on a Mac or PC or with a default question (e.g., do you want to delete the email, contacts, calendar, and/or other data files from your computer) when someone tries to delete the Exchange account. In my case, the Exchange account was a temporary account for a client's year-long project. After finishing it, I no longer needed the Exchange account. However, I've had a POP account for 18 years, which contains legacy data for this period. Certainly didn't want to lose it. Think MS would want to prevent other customers from experiencing a…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-purge Clutter

I would like to be able to set a timeframe where items in Clutter get automatically purged. It would be nice to set it to 60 days so that everything older than that just goes away.

I love Clutter and believe it deserves some upgraded features.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. email link

How about SPECIFIC LINKS TO SPECIFIC EMAIL THREADS!!!

For the first time (actually the second time in Outlook history), users could utilize a direct link to an email thread in their notes, i.e. so they could open one up and see what's happening without using the search feature!!!

Why not use the search feature?

Because when you search for a subject line and happen to include Outlook's "Re: " syntax, the message CANNOT be found!!!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show Alias only email

The ability to break down your emails to show emails from a certain Alias email address/Show them as separate inboxes  

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve voiceover support of auto-complete.

use vo gesture "goto popup item" or perhaps up/down arrow keys to be able to review completion suggestions using keyboard and VoiceOver screen reader.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support for multiple RMS enabled accounts in Outlook

Currently it is a big mess in all Office 2016 applications on the Mac when multiple O365 accounts are being used in parallel and more than one account has RMS enabled. Messages and documents cannot be properly decrypted because the correct account is not being used. Messages and documents can only be protected using one of the accounts while the actual account available to do so seems to be randomly chosen by the Office apps.
    This needs to be fixed ASAP to allow convenient use of RMS on the Mac on a larger scale.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I suggest you drop the default "store" button on my home bar. Junk like that makes we want to work with Open Office.

I suggest you drop the default "store" button on my home bar. Junk like that makes we want to work with Open Office.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tabs for easier navigation in Outlook for Mac

Like in Apple Mail it would be helpful to have a kind of "tab bar" at the top of Outlook Mail screen. Even if you have a lot of folders created and you are deep in them during drag & drop e-mails to sort - you have always to "scroll like ****" to come back to the main folders "Inbox", "Sent items" etc., which are on the top of outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Don't hide my draft in status bar and not saving it in 'draft' folder

Stop creating stupid new features that break all old functions! Make outlook faster and crash less please! Microsoft has a bad habit of changing the UI so that no one knows how to use it anymore. Why not learn from MAC that makes things high quality instead of tons of rarely used features!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. badge

Ability to customise notification badge on Outlook (Mac)

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. add a way to show when a reply is already made to an email

I'd like to see a symbol showing if i've already replied to an email

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring back the up/down arrows for moving between messages in a conversation thread. They exist in 2010 version.

bring back the up/down arrows to navigate messages in a thread. lost them in 2016 version

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Each time I upgrade the customization of my mail window is lost and I have to remove unwanted items from each folder all over again..

Retain the customization of the mail screen between software updates so that the user doesn't have to re-customize each folder after each upgrade. I have over 300 folders so this is very tedious. I always remove Categories and Flags so I have more space for Subject.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve email editing

1. Please bring over from windows the "Spell check before sending" checkbox, I really need and rely on that.

Also,

2. pls bring back the "2 spaces=1 period, not 2 (or 3..)"
      that is frustrating for us older folks that were taught 2 spaces at the end of the sentence. I try hard to not do it but still find when I am typing furiously I will have 3 or so per large paragraph and then, because my first suggestion isn't available (spell check before send) then I have to look for the red and blue lines all over the right click…
    3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Notification when not answering latest e-mail (Mac)

Like in the Windows version show a notification when you are not responding to latest e-mail in the thread

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. touchbar

The design of the Touchbar support for Outlook 2016 for Mac on the new MacBook Pro has an important design flaw: the touchbar button to send an email is on the left side, right next to the "esc" button. It is very easy to inadvertently send a draft that is still being composed. Computing habits often mean that fingers are hovering over the escape key. The send email button should be placed in a far less risky place, or require more dedicated intent (e.g. a long press or something)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show consistent format when displaying total appointment time

When you click a calendar appointment in Outlook, it displays a popup showing some basic details of the calendar appointment, one of which is the total time for that appointment.

When the total time for an appointment is whole hours or half hours, it shows the total time in hours and decimals of an hour, e.g. 1.5hrs, 2hrs, 2.5hrs etc.

However, if the total time of the appointment is 15mins beyond a whole hour or 15 mins before a whole hour, Outlook displays the total appointment time as the total number of minutes, not as hours and decimals of an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. clipboard memory

have an ability in all MS apps to access clipboard history

1 vote
    Vote