OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring back the categories feature in Outlook for Mac.

It difficult to filter out the information while on the Calendar, Notes, Task or Contacts.

At least give the option to filter by Category on list view and collapse group like in Windows Outlook.

2,671 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    239 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add icloud email support back to Outlook for mac

In the earlier versions of the new outlook for mac it supported icloud email just fine and then it was completely dropped. Please add support back.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make URLs in the location field of meeting invites a hyperlink

make URLs in the location field of meeting invites a hyperlink to help with video conferencing

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change calendar keyboard shortcut for next/previous (back) to cmd+arrow

This seems to have been changed since Oct 2020.
    Say I have the weekly view open in calendar, and I want to advance to the next week I have to press CMD+OPTION+RIGHT.
    Previously it was simply CMD+RIGHT
    What's the purpose of changing the shortcut?
    It is used a lot and was easier to press before

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. (Non Office 365) Google calendar integration

Allow Google Calendar integration for those not subscribed to Office 365.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please try to add attachments to the original email in the responding messages.

Folks send me email with attachments, however, these attachments get buried and potentially lost to "untrained eyes" if they do not know to revert back to the original message. Consider adding attachments to the email chain. That way if I send a message containing attachments to 3 people and people do respond, others can still see the original attachments.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow users to turn OFF "Select Entire Word"

I often need to precisely select and copy text out of emails, but unlike MS Word, there does not appear to be an option in Outlook to turn off the "Select Entire Word" functionality. As a result, I have to copy chunks of text from Outlook, paste them into a text editing application and then select exactly the characters I need, or I'm forced to spend extra time deleting the extra characters from whatever application I have pasted them in. This is extremely frustrating behavior for some of us and shouldn't be forced on the users with no option to…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a way to specify the default "folder" when doing Address Book searches in Outlook.

In Outlook for Windows, I can specify the default folder/source to use when searching the Address Book for a contact. The Mac seems to be missing this feature. When I open the Address Book (either directly or clicking the icon when composing a message), I am always taken to the company directory (we have Microsoft 365 Business Premium). I would like to set the default for searches to be All Folders (which should probably be the default setting, anyway). I should be able to select any one of the folders as the default search source.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop asking me to sign up for the new Outlook

I have no doubt that the new Outlook will be great, when it supports all email protocols. Until then, please stop flashing up a notice that I must manually clear asking me to try the new version.

Please also remove the button at the top of the interface inviting me to switch versions. When the new version is actually ready for use, I'll be happy to switch to it.

Since I did not sign up to try Beta versions of your software, I do not want to be regularly reminded to do so.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Update badge icon without opening outlook application

Before the newest Outlook update the badge icon would update to tell me how many emails I had waiting without having to have the application actively open on my computer screen. With the new update this no longer happens. The only way the badge icon updates is once you open the application.

I liked before having the notification on my desktop to tell me I had emails waiting. The same way it works on my phone to tell me I have a notification.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Outlook Stripping Embeded link "Click to join" End up as plain text, when sending calendar invites.

According to my mailprovider Kerio (GFI) See below:

As such, a fix for this behavior depends on Microsoft. I suggest submitting a feature request directly with them to have them make the appropriate changes that would allow us to resolve it in Kerio Connect.

The primary reason for stripping embedded hyperlink content within calendar invitations comes from a limitation imposed by the RFC-5545 standard, which defines Event Descriptions with a Value Type of Text. This does not include Richtext or HTML support within the event description pane, resulting in embedded hyperlinks to be converted to simple text instead. The root
    2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide the option to remove “Top Results” from Search

Allow the user to not show “Top Results” from Search

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. open mails from display dialogue on mac

With a dialogue popping up based on filters, Mac user needs to close the dialogue and open the subfolder to read the mail.
    This is quite annoying in contrast to Windows implementation where the mails can be accesses directly from the notification dialogue which again lists all display dialogues in one pop-up window

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. RSS feeds for outlook 2016 for MAC

RSS feeds through outlook

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it easier to toggle the microphone for dictation in Outlook 365.

Suggest you move the microphone toggle icon to the left, somewhere near the send button. This will avoid the ned to scroll to the right to dictate, and then back to the left to send. Alternatively, how about a keyboard short-cut to toggling the microphone ? Don't use the same keyboard short cut as the native Apple dictation system (which is Fn twice) as the systems are different, and yours seems slightly better!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Looking for Customization in suggested Recipient when sending an email in outlook for mac

We are looking for solution in which Outlook for mac suggests recipient from mentioned email domains and exchange server directory FIRST.

We really need feature as we do most communicate within the organization compared to external world.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. support public holidays for calendars to Mac

support public holidays for calendars to Mac

725 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New Outlook Meetings

New Outlook Calendar doesn't allow to schedule meetings that span across multiple days.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create plugins for desktop Outlook for macOS

I would like to have a possibility to create plugins for desktop Outlook for macOS like VSTO (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/vsto/create-vsto-add-ins-for-office-by-using-visual-studio?view=vs-2019) for Windows. In such plugins, I need a possibility to intercept and analyze outgoing emails and block them if there is something wrong with data inside emails. Currently, I can only develop JavaScript plugins for Microsoft exchange and use the On-send feature (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/outlook/outlook-on-send-addins?tabs=classic) to intercept outgoing emails which is very inconvenient as it is required an external server that will receive emails for analyzing.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want to Remove Skype Meeting from my Ribbon

Please do not force me to have Skype in my Calendar toolbar. I did not request or want Skype on there.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base