OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CryptoTokenKit (CTK) support for digital signing and encryption.

Apple has began depreciating older token.d frameworks for CryptoTokenKit with the release of macOS Mojave. At present, Outlook can see the certificates. However after you select them, the changes do not save and returning back to the accounts page shows the digital signing, encryption, and authentication back to "none selected"

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When replying to a message that is not in the Inbox, have an option to save the reply in the same folder

When replying to a message that is not in the Inbox, save the reply in the same folder as in Outlook for Windows.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support RSS feeds in Outlook for Mac.

You really should enable RSS feeds. I'm not sure, but mine seem to work, but recently stopped until I had a PC running update email, then they fed back to my Mac running outlook. A major feature like RSS support should be mirrrored in Mac Outlook. I hardly use PC outlook any more, but if I dont' have RSS feeds, I may have to stop using Mac Outlook and put a VM PC on my Mac just to run Outlook PC. I'm sure that I'm not the only one, as I saw almost a thousand votes for this on another…

182 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. sort by several columns and group

sort by several columns and group to work easy in GTD

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mail Drop Option in sending attachment

It could be best to have a Mail Drop option wherein if the attachment is more than the file limit or even less, it would allow the user to have the option to send it as a shareable link rather than the actual attachment. This feature is currently available in Mail app / iCloud.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix search indexing so that search works properly

Outlook search for Mac is inconsistent and I constantly have to run the Outlook Search repair tool which has since broken from the last fast ring build.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. automatic update - remove (frequent and annoying) prompt to change to automatic install

When selecting the office update option "automatically check" (as opposed to "manually check" and "automatically download and install"), since a few weeks the user gets a pop-up in the OSX notification centre to turn on the "automatically download and install" option. Every time I choose the option 'not now', then the app Microsoft AutoUpdate is started. First you get another pop-up where you again have to choose 'not now' for the 'automatically download and install" option.
    Most of the time there is no update.

I choose the "automatically check" option as I want to be notified that an update is…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple Timezones for Non-Subscription Licenses

Please extend the Multiple Timezone feature to non-subscription Licenses. Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow smart folders in Favorites

The new Favorites category in the sidebar is nice, but should also allow Smart Folders to be added as Favorites. I want a few of my smart folders at the top of my sidebar. As do others...there are at least two other feature requests on this page asking to allow the Smart Folders section to be re-ordered higher in the sidebar so they are more easily accessible. Consider adding all those votes up to count for this request, because this request can help solve that problem too.

1,417 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    103 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I suggest adding the ability to associate contact lists or directories with default signatures.

I suggest adding the ability to associate contact lists or directories with default signatures.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Synchronized Signatures from Office 365

Since the inception of Exchange and Outlook; we have found that it would be particularly useful to have our signatures synchronized across workstations; now that Office 365 is cloud based we would find it even more useful to use that as the springboard to our Outlook client installations. Currently, Office 365 allows you to create signatures that be composed of tables and graphics and the way we want our signature to look, looks very well, but we can't replicate that in Outlook and we prefer to use Outlook client for certain things, it is after all a feature rich client...…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add-ins for IMAP Accounts

Please implement Add-ins for IMAP Accounts. Thank you!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Outlook for MAC to have Send/Receive groups so that we can disable auto sending of emails when outlook is online

Similar to Outlook on PC, Outlook for MAC to have Send/Receive groups so that we can disable auto sending of emails when outlook is online. Basically in Windows Outlook i can stop automatic sending of messages when i click Send and it goes out only when i click Send/Receive.

This is very useful to have

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I am really missing the option for a read and received receipt, which was available on the PC.

I really missing the beautiful Weekly Agenda Form I used in my daily work Life and was available on the PC. Kindly could you add that feature in your next version.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Look into the flickering screen issue associated with Outlook and iMac 2015

There is an issue that others seem to be having when using Outlook on a late 2015 iMac. We have 3 employees at my company with late 2015 Retina 5K iMacs (27", 3.2GHz Intel Core i5 Processor and 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Memory) whose screens will flicker and turn white/black, but when they restart it fixes the issue for a day. Then it happens again. It seems to happen when Outlook is open, which we are constantly using, and from another forum, it seems to be happening to many other people with this same exact model iMac and Outlook. Apple…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add the option to have multiple tabs at the top of the Add-In window in Outlook for Mac. So it will be easier to switch between diffe

Please add the option to have multiple tabs at the top of the Add-In window in Outlook for Mac. So it will be easier to switch between different add-ins in the same sidebar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Email all contacts in a "Shared Contacts" Group

Currently, you can share contact groups with others, but there is no way to email everyone in a "Shared Contacts" group. Please add this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a view that allows pages to be nested under the sections they were created within, in the OneNote application.

Add views that allow pages to be nested under the sections they were created within, in the OneNote application. The aim of this to slim down the side panel to see more content without resizing for smaller screens. Alternatively, tab the sections across the top (under the ribbon), and then leave the page navigation to be on the left or right side of the window (optional) for each tab (section) above.
    View/layout options are too limited.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save External Files into MSOutlook Folders.

Save files related to projects inside MS-Outlook Folders. Currently, files must be attached in email messages.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base