OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve the notifications around emails that fail to send due to size to make them harder to miss.

Improve the notifications around emails that fail to send due to size to make them harder to miss. The pop-up notification is tiny, blends with the wallpaper, and is hidden behind other windows occupying the bottom left corner of the screen if you have already clicked away from the outlook window. These attributes make it very easy to miss that a large email has not sent but has been moved instead to the drafts folder. An email stating that your email has not been sent due to size would be much more effective and would match what happens when you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow me to set a meeting subject specific to my calendar

When I receive a meeting invite, the meeting originator does not always choose a subject that is easy to understand at a quick glance. I'd like to be able to set a meeting subject that only affects my view of the meeting. For example, a co-worker may invite me to a meeting with the subject "Call"; I'd like to change that on my calendar to be "Call with John regarding user interface error" and that change is only represented on my calendar (it doesn't affect my co-worker's invitation). Any updates that my co-worker sends to the meeting should keep the…

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable the "Insert Hyperlink" button when editing a plain-text message.

Currently allows you to go in to the hyperlink insertion tool, set up the hyperlink, displays in the message as you set it up, then strips the actual url configured in the tool when the message is sent.

Obviously, plain text offers no support for this function, so the tool should be completely disabled when in that format mode.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix bug that prevents expanding distribution list when mail is sent to a group

When choosing a group as recipient for an email, it used to be possible to open a contextual menu with options to expand the list, open the contact, etc. The down arrow next to the name of the list no longer does anything, and control clicking on the item opens a contextual menu with the options, but they do not function.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MS Outlook for MAC - currently not able to add more than 4 email accounts in safe sender list. Please increase to more than 4.

MS Outlook for MAC - currently not able to add more than 4 email accounts in safe sender list. Please increase to more than 4.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Leave unread emails as unread when delete message next to it

When you delete an email the message next to it is automatically selected. If this was an unread email it then automatically becomes read requiring me to click on another email, then right-click on the affected email to mark it as unread. Unfortunately this easily leads to me missing emails as they have "accidentally" become marked as read even though I have not had time to do so yet. It would make much more sense if once an email is deleted no email is selected - for example how ProtonMail works.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. read receipts for ALL emails!!!

I have important emails sent out when i may forget to select read receipt on. please make it so that we can save it for ALL emails sent out! This is available on other platforms but i love outlook client... this is the only fault.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Rules to search HMTL message body

Rules under Mac OS Outlook Version 16.36 (20041300) currently does not physically search HTML code of a message body; Rules only searches content if the message body is plain text.

This is a severe shortcoming when using Rules to filter out junk mail that has suspected junk URL's embedded within the HTML code.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable date format to be set independently of language or region

I suggest you enable a user to set all dates, including on calendar, to allow for YYYYMMDD, which is the ISO date format. See https://www.is

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Help with extracting email addresses from my Outlook for Mac 2016

I know how to create an .olm file by exporting data, but I would like to use the data to extract email addresses to an Excel spreadsheet and don't know how.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add ability for dynamic linked image in Signatures

Hi guys,
    I'd like to embed an image from a URL. Then I can change the image on the server and it changes all the signatures that use that image.
    Currently it's not possible with Outlook for Mac or Word for Mac to link to an image online as you can't paste the URL into the location field.
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Maintain email view

When switching apps in Mac OS, then returning to Outlook, the current, actively viewed email reverts to default settings (scrolled to beginning, no highlights). Very unproductive. Please maintain view (scroll amount, highlighting, etc.) of current email in view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I suggest you fix the big problem that outlook hangs with the beach ball symbol a lot.

I suggest you fix the big problem that outlook hangs with the beach ball symbol a lot.

I cannot do anything while doing it.
    Learn how the Mac IO System works properly and implemented it this app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide system for user to prioritize entries in Calendar so that the most urgent are listed first.

Calendar provides "categories", but does have a system of prioritizing the order in which the categories appear on the calendar. User should be able to determine that, for example "Red" category is "priority #1" and therefore is always listed first on the calendar.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unread Emails

I am using Outlook on iMac and I find it difficult to find unread emails in case an email is too old. It shows count of unread emails but where are they?
    If there could be a tab where we see the unread email that would amazing

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can we get a way to highlight the current day in the Work Week, Week, Month & List views?

If you look at the monthly calendar view - you're already almost there. Portions of the calendar that are in a different month have a grey background.

Excellent - now extend that idea with an option to put "Today" in a different background colour than the other days in the current Week/Month/List.

Another idea is to create an option to make days other than "Today" have a different colour background.

Please do this everywhere you display appointments/meetings other than the "Today" view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base