OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

Outlook for Mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Voting buttons in Outlook

add voting buttons like PC version has...

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Print calendar in dark mode with black type

Currently when printing a calendar in dark mode, the type is reversed and doesn't appear on the print. Please correct so that printing in dark mode provides a color print out but with black type on white (or color).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically update the date in the Outlook calendar when the device is waked from sleep, without having to switch to the mail module.

Outlook does not automatically update the calendar date when the device is waked from sleep on the next day. Please implement this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove Event Summary

Please remove or give option to turn off event summary in email preview pane and email pane. It is not helpful, but rather a hinderance as you cannot not read email well.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. automatic update - remove (frequent and annoying) prompt to change to automatic install

When selecting the office update option "automatically check" (as opposed to "manually check" and "automatically download and install"), since a few weeks the user gets a pop-up in the OSX notification centre to turn on the "automatically download and install" option. Every time I choose the option 'not now', then the app Microsoft AutoUpdate is started. First you get another pop-up where you again have to choose 'not now' for the 'automatically download and install" option.
    Most of the time there is no update.

I choose the "automatically check" option as I want to be notified that an update is…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow me to set a meeting subject specific to my calendar

When I receive a meeting invite, the meeting originator does not always choose a subject that is easy to understand at a quick glance. I'd like to be able to set a meeting subject that only affects my view of the meeting. For example, a co-worker may invite me to a meeting with the subject "Call"; I'd like to change that on my calendar to be "Call with John regarding user interface error" and that change is only represented on my calendar (it doesn't affect my co-worker's invitation). Any updates that my co-worker sends to the meeting should keep the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. can you add the 'fishing' or Report to Digital security Suspicious option in Outlook for Mac?

in the outlook for non-Mac there is the option to report an email as suspicious, or and to report it to digital security. can you please add it to the Mac version? thanks

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Cloud-Attachments/

Open File Dialog for attaching files should behave like on Windows and give the possibilty to browse SharePoint Online/Teams Libraries for attaching Cloud Files to a mail.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Edit Contact Card

Please allow the editing of contacts from the contact card within an e-mail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sign Druide Antidote connector for Outlook for Mac

We use a 3rd party spelling checker supplied by Druide Informatique with Outlook for Mac called Antidote. Since we moved to macOS 10.14 Mojave, this spelling checker does not work with Outlook. It does work however for Word among other Microsoft applications. Our understanding is that with Mojave, Apple introduced security features that prevent communication between Outlook and Antidote. We see two options: (1) Microsoft “signs” the Antidote connector for Outlook, or (b) Microsoft publishes a new API to be consumed by third parties such as Druide. Would Microsoft consider these options?

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a mouseover event that displays the 'full Sent To email address"

I have several email addresses configured in my Outlook. Currently the only way I can find out which address a specific message was sent to is by viewing the message source and finding the sent to address in the message headers. This is idiotic, when it would be so easy to add a "mouse over event" to the Contact Object that is in the message view. Currently there isn't a way to view the the sent to address easily, and when viewing the contact, it shows you all the addresses in the contact and not just the one this message…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back ADD TO AUTOCORRECT in Outlook (same as Word)

Having Add To Autocorrect available in the pop-up menu for misspelled words is the handiest feature that used to be available in Outlook but was removed soem time agao.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Icons version 16.20 for Mac

The new icons are very very very ugly. That pure white over light gray is unappealing and they are all so similar that I need a few seconds of thinking and reading what they are before I can press them.

PS: How sneaky is it that I have to agree to be bombarded with stuff to submit my feedback?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. sort by several columns and group

sort by several columns and group to work easy in GTD

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disable sending read receipts

Add the option like in Windows, to permanently disable sending read receipts to emails that have requested a read receipt

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cmd+Option+Shift+V should paste as plain text - macOS wide standard

Please respect the macOS-wide standard for pasting so Cmd+Option+Shift+V pastes as plain text.

This wastes crucial time having to reach for the mouse and choose "Keep Text Only" every single time...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show calendar in the reading pane

It would be much more convenient if it was feasible to get the preview pane of the calendar in the reading pane.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable auto archive and Manual archive based on user settings option in Outlook for Mac like we have in windows.

Enable auto archive and Manual archive based on user settings option in Outlook for Mac like we have in windows. In windows user can either setup auto archive features in outlook for specific time period or user runs auto archive by just selecting outlook Folder and date under archive tab

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Give the ability to turn of notifications for delegate mailboxes

Please give the ability to turn off notifications for specific mailboxes, or delegates. I am currently receiving notifications for a delegate mailbox that gets one about every 30 seconds, its incredibly annoying and I can only turn off all notifications or none of them, so if I turn them off I would have to have them turned off for my mail e-mail box. This is not helpful at all! You should be able to mute notifications per account that is delegated.
    Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a function to allow buttons to be added to the ribbon

Add a function to allow buttons to be added to the ribbon

7 votes