OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

Outlook for Mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sign Druide Antidote connector for Outlook for Mac

We use a 3rd party spelling checker supplied by Druide Informatique with Outlook for Mac called Antidote. Since we moved to macOS 10.14 Mojave, this spelling checker does not work with Outlook. It does work however for Word among other Microsoft applications. Our understanding is that with Mojave, Apple introduced security features that prevent communication between Outlook and Antidote. We see two options: (1) Microsoft “signs” the Antidote connector for Outlook, or (b) Microsoft publishes a new API to be consumed by third parties such as Druide. Would Microsoft consider these options?

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow subscribing to published iCal calendars and vice versa

I suggest that you add functionality to both Outlook for Mac and Outlook for Windows to enable subscribing to published iCal calendars (or Mac Calendar.app), and to enable publishing of Outlook calendars in a form that can be subscribed to from iCal. This should, of course, sync changes in both directions.

416 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scheduling Assistant

While scheduling assistant allows you to select "Show Work Hours" when Work Days are made in Outlook preferences, it would be great to reflect the work days as well when using Scheduling assistant. For eg. If M-F are set as my work days, I should only see those days in scheduling assistant and not Saturday and Sunday;

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. automatic update - remove (frequent and annoying) prompt to change to automatic install

When selecting the office update option "automatically check" (as opposed to "manually check" and "automatically download and install"), since a few weeks the user gets a pop-up in the OSX notification centre to turn on the "automatically download and install" option. Every time I choose the option 'not now', then the app Microsoft AutoUpdate is started. First you get another pop-up where you again have to choose 'not now' for the 'automatically download and install" option.
    Most of the time there is no update.

I choose the "automatically check" option as I want to be notified that an update is…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would like support for synchronizing with Apple Calendar and Apple Contacts in Outlook for Mac.

Would like support for synchronizing with Apple Calendar and Apple Contacts in Outlook for Mac.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add-ins for IMAP Accounts

Please implement Add-ins for IMAP Accounts. Thank you!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add calendar Categories back for Outlook for Mac

Please add calendar Categories back for Outlook for Mac

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a mouseover event that displays the 'full Sent To email address"

I have several email addresses configured in my Outlook. Currently the only way I can find out which address a specific message was sent to is by viewing the message source and finding the sent to address in the message headers. This is idiotic, when it would be so easy to add a "mouse over event" to the Contact Object that is in the message view. Currently there isn't a way to view the the sent to address easily, and when viewing the contact, it shows you all the addresses in the contact and not just the one this message…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable auto archive and Manual archive based on user settings option in Outlook for Mac like we have in windows.

Enable auto archive and Manual archive based on user settings option in Outlook for Mac like we have in windows. In windows user can either setup auto archive features in outlook for specific time period or user runs auto archive by just selecting outlook Folder and date under archive tab

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Auto-delete accepted meeting invites

We have storage restrictions on our office email and I'm constantly having to delete my trash and sent messages. It would be great if there was a preference to automatically delete everything meeting invite related. Once it's on my calendar I don't need it in my sent mail anymore either.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show calendar in the reading pane

It would be much more convenient if it was feasible to get the preview pane of the calendar in the reading pane.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. desperately require a recall email function for outlook

Require a recall email on outlook for Mac

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Outlook default font errors

I suggest you fix the bug that prevents default font changes being saved in Outlook for Mac. (Although the default font for emails can be changed in Preferences, it always reverts back to Calibri when Outlook is re-opened.)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Incorporate new visual iconography for Office for Mac in attachments sections in Outlook for Mac app

Please also change the attachment icons for Office for Mac application in Outlook for Mac. It must show the new icon design instead of the old one.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dark mode without Mojave requirement

Please implement Dark Mode in every supported macOS (10.12, 10.13), not just Mojave (10.14).
    Thank you.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. add poll feature for emails in Outlook for Mac

add poll feature for emails in Outlook for Mac

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give the ability to turn of notifications for delegate mailboxes

Please give the ability to turn off notifications for specific mailboxes, or delegates. I am currently receiving notifications for a delegate mailbox that gets one about every 30 seconds, its incredibly annoying and I can only turn off all notifications or none of them, so if I turn them off I would have to have them turned off for my mail e-mail box. This is not helpful at all! You should be able to mute notifications per account that is delegated.
    Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. outlook toolbar icons

Increase the size of the text for icons in the toolbars (very small in the newly updated 16.20 (181202) updated today).

When increasing the size of text in the app preferences provide an option for scaling the icon text as well.

The new icons/text in 181202 are too small on my 4K screen and my co-workers are complaining about them as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)