OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add important functions that are in windows for all versions of outlook on mac

Unfortunately after switching to a mac and installing the outlook I had to switch to another competing email program because of missing important features that are windows versions. When working on several different mails and the POP3 server throws all the mails into one inbox does not split into individual mailboxes. Work is a nightmare. You would have to be on an IMAP server which is not convenient for everyone because you have to be on line. Missed acknowledgment of receipt and read message. This feature is only available for some. In corporate mail it is essential. There is no…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Return the unified junk mail folder that was deleted in the 15.36 upgrade. What possessed you to do that?

Return the unified junk mail folder that was deleted in the 15.36 upgrade. What possessed you to do that?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. POP EMAIL SETTINGS

The pop email when configured in this version of office, does not give you the same features that you get when you configure IMAP EMAIL. for example, the inboxes for pop3 email cannot be separated, and all the multiple emails are under one box. which is not good. then i have tried to with IMAP, and then it was separated. it should applicable to POP protocol as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bullet Point Crash

Every time I start a bullet point by using "-", Outlook crashes! I suggest you to check if I'm not the only one!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. global mail folder for junk and archive

On the newest version of Outlook I miss the global junk mail folder over all mailboxes or a possibility to configure it also for different folders e.g. the archive folder.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have both MS and Mac. The Mac Outlook in

Add the View Pane for tasks to Mac, both below and beside the calendar as in MS

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Moving emails from the Inbox to folders

Can we please have the ability to move emails by clicking and dragging them from the inbox to folders "On my Computer". At present, doing this leaves the original copy in the Inbox which is very annoying.
    This feature existed in previous Outlook for Mac versions and has only just been removed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add print option to individual inbox items

Add print option to individual messages in inbox view, similar to trash, archive & flag icons.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove favorites button from hover-over for folders

The new "Favorites" star that shows up when I hover on a folder in Outlook is really bad. I keep accidentally adding folders to my favorites when I click on my number of unread messages in a folder.

Nobody adds / removes folders from favorites frequently enough to need it in the folder list.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Revert change to remove "grouping like folders together"

reinstate the ability to group like folders together such as the server "Inbox" and the "Inbox" under "On My Computer". I really enjoyed having both "Sent", "Trash", "Drafts", etc sitting right next to each other.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Right click to create new subfolder

Right click create new subfolder (New Folder) in list of folders that have synced with Gmail. I have accessed the Insider fast program and sync'd my gmail account with the MS Cloud - brilliant as it gives me access to my calendar but now i am unable to create new subfolders directly in Outlook for Mac. The only way to have a new subfolder appear is to delete my account from Outlook, go to GMAIL.com, create new label (subfolder), the re-create my gmail account in outlook which then syncs all my subfolders including the new one i created. This function…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. when mail to clutter inbox comes, no chime needed

no need to alert me with clutter mails

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add attachment icons so it easy to see at a glance what kind of attachments are in an email

More often than not, there are many emails that show the attachment icon when its just a signature image or something that is not important. This means when looking for important attachments from a client, you have to go through each email and select the email, only then can you see if there is a PDF, or doc etc. attached. I think there should be clear icons to represent what document or file is attached to an email next to the current paperclip icon.

This way you could see at a glance from 20 emails from a client, the one…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have the ability to increase or decrease the brightness of the itemlist

Before today’s Outlook update, when I received a new email, the folder in my inbox would turn bold and the number for the number of new emails was darker and bolder. It is much harder to see now when I get a new email. I cannot find anywhere to adjust this. It would be nice to be able to control the boldness of the number of items in a specific folder in Outlook. It does not catch my eye anymore.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow consolidated views of other than default folders

The "All Accounts" view is nice, with "Inbox", "Sent", "Trash", and "Drafts", but I would like the ability to add other folders. First and foremost, the "Junk" folder used to have a consolidated view right up until the July update. I have to review the contents periodically as I have found important emails in the junk folders.

I also have a folder called "Newsletters" in all my accounts. The contents are based on inbound email processing rules and it would be great if I could create a single "Newsletters" under "All Accounts".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Highlight target folder when moving items.

Starting in version 15.36, it is difficult to see that the target folder is selected when moving items.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base