OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. possibility to select how many months of mail to sync (like windows version...)?

I woud like the possibility to select how many months of mail to sync (like the windows outlook version). Is really impossible to have this feature in Outlook for mac? I have 50Gigs of email (I use exchange from 2002 and I really want to have all my mail history on server, but not on every mac !!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable option to print a calendar month without weekends

I often print out my calendar a month per page to plan future work. The weekends take up valuable space on the page and are of no use to me. It'd be great to be able to print a month to view without including weekends (or at the very least shrinking weekends down).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a way to sync with Insightly for seamless CRM

Create a way to sync with Insightly for seamless CRM

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow sorting of calendar entries by size

If you need to clear space on your calendar, having the ability to sort calendar entries by size becomes very helpful. This feature exists in Outlook for Windows and it would be nice to see this in Outlook for Mac for the sake of feature parity.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. copy past from outlook to finder

when there is an attachment at an e-mail i would like to save it in finder. Now i have to save the attachment and i would like to use CMD+C and CMD+V to copy past from outlook to finder and back.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have the option to make Unread email as a DEFAULT VIEW

There is no option to keep the Unread emails view as a default, so you need to change the view every time you jump between folders.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When changing the sort by criteria allow the collapsable groups to be default closed instead of default open.

When changing the sort by criteria, allow the collapsable groups to be default closed instead of default open. When i sort by size or date I never want all of the groupings to be open. I want them to always start out closed so I can open just the single group that I want.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Tabbed Lync conversation for MAC

Tabbed Lync conversations for MAC just like windows.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Restore paste with style (changed in v15.22 or so?)

When I used to paste from a Terminal window, the formatting went into the email to make the content look just like it does in the Terminal app. Now it uses a _similar_ font and font color but the background formatting is absent or not the same. Please restore or explain how why/what changed. Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. stop using wingdings

Emails received from Windows users have emoticons displayed as "J". It turns out some idiot Microsoft developer is converting :) to Wingdings font specific character, which in fact violates unicode standards. Broken.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keep Track of Forgotten Email

Keep track read timing and response stats for the particular email and see if there any chances this mail should be responded but it didn't. Suggest user a Smart Search over possibly forgotten email.

My problem that I get tons of emails and sometime missing important ones due to use Outlook from multiple devices and often distracted.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I suggest you to create a stable, functioning version of outlook, which never crashed and keeps resilience during work. It's a real pain in

I suggest you to create a stable, functioning version of outlook, which never crashed and keeps resilience during work. It's a real pain in *** that each time something changes at network settings (getting into VPN, getting out of VPN, changing from cable network to WIFI) Outlook just plain crashes and has to be restarted. When will you ever provide stable software?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I suggest you no longer automatically create move rule for new folder the user creates.

I suggest you stop automatically creating a "move rule" after user creates a new folder for email. This is rather annoying as it overwrites one of the limited amount of move rules.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. from option in compose window

Mac outlook 2016 seems to have no option for a “from” option to select the email address to use from one outlook.com email account. Outlook.com allows this, but not outlook itself. Please add this is outlook.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Text Short Cut - as in Outlook for PC

Outlook for PC's has the ability to create a "saved phrase". One that you use all the time - which can be inserted with the touch of a button.
    I really miss this feature, since I switched over to MAC machine.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automate outlook account creation based on AD account

Outlook for Windows can automatically create an account in Outlook if the user account in Windows is an AD account. It would be great if Outlook for Mac could have similar functionality for Macs if it detects that the Mac is AD bound with an Exchange account. This would bring feature parity to Outlook for Mac.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bring back when selecting multiple emails, clicking to select an additional email views that email in the preview pane.

This makes it easier to delete batches of emails from multiple conversations.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support Salesforce Lightning for Outlook integration

When Lightning for Outlook finishes rendering in Outlook, a yellow banner reading "The option to relate emails isn't available now. Please check back shortly." gets displayed, effectively preventing associations of Outlook items with Salesforce records to be made. Or a red banner reading "Because Microsoft Exchange isn't available now, you can't relate emails and their attachments to Salesforce records until Exchange is available again."

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Clear (recent) mail address cache

My corporation changed mail address, but there is no way to clear the old domain from Outlook for Mac. Any suggestion on the Internet support forums is marked with "this is a risky action" and I don't want to mess up my profile just to clear some auto-complete values. Outlook no longer offers an "X" next to the address that one wants to delete, thus this issue becomes uglier over time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I suggest you make copy/paste function available for body text from one mail to another

Today copy/paste is very limited. When I select text in a sent mail and paste this in e new mail, the formatting of unordered and ordered list is gone. I expect similar copy/paste functionality as in other Microsoft apps like Word.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base