OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

Outlook for Mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow jabber 3rd parity server as presence support.

Allow presence status to be taken from 3rd parity jabber server.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. All folders are NOT up to date

There is a status message at the bottom of the window "all folders are up to date". it is usually a lie. As soon as it is updated, other items can be available on the server and do not appear until the next time outlook polls for data. it is particularly galling when there are connection or other issues that prevent outlook from getting recent items.

it would be better to say "updated " and a time stamp. that way we know if it was updated recently without the lie that things are still up to date. :)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. common folder

I think it would be handy to have folders that two or more accounts could use. For instance my wife and I have email accounts on this computer. We are moving to another house. She gets email from the realtor. I get email from the Bank, etc. etc. We need a common folder where she could place the mail from the realtor and I could place the mail from the Bank. We would have one folder to search to obtain the mail we need to reference or use.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add AES in Outlook.

Add AES option of email in Outlook. Enabling "@outlook.com" address.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bcc reply all block

Allow sender to block BCC's from replying all.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Don't put the delete email button next to the close window button

The delete mail button is next to the close email button on outlook for Mac app. It makes it really easy for people to accidentally delete the email they have open.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Status bar in Search Folders

The status bar in Search Folders used to show "Connected to.." etc information, however in 2016 it doesn't.

Why isn't that status bar uniform across the client?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create links when replying and contacts are in my address book

When replying, if contacts are present as cards in my address book, the header of the original message does not contain links, but just plain names.
    Example: if card is not in address book, I get in the original mail header:

"mailto:person@domain.com"

If this is saved in address book, I get in the original mail header:

"Full Name"

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Arabic Support

Adding arabic language support for make will make as use Office instead of another alternative application for Mac.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Time to leave

Add "Time to Leave" as alert option for appointments.

Using current location -> location of invite similar to how the iPhone does it. We understand this may require upstream changes to Office 365 unless it currently supports it.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I STILL can't preview or print emails after nearly three weeks! And why are my deleted emails accumulating?

I STILL can't preview or print emails after nearly three weeks! And why do my deleted emails continue to accumulate? And the number of "Sent" emails doesn't show up.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatic setup of email accounts and general settings via configuration profile or script

In large Enterprises, the ability to deploy and configure applications silently and automatically for users is a key requirement for managing large fleets of Macs. Having the ability to set defaults via script or configuration profile and configure a user's email account automatically through the use of an MDM/Management System is imperative.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add menu bar mini drop down

Enable a menu bar drop down - with separate tabs for inbox, calendar, tasks, and contacts with a search function

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Creating new mail folders, default should be below inbox not in the inbox.

When creating new folders, default should be below the inbox. Not in the inbox.
    "The Inbox syncs more frequently than any other and should be kept as clean as possible. (this is the number one cause of problems with sync). Do NOT make subfolders under the Inbox."
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macoutlook/outlook-2011-is-constantly-uploadingdownloading-to/50ca93e0-b34e-42a9-8ad9-b546a39e8890

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow delegates to create Online Meetings on behalf of

Currently delegates cannot create a Lync (or Skype for Business) Online Meeting on behalf of their manager/principal/delegator. They can create a meeting on behalf of, just not an online meeting on behalf of (see link below).

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Schedule-an-online-meeting-9ad8b538-807a-4189-aaae-e6b03990e0b4

Please add that function as many of our admins are left out in the cold!!!

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Configuration via profile to disable 'on my computer'

As IT, we don't want customers potentially losing mail server-side by moving it to a folder that only exists locally, so the ability to be able to disallow that pre-customer setup.
    Among lots of other things we should be able to do via configuration profile when it comes to setting 'friendly defaults', signatures, etc.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 'Show reply' button intermittently appears at all, disappears

Sometimes and for a certain period, there is a button to 'Show reply' on a message in your inbox that you've replied to. Then it disappears, and infrequently are you able to follow the 'conversation' button above the subject. 'Show reply' should be consistent

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve contact search

Seamlessly search and sort through contacts

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Kill print button, or at least promote send/new to persistent area which currently contains undo/redo

confused why undo/redo and ESPECIALLY PRINT are persistent, yet send(contextual in mail) or new item is not

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base