OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Picture/Logo Missing when not in Main Account

I have two account and all my contacts are in the second account. I can simply access this from emails with address book but when i open emails, Outlook for Mac does not scan for the person in the second address book. So i can't see the picture or logo I added.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. fix "CONTACT SUPPORT" crashes

Fix "CONTACT SUPPORT" function in Outlook; every time I click on it, Outlook crashes!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable Arial Hebrew in the Font field to make it easier to choose Arial

When I type Arial into the font field in Outlook's menu bar it keeps replacing it with Arial Hebrew. I have to manually delete 'Hebrew' every time. I want to be able to remove Arial Hebrew from my computer or at least disable it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change the layout of the Week and Work Week view in Calendar, to more clearly associate name of day with numeric date of day.

The Week and Work Week views in calendar display the name of the day centred in the column.

The numeric date for that day is to the left of the column, and the numeric date for the next day is to the left of its column. The name of the day (‘Tuesday’) therefore appears almost entirely equidistant between its own date (‘5’) and the next day’s date (‘6’). This is massively confusing, and I keep getting the date wrong as a result!

Please move the name of the day (‘Tuesday’) to the left of its column instead of centreing it.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hi there, I'm using Mac Outlook 2016. If most of the options tab on New Mail are persistent configurations, it should be better to be in Pre

Hi there,

I'm using Mac Outlook 2016.

If most of the options tab on New Mail are persistent configurations, why not to appear in Preferences/Email?

It's more intuitive, I think:)

Regards,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Searching Email

After closing the search function in the inbox you should be back at the beginning. This is not the case at the moment.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for monitors in portrait mode.

I use two external monitors in addition to my MacBook. One of the external monitors is rotated 90°.

1) Even at 1920 x 1080 the calendar view still scrolls. It would be nice to see the entire day. As is, I can't even see the entire workday!

2) Also, I haven't been able to reliably reproduce, but there seems to be a stickiness issue with the Reading Panel for the Inbox. It frequently disappears when I switch between the calendar and the Inbox or between mail folders. It seems like it may have something to do with the height of…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. let people change the initials button in mail, the ones i have aren't even mine

since the update, my mail initial button changed to someone else's. tried talking to tech support and they were absolutely useless. just kept saying i can't change it. well, now i have to change my email program because i have someone else's initials and name on my work email. good bye microsoft, hello APPLE!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sidebar: please remove "star" option to add/remove favorites...

It's a good idea to have Favorites, but implementation is wrong. Star button usually is clicked not because of I would to change the Favorites, but because of I would like to view the item. I would like not have such accidental clicks - please either remove it or make it working with a long click.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. would like to export blocked senders from Outlook to a text file (Office 365 - E3 subscription).

would like to export blocked senders from Outlook to a text file (Office 365 - E3 subscription).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please honor MacOS' copy & paste. The Microsoft way fails in common use cases.

Please honor the Mac's native copy & paste behavior. The Microsoft way fails in the common use case of selecting partial words.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MAKE YOUR ******* APP WORK!!!!!

Onedrive must be the worst storage system ever. Why is it do difficult to avoid freze and hangs. And why is it so difficult to prevent spam. Gmail works so much better. I have to say, I only have bad things to say about you!!

1) make word work on Macs. The template problem is horrible.
    2) make the one drive app work on iphone. To search and delete takes for ever. The same goes in browser.
    3) prevent spam and virus. I dont understand why this is so difficult.

YOU CHARGE Money for your service: Make it work!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Codepage in the name of attachment

Outlook v15.31.1
    If email contains EML attachments with subject in Russian, when open email, codepage will change to something else making the subject and embedded attachments unreadable

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the ability to look into colleagues calendars like on PC

On Office for PC I can easyly open the calendars of my colleagues within my organization and look up their shedule and if they are free or blocked or away (Without that anybody need to set up Reading or Writing Rights for me). It would be great if you can add this feature for Office on Mac too. Thanks and greetings from germany! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Don't show notifications for emails that are being deleted from a Rule

It's sort of the opposite of the "Allow notification for filtered messages" idea. I have rules to delete certain emails, and I'm still getting notifications for them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please reinstate the ability to subscribe to password-protected calendars.

In previous versions of Outlook, I was able to subscribe to calendars. While others have requested this functionality, I'd like to subscribe to password-protected calendars.

Specifically, I use OmniFocus, a project management application solely for OS X. One of it's features is calendar reminders. They automatically appear in my iPhone and iPad calendars, but do not appear in Outlook, which is the primary application I use for work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Exchange Block Sender Support

In Microsoft's infinite wisdom they have chosen to not support block sender with exchange accounts. I think this is a no brainer solution they need to add this. Now that I have subscripted to all my cat video blogs and other cat memes I can't block all the unwanted email communication. I am unable to block emails about dogs which I can't stand. This causes me issues, health issues as the stress of opening up my email and seeing a dog email without being able to block it. Please fix this allow me to block senders in exchange accounts if…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change the Outlook MacBook toucher defaults or allow customisation

The "send email" button on the MacBook touchbar in Outlook is a disaster. I frequently send unfinished emails with just a slip of a finger. Remove it, add a warning popup or allow customization of the toucher (preferably the latter).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base