OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

Outlook for Mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back Mail, Calendar, etc...

Bring back the words "Mail, Calendar, People" etc at the bottom of the sidebar instead of stupid icons. The words looked better. Macintosh Outlook doesn't have to look EXACTLY like the Windows version. You made it worse!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I suggest you provide a direct way to manually add or remove regularly used meeting rooms so that they are available at the bottom of the sc

Allow the user in Outlook to generate a regularly used list of meeting rooms that appear at the bottom of the Scheduling pane in the "Rooms" section. [Furthermore, it is not clear how the rooms that are currently shown actually are pre-populated. I'm assuming it is from the "Recent Rooms" list, but am not sure.]

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We should be able to whiteliest certificates that we trust whether or not they're signed by a trusted certificate authority.

We should be able to whiteliest certificates that we trust whether or not they're signed by a trusted certificate authority.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Expose Outlook library automatically to Excel VBA

Enable Excel VBA to see the Outlook library in References along with Word and PowerPoint

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow the ability to assign a different signature to different email accounts

What is the purpose of being able to have multiple email accounts, and multiple signatures if you can't assign a signature to an account? You used to be able to do this in Entourage so why can't you make this happen in Outlook? And who's bright idea was it to say "No, people don't need to do that"? Please put this feature back. I know you can manually do this in each email, but if you want to keep up with other programs such as Apple's Mail (which has this feature), you might want to consider doing this. Unless I'm…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. can not preview mov files in outlook 365/2016

I cannot preview mov video files in outlook 2016. I am told by Microsoft that Outlook 365/2016 is not designed to do so.

mov video files are a common video files - video files made by an apple device.

I have Outlook 365 for WINDOWS PC. I have many family and friends with apple devices who send me mov video files by email. 90% of the video files I receive in emails are mov files - I need to be able to preview them.

Previewing and opening email attachments are two completely different things. I can preview mp4 video files…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Send to all also in editing window

"Reply to all" button also in editing window
    mac mail has a nice feature to allow press button reply to all even in editing mode, in outlook one must start from scratch if pressed only reply.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Paste as Picture into Email

In Outlook for Windows, I could copy a portion of an Excel file and "Paste Special" into an email as a Picture file - which I do multiple times each day. This picture file could then be resized or moved within the email. That functionality is not present in Outlook 2016 for Mac. Please provide it.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ability to save emiual messages in OS X , finder folders

ability to save email messages in OS X , finder folders

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am unable to see the Reply or Forwarded mail: Once I receive a mail, i may reply or forward based on situation. After its done, "and then

I am unable to see the Reply or Forwarded mail. For instance: Once I receive a mail, i may reply or forward to someone based on situation. After its done, the original mail header shows, "Show reply" but when i click it, it doesnt show anything. pls do the neeedful.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How about a working sharing permissions with Office 365?

Calendar sharing never seems to honor the permissions set via outlook or work properly. I am forced to go into Office 365 portal to fix. Very, very confusing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. please support "Replies will automatically be directed to" feature for Mac

please support "Replies will automatically be directed to" feature for Mac

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide the ability to turn off formatting marks

Provide the ability to turn off formatting marks. Somehow i've turned it on with a keyboard shortcut, but cannot find anywhere/way of turning it off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. clutter

Bring the Clutter folder to the top of the folder list so that users are more likely to spot it. I love the Clutter feature but many of our users want to disable it because they find it to difficult to use. If it was closer to the inbox, they would be more likely to see it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow user to unsubscribe from Gmail All Mail folder

Outlook 2016 for Mac version 15.21.1 introduced an archive feature. However this has has a terrible consequence for Gmail accounts. Microsoft has now enforced Gmail accounts to be subscribed to the All Mail folder, which means:
    1. Outlook now downloads and stores duplicates of ever email message
    2. The search feature and conversation threads now show two copies of every email message.
    3. Disk usage is now doubled.
    4. Bandwidth usage is now doubled.

This is a really poor outcome for Gmail users. Please make it possible to unsubscribe from the All Mail folder to prevent this duplication.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Copy/paste a Goto Meeting Invite gives me a lot of weird characters

When I copy/paste a Goto Meeting from my web browser into an Outlook message, I get gibberish, like this:

ko if: meetingSettings().audio.audioType === 'voip' /ko ko if: (meetingSettings().audio.audioType === 'pstn' || meetingSettings().audio.audioType === 'voipAndPstn')
    ko text:'share.dialin' | i18nYou can also dial in using your phone./ko ko text:'countries.' + $data.country | i18nUnited States/ko ko if: $data.tollFree /ko ko if: !$data.tollFree +1 (571) 317-3116 /ko
    ko text:'meetings.phonenumberchange.invitation.accesscode' | i18nAccess Code/ko: 671-999-555

But what I want is:

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/671999555

You can also dial in using your phone.
    United States +1 (571) 317-3116

Access Code:…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Outlook 2016 should behave like a modern Mac application

Outlook should behave like a modern Mac application and remember all of the windows you previously had open when launching Outlook.

I frequently have 5 to 10 emails open in separate windows. Some are existing messages that I need to reply to and some are ones that I am currently replying to. And yes I know that the ones you are working on are saved as drafts and you can add reminders to work on others, etc. but if these windows aren't re-opened after I launch Outlook I will often forget I have drafts I am working on or forget…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. dk

LYNC (Skype for Business)

IF "Lync Status" = "Busy" or "Do Not Disturb" THEN set "OS X Status" to "Do Not Disturb" ELSE "None"

Send to DEV Team. They will understand.

Best Regards
    Odd

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?