OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Categories

To be able to mark several appointments, mails etc. and then click ONE TIME at ONE category. Foolish to remove that from 2011 version, so you have to click one at a time.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Date Received Format Configurable

The default format necessitates keeping the column size fairly wide in order to see what time the message was received. I would like the format to be configurable so that I can reduce the column size. Some examples:
    - Show the time without the date & day (`1:16 PM`)
    - Show the date & time but not the day (`8/24/16, 1:16 PM`)
    - Show a different format for the date (`Wed 8/24, 1:16 PM`)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add an option to have Outlook send a daily/weekly summary of events and tasks that has essential details for offline use.

This could include Event or Task title, time, location, event organizer contact info and the content of the event in case it has webex type details.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Rich Text Formatting to Calendar Invites

One of the features that I miss from the days I was able to use Outlook on Windows is the ability to format the text of Calendar invites, whether appointments or meetings.

It would be great to have the same ability to control the font, font size, bold, italic, underline, colors, bulleting, numbering, etc., through a toolbar that you do when creating new e-mail messages.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. RPC over HTTP

please provide the RPC over HTTP, since i still cannot connect with my email in mobile tethering mode

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. attachment

when you set outlook mac to fullscreen mode, you will find it impossible to drag and drop an attachment from one mail to a new mail. let me explain it more clear: first, you click one item from the inbox pane, and the content of that mail will be shown properly in the read pane, and you can see the attachment there too; second, you want to reply this mail, so you click "reply" and you see another new window floating on the center of screen, now you want to add someone new to the mail loop to let them…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Highlight All Other Emails in a Conversation When an Email is Selected

If your inbox is organized by Date Received, when you select a message, then all the other messages in that Conversation should be highlighted slightly. So you can quickly scroll through your inbox and see if there have been any other emails in that chain. Older versions of Outlook had this helpful feature, but it's been removed in the current version (v 15.24 is what I have).

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve Functionality

Why do you insist on hobbling the functionality of Outlook for Mac relative to Windows? It is more likely to drive users away than bring them back to PC. Functions such as comprehensive rules and read receipts are not exotic. Nor is a full host of formatting capabilities within the body of an email. Mac users chose this platform for a reason, and removing features only serves to validate this choice.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. macro recording

Please add the macro recording feature to the Mac build

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. put back the ability to have a folder open when dragging an email and hovering over it

put back the ability to automatically open folders with multiple sub folders simply by dragging an email from the inbox and hovering over the destination folder that contains the sub folders...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reinstate the ability to delete attachments from emails

The latest version removed the ability to delete attachments from email - I always save attachments that I want to keep in cloud storage rather than make my mailbox huge...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support for mass-categorizing search results. I can mass-categorize emails in a folder, but not in search results.

Support for mass-categorizing search results. I can mass-categorize emails in a folder, but not in search results, the button is grayed out.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When renaming a folder or creating a folder, that folder should not automatically get selected when trying to name change.

When re-naming a folder or creating a folder, that folder should not automatically get selected when trying to name change. Users should be able to change the name of a folder or create a new folder without the mail program selecting that program automatically. Thank you!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it easier to designate a safe sender so they're not routed to junk e-mail

Make it easier to designate safe senders so they're not automatically routed to junk e-mail

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Speed up meeting invite creates

When a user is creating a meeting invite, I suggest you cache the schedules of the people on the invite list while I am creating the invite rather than make me sit and wait unitl I click on the "Scheduling Assistance" tab (which I need to do every time I create a meeting).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable rules/automatic formatting for calendar items to automatically color code meetings by subject

Enable rules/automatic formatting for calendar items to automatically color code meetings by keyword

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add additional e-mail recipients to Calendar Response

When using the "Respond with Comments" option to accept or decline a meeting, I am requesting the ability to add additional e-mail recipients to the response email. It is common to want to notify people other than the meeting organizer of the specific calendar response.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. add more formatting options

In Outlook for windows, the formatting toolbar was incredible. I miss the ability to use the heading styles, organize lists alphabetically, rearrange text from all caps to sentence case etc.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base