OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add preference to turn off Dark Mode in Outlook

Need an Outlook specific preference to turn off Dark Mode

866 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Completed  ·  146 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resolve a bug I see in Outlook for Mac v16.29 on MacOS Mojave (10.14.6)

there’s a bug in Outlook for Mac v16.29 (19090802). on macOS Mojave’s 10.14.6. When trying to save an attachment from an email, two finder windows are opened. I’ve reproduced and have video

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using Outlook for Mac.

If you are currently using the Insider Fast version or willing to opt in please contact the in-app support team for further assistance. You can contact in-app support by going to the Help tab at the top of your screen> then choose Outlook Help from the drop down menu.

If you are currently Insider Slow, Production, or those words don’t mean anything to you and you’re not sure, please refer to our answers forum by using the following link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macoutlook/

We look forward to assisting you with your questions in those locations. J

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We…

3. Why the Outlook 2011 can not update manually and under auto mode?

Why the Outlook 2011 can not update manually and under auto mode?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using Outlook for Mac.

If you are currently using the Insider Fast version or willing to opt in please contact the in-app support team for further assistance. You can contact in-app support by going to the Help tab at the top of your screen> then choose Outlook Help from the drop down menu.

If you are currently Insider Slow, Production, or those words don’t mean anything to you and you’re not sure, please refer to our answers forum by using the following link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macoutlook/

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

4. Fix many issues with latest version

Fix many issues with latest update:
    - Search gets corrupted, need to uninstall, re-install account to force re-indexing
    - When transferring, FROM and TO have disappeared
    - When hitting a key to search alphabetically in the email list, nothing happens
    - Recommend a Dark Mode Switch; not taking for granted that I want Outlook in Dark Mode because my session is

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

5. Drag and Drop email to create new item

On the Windows based version of Outlook you can drag and drop emails to either the calendar, tasks, or contacts to create new items. The subject of the email becomes the calendar or task subject and the body of the email goes in the notes field.

Bring this functionality to the Mac version so that drag and dropping of emails works to other areas of Outlook.

2,506 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    80 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. gestures

Please could you add Mac swipe gestures i.e: in Mac mail you can swipe right to delete a message and swipe left to archive it etc.

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone, we have now release the support for gestures to the Insider Slow ring, however, they only support archive & delete. Please see here for details – https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Outlook-Blog/Insider-Slow-Several-UI-UX-improvements-in-Outlook-for-Mac/ba-p/143547

This will be released to production soon. Please continue to vote on the need for customization, to help us better prioritize our work :)

7. Avoid crashing EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!

I usually don't log out when I leave for the day; I just lock my screen. EVERY MORNING, OUTLOOK HAS CRASHED!

What happened to the great email client from the 90s? This is a pile of poo.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

8. Full Support for Groups

Full support for Groups in 365

394 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ADAL / MFA

The Outlook for Mac client needs to support Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). The other Mac Office 2016 clients have support, why was support not included in Outlook. This is a very important enterprise feature, please work to quickly support it.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. support RTL language such as Hebrew and Arabic

native support for native RTL is critical to effectively use Office.
    Lack of this feature forces the usage of other alternative (Pages?) and complicates things since you create in Pages and export to word/pdf when sharing with others.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Outlook for mac 2016 activate update 16.17 (180909)

I did a recent update to my outlook for mac 2016. I can still run word, excel on volume license, but all of a sudden, I am being asked to "ACTIVATE" my outlook account??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

12. Make Swipe to Reveal Delete Optional

I find the new swipe to reveal Delete/Trash too easy to accidentally trigger. Please add a setting to turn off Swipe Gestures.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news.

You can now customize message list swipe gestures. Under Preferences > Reading > Swipe Gestures you can choose from Delete, Archive, Mark as Read, Flag, or None.

This is available starting in our March production release, version 16.11

Thanks,
    Outlook for Mac team

13. Fix bug in office.js support for custom properties

So in my Outlook Add-In (Office.js) I'm setting some custom properties to an calendar event, using following code:

const item = Office.context.mailbox.item;
    item.loadCustomPropertiesAsync((result) => {
    const props = result.value;
    props.set("my_prop", "some value");
    props.saveAsync((saveResult) => {
    console.log("SAVE_CUSTOM_PROP", saveResult);
    });
    });

And it works fine, on a newly created event, after I save it and open it again, I can access the custom property value using following code:

const item = Office.context.mailbox.item;
    item.loadCustomPropertiesAsync((result) => {
    const props = result.value;
    const my_data = props.get("my_prop");
    console.log(my_data);
    });

**However** when I open an **existing event**, with or without custom properties being set, the custom properties…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

We look forward to assisting you with your questions in those locations. 

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We are unfortunately not able to see replies…

14. Set up Outlook and all of Office for Mac to work with the new MacBook Pro Touch-bar

Set up Outlook and all of Office for Mac to work with the new MacBook Pro Touch-bar

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  23 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

We look forward to assisting you with your questions in those locations. 

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We are unfortunately not able to see replies…

16. Error if not in full screen

I can't send or open emails if I'm not using Outlook in full screen mode. This happened after one of the updates I beginning of March. Using a MacBook Pro 13" Retina Touchbar. When I use Outlook in Full Screen mode it works. but that limits me in some other ways.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

We look forward to assisting you with your questions in those locations.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We are unfortunately not able to see replies to…

17. Bug in @mentioning - It does not select the first one in the list, instead selects the last one

Bug in @mentioning - It does not select the first one in the list, instead selects the last one or the person that is visible in the list

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

We look forward to assisting you with your questions in those locations.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We are unfortunately not able to see replies to…

18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

19. Display bullet icons properly

Several of the bullet-point list icons do not display correctly when viewing content in Outlook. You can create emails and other content using bulleted lists and they are displayed fine, but when reading email, notes, etc, they show up as a section symbol "§" or other uncommon symbols... sometimes question marks or just a lowercase "o" and no formatting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

20. energy consumption

Correct issues with energy consumption. Outlook for Mac is the biggest consumer of energy on my MacBook Pro. The average energy image is ~40.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base