OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize ribbon

Provide an ability to customize the ribbon, like moving features around. I wanted to move the SEND button farther to the right but can't.

1,709 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    74 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook for Mac should respect system audio output device setting

All notification sounds from Outlook for Mac are played over my built-in speakers, even though my bluetooth headphones are selected as the sound output device. I would expect Outlook for Mac to respect this setting and play all sounds over the selected system output device.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Correct Anomaly: Event details randomly copy into calendar description field

There is an anomaly in Microsoft Outlook for Mac version 16.49 (21050901). When double-clicking on events in the calendar, sometimes the event information (Subject / Location / Time) is copied into the description field. This is unwelcome as it interferes with and often copies into existing content in the description field. This appears to happen randomly. In testing this, the same actions taken repeatedly do not always produce this anomaly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show calendar in action bar on right side of home view

On my Windows PC there is an option for the action bar to be calendar. This way I can see my calendar in the same view as my inbox. As I have up to 12 meetings a day, you are forcing me to flip between my inbox view and calendar to check meeting times.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stop asking me to sign up for the new Outlook

I have no doubt that the new Outlook will be great, when it supports all email protocols. Until then, please stop flashing up a notice that I must manually clear asking me to try the new version.

Please also remove the button at the top of the interface inviting me to switch versions. When the new version is actually ready for use, I'll be happy to switch to it.

Since I did not sign up to try Beta versions of your software, I do not want to be regularly reminded to do so.

Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow us to Customize the RIBBON and Quick Access Toolbar

Reorganize your ribbon so that functions are grouped together, OR better yet, allow users to customize their ribbons and quick access toolbars for their own needs as users on a Windows platform can!

598 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. make it possible to integrate custom email-accounts in the new Outlook styling

In the existing (old) Outlook Design I have a customer Account email and calendar integrated that helps me to have a good overview over my mails and appointments.
    as soon as I switch to the "new Outlook" the customer account email and calendar are not shown any more. It seems so be a bug, because all other informations are displayed right.
    Please make it possible to fetch ALL saved data like mail accounts and calendar integrations also in the new design style.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide the basic functionality that was available 11 years ago in the Windows version of Outlook 2010.

My idea is that we move beyond the "bake sale" mentality of polling the public and that your developers sit down and replicate the base line functionality that I have been use to FOR A DECADE by using Outlook 2010. This "version" of Outlook is simply pathetic. And what ****** me off the most is that YOU ALL KNOW IT. Stop playing games and put a professional piece of software in the marketplace for Mac users.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. App Icon

Shouldn't your Outlook desktop app icon have the same transparent background as the other Office for Mac apps? Mine's white. Looks weird.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow users to turn OFF "Select Entire Word"

I often need to precisely select and copy text out of emails, but unlike MS Word, there does not appear to be an option in Outlook to turn off the "Select Entire Word" functionality. As a result, I have to copy chunks of text from Outlook, paste them into a text editing application and then select exactly the characters I need, or I'm forced to spend extra time deleting the extra characters from whatever application I have pasted them in. This is extremely frustrating behavior for some of us and shouldn't be forced on the users with no option to…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve UI of meeting invitation

Hi there I just want to feedback about the UI of the meeting invitation. I have to take some time to find the way to accepte the meeting so I think it's not a good UI for the user that you hide all the button in the RSVP button

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The icons are difficult to discern with the large white border ... Outlook in particular difficult to see message status on icon.

Remove the white border surrounding the program icons. Makes them difficult to discern and distracting, at any size, in the dock ... particularly with Outlook in trying to discern the message status overlay at a quick glance.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Outlook Profile Manager won't open after today's update

Outlook Profile Manager won't open after today's update (11 May 2021)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Favoriten in Outlook Family for MAC

it should be possible to set the favorites in Outlook Family for Mac. Today the favorites are scrolled up with. It is therefore not purposeful to use favorites at all.
    The favorites should be set as with Outlook for windows (Microsoft Offive Provessional Plus 2016).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it possible to toggle mail and calender view on/off

When you have several mailaccounts it would be so nice to choose what should be shown in Outlook. Example: I have a workmail/exchangeaccount that I have added to my private Outlook along with my private mail-accounts to be able to see my (work)calender. But I do not want to see my work-mails on my private Mac. It would be fantastic to be able choose what to see.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I suggest If one selects to “block contact” then this should automatically add an email to a “blocked list” - as it sounds, not move to junk

If one selects to “block contact” then this should automatically add an email to a “blocked list” - as it sounds, not move to junk box - instead of manually having to go into Admin panel, and then add each senders email into the Admin panel / blocked list - that seems ridiculous and not user friendly at all. If Microsoft does allow the blocked contact function, it should remove the function all together.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable to choose due date for flag

When flagging an email, it should be possible to set a due date for follow up

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. create quiet hours for the Mac app like you do for the iOS app.

I teach from home, and I would like to be able to turn off mail notifications at 430 everyday automatically. I'd like for them to come back on automatically at 8am. I can do this on MS Teams. Perhaps an "Office Hours" that extends to push notifications on both the Mac and iOS apps would be helpful thanks!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Restore On My Computer Files

For some crazy reason, Office for Mac is removing widely used features. It's like they don't understand how customers use their products. Old Word and ppt for example used to open files the way they were closed. Now you have to reformat every time you open the same file. They must be outsourcing software upgrade to save money.

Re Outlook, many people use On My Computer Folders. They allow back ups and saving of email stored on servers. Mac Mail allows unlimited folders for storing old emails. Why did Outlook remove this feature? It's another sign of incompetence.

Currently Outlook…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories