OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize ribbon

Provide an ability to customize the ribbon, like moving features around. I wanted to move the SEND button farther to the right but can't.

1,670 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    71 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook for Mac should respect system audio output device setting

All notification sounds from Outlook for Mac are played over my built-in speakers, even though my bluetooth headphones are selected as the sound output device. I would expect Outlook for Mac to respect this setting and play all sounds over the selected system output device.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to Customize the RIBBON and Quick Access Toolbar

Reorganize your ribbon so that functions are grouped together, OR better yet, allow users to customize their ribbons and quick access toolbars for their own needs as users on a Windows platform can!

585 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop asking me to sign up for the new Outlook

I have no doubt that the new Outlook will be great, when it supports all email protocols. Until then, please stop flashing up a notice that I must manually clear asking me to try the new version.

Please also remove the button at the top of the interface inviting me to switch versions. When the new version is actually ready for use, I'll be happy to switch to it.

Since I did not sign up to try Beta versions of your software, I do not want to be regularly reminded to do so.

Thanks.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to turn OFF "Select Entire Word"

I often need to precisely select and copy text out of emails, but unlike MS Word, there does not appear to be an option in Outlook to turn off the "Select Entire Word" functionality. As a result, I have to copy chunks of text from Outlook, paste them into a text editing application and then select exactly the characters I need, or I'm forced to spend extra time deleting the extra characters from whatever application I have pasted them in. This is extremely frustrating behavior for some of us and shouldn't be forced on the users with no option to…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable to choose due date for flag

When flagging an email, it should be possible to set a due date for follow up

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Extension Idea

I would love to have an extension that allows me to email a webpage directly from Google Chrome using Microsoft Outlook.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Retain "Follow Up" keyboard shortcut hierarchy of old Outlook interface

The protocol for a quick keymapping sequence, for example, <control>-1 to mark a message for follow up with varying delays of chronological alert (using higher and higher numbers) was dropped with the "new" Outlook interface ree-design and replaced with a single, un-ordered, key mapping of <control>-0, with no hierarchy of importance inherent or quickly coded into the message, I abandoned the "new" interface on the basis of this one change. It is not an improvement, but a regression.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Responding to your support questions.....

I have been waiting for more than a day. My technician (Amrit) seems to have given up and left me hanging.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I suggest you find a way to make the Outlook for Mac accounts' databases less storage space hungry

It currently takes way more space to store an equal number of emails in Outlook for Mac than it does in Outlook for Windows, so it would be of enormous help if you could remedy this disparity

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. create quiet hours for the Mac app like you do for the iOS app.

I teach from home, and I would like to be able to turn off mail notifications at 430 everyday automatically. I'd like for them to come back on automatically at 8am. I can do this on MS Teams. Perhaps an "Office Hours" that extends to push notifications on both the Mac and iOS apps would be helpful thanks!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Editable menu band items, or make it at least scrollable - it is useless in full screen mode

There is a big issue with Outlook for MAC in full screen mode. If you start creating a meeting not all items in the menu band are accessible as they are outside the windows.
    E.g. if you have a common extension like Cisco WebEx, you are NOT able to add a WebEx meeting when you started creating a normal meeting. This is due to the fact that the new item is outside the window.
    Only solution is to get the whole app out of full screen mode, search for the window with the newly created meeting adapt, send and get…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. conversion lotus notes to outlook file

If you are searching the software for NSF to PST Conversion so quickly download the wonderful eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter software that securely works for conversion lotus notes to outlook file and supports all NSF file versions up to 9.1 and MS Outlook file versions included- 97, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. NSF to PST Software will convert NSF file to PST file, EML, MSG, HTML, EMLX, MBOX, vCal, ICS, vCard and many more formats.

Read More:- https://www.nsftopstconverter.esofttools.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. i suggest you make provision for outlook to keep old saved files

Not migrating old files to new outlook isa useless idea .
    need to be able to see previous important mail makes new outlook a waste of time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Integration with OSX Notifications

Integrate with the OSX notification system.

The current custom meeting pop up reminders don't appear properly over other windows when outlook is full screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If there are emails on screen, but the main window is closed / minimized, don't raise the main window if someone clicks the Dock icon.

If a user has intentionally closed or minimized the main window but is actively composing several emails on screen, and they click the Dock icon, don't raise the main Outlook window or open it again UNLESS it is the only possible option (i.e.: all other emails are done and nothing else is on screen except the 'upcoming events' pane).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. advanced filters in new outlook

In the new outlook , the advanced search is not present and creating complex search filters is almost impossible. I'd like to see the advanced filtering option again. The one that is there as advanced, is not advanced at all, it just shows more fields. There is also no clear guidance in how to use AND OR NOT operators in them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Best tool to recover your Exchange database

The help of a tool to recover your Exchange database is to let you recover all the Exchange database information like mails, journals, tasks, notes, calendar, contacts etc... It must also ensure that all email properties such as cc, bcc, subject, time etc should be recovered without fail.
    This is where a tried and tested Exchange Recovery tool like Enstella can come to your aid. Download and install the free trial version of Enstella to test out all the features that it has to offer for you. The free demo version allows for export of upto 25 items per folder/…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Outlook steals focus

Outlook is very greedy with focus. Whenever you dismiss or "snooze" a reminder it brings Outlook into the foreground even if you were not using outlook at the time the reminder modal pops up.

This makes the reminders popup not very useful. Every time I get a reminder and dismiss it, Outlook decides to bring my emails and outlook windows into the foreground, which I then have to close to get back to what I was doing (and what the reminder was for in the first place).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base