OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook contacts sync to Skype for Business

It would be great if the contact I have in Outlook (Exchange) synced to Skype for Business

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. enabling to record academical title or others into Contact Cards / Details (Field Title)

As on Windows and Webversion it should be possible to record the "academical" Title (not the Company Internal Position/Job Name) into the Contact details.

f.e. like Mr. Dr. Michael Jefferson

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open FaceTime, iMessage or Skype from within Outlook when selecting "Start a video call" or "IM"

Open FaceTime, iMessage or Skype from within Outlook when selecting "Start a video call" or "IM"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support Labels for Google (Gmail) contacts / people

Google contacts (like mail) uses labels for categorization of people.
    Please also support the function in Outlook People.
    At least sync the information and make it available for smart folders, or also have the ability to update the information in Outlook directly.

Thanks and keep on the great work of constantly improving Office for Mac :-)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use created contact’s names in your inbox, to makes it easier to navigate

My inbox is currently as mix of different email addresses, or names that users have given themselves. I had hoped that the names that you see in your inbox could be those that you have assigned to certain email addresses within your contacts - so it is as if you were checking your text messages on your phone.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Merging contacts is not a feature yet in Outlook for Mac...

Sorry, merging contacts is not a feature yet in Outlook for Mac unlike the Windows version which has the function already. For now, you can only manually remove them in the app. This would be a nice add-on thought and I encourage you to request this feature to our Dev team via the UserVoice channel. -> https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

Thank you and please let me know if you have other questions or are we good to archive this already?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sync Outlook Contacts to Mac Address Book

Please add the functionality to sync Outlook Contacts to the Mac Address Book. This functionality used to exist in Entourage, but is more important now than ever for compatibility with Intune Conditional Access.

I know this syncing was removed because Apple deprecated iSync.

This functionality should ideally support wiping downloaded contacts in the event that Outlook is wiped by MDM.

222 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for Chinese users on contact display order

Outlook for Mac.
    Names of contacts on Outlook for Mac can only be displayed in "first name - last name" order.

For us Chinese users, it would be more convenient to show contacts names in the order of "last name - first name". Now, names of contacts are showed in "last name - first name" on the web and on outlook for windows in Chinese, but on Mac the order is wrong.

Hope new settings for this can be added in coming versions.

Outlook for Mac中联系人的显示是名字+姓氏,不符合中文的阅读习惯,也没有相关的设置可以更改。希望在之后的版本中能加入设置,在中文的情况下可以将联系人的显示改为姓氏+名字。

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add "New Contact for Same Company" option

With the PC version, you can create a new contact from an existing one by select something like New Contact for Same Company and it fills in the address and company name so you can just quickly add details for that person.

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to import and export contacts

Please add the ability to import and export contacts in Outlook for Mac. It'd be great if the formats that one could import and export contacts to were the same as the options on Outlook on Windows. This would make it easy to transition back and forth, particularly for folks who are switching platforms for work.

3,877 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    251 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support Google Global Address

We use Google Apps for our domain, and I want to use Outlook (for Mac) rather than a browser... but that means while I have access to my personal contacts I don't have the GAL for the domain so if I want to email someone I have to know their email address (or add them to my contacts and sync) ... would be great if Outlook could sync the GAL as well as personal contacts

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make vCard sharing with Apple Mac Contacts Drag and Drop

I would like to be able to drag a vCard (vcf) to and from Apple's Contact's program. at this point it can only be done indirectly by saving to the desktop and then dragging it into Apple Contacts. What a pain. and NO I don't want to synchronize the two directories. I have seen problems with that and DO NOT TRUST Microsoft to not ***** it up. Therefore, I keep the pure data in Apple and copy over person by person to Microsoft

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Be able to change the order of first name and last name in the "Name" field in Contact list

Be able to change the order of first name and last name in the "Name" field in Contact list to support other countries' name conventions

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Store "businesses" as well as contacts

Storing businesses that we don't necessarily have contacts at, like favorite out of town restaurants, boutiques, stores etc..

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. MERGE CONTACT AND NOTES TAB IN PEOPLE

HOW MANY YEARS IS IT GOING TO BE BEFORE THE CONTACT SHEET IS SIMILAR TO WINDOWS. THE NOTES TAB SHOULD BE ON THE CONTACT TAB IN PEOPLE (FOR EACH CONTACT). I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SWITCH BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN TABS JUST TO ENTER INFORMATION. PLEASE FINALLY UPDATE OUTLOOK AND MAKE IT BEHAVE LIKE THE WINDOWS VERSION. I PAY YOU MORONS EACH YEAR FOR YOUR ****** SOFTWARE AND YOU MAKE NO REAL UPDATES TO THE SOFTWARE WHATSOEVER.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to search by person

in the search bar, when you type in a name or contact, results show all the emails you have received from that person

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. move suggested contacts feature

Hi,
    I noticed recently that there is not a way to easily move Suggested Contacts into my regular Contacts, as is the case in Outlook for PC. It would be great to be able to do this.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Integrate Outlook Contacts with Linkedin Contacts

Now that Microsoft owns Linkedin, it would be extremely helpful if Outlook was the primary sync point for all contact information. Within the notes section, place a summary of the positions held from the Linkedin profile. Synchronizing contact information and keeping profile info in one spot would make looking up contacts with specific skills, job titles, backgrounds, companies, etc much easier. Plus, making it perform the sync in the background would help keep contacts fresh.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Alphabetize categories "arrange by" view in contacts for Mac 365 2016.

Alphabetize categories "arrange by" view in contacts for Mac 365 2016.

Available in windows version of Outlook 2007, 2010 , 2013 and 2016.

Also, number of contacts per category.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories