OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add wedding dates to contacts personal information

Be able to add contact wedding dates and more information in a contact card just like Birthdays, Age, Date1, Date2, etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. adding contact

In previous versions I could add a contact from an email to my local address book by selecting the recipient and adding contact. Not sure if I haven't found it yet, but not as intuitive to add the contact local from an email with this version as it has been in previous versions of the client.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Possibility of changing the display name of a contact. currently it is saved as they decided, not as saved in my contact list.

Eg a contact has his display name as Macbook but in my contacts it is John Doe. So in inbox currently it shows as Macbook.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support searching Address List/GAL by using Advanced Search like Outlook for Windows

Make searching the Global Address List (GAL) the same on Mac/OWA as in Windows. In Windows you can search for someone in the GAL using their Office, Title or another field.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Save Contacts to Address Book of default account

Whenever a user saves a contact from vcard, it should be saved in the default accounts address book instead of saving it locally.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. provide the ability to duplicate a contact's address and company name to a new contact working for the same company at the same location.

On Mac Outlook, provide the ability to duplicate a contact's address and company name to a new contact working for the same company at the same location.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make initials icon color editable

Currently the circular icons with initials of your contacts are randomly assigned a colour. It would be useful if the colours could be assigned by the user so that e.g. Bob Scott who works for Yellow Cabs is yellow and Bill Smith who works for Brown's Brewery is brown, and not randomly the opposite or some other irrelevant colour. That way you could associate the right BS with the right person or company.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Contact Category COLOR should match its selected Category Color.

The color of the Contact Bubbles (circles) displayed in the People list in Outook for Mac 2016 (365), should match the color of the category set for those individual contacts. WHY in the world would Microsoft engineers assign random rainbow colors, that have zero purpose or relation to the contact's identity, when those contacts already have a color (of importance) tied to their selected category?! Just Reference (or use) Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 for an hour to understand how and why that contact category color is so important and useful (for inboxes, contact lists and calendars). At the very…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Map Options in order to see the location of your contacts in relationship to others, groups and indviduals

Bing or google map option so that you can view your contacts as groups in relationship to each other on a map for trip and planning purposes

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Hierarchy Address Book for global address book

Add Hierarchy Address Book for global address book

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Re: Outlook using WRONG Display Name on outgoing emails.

Outlook is making the assumption that I want my name attached to all my emails. It's attaching the wrong display name to all my outgoing emails.

Its showing "John Doe <sales@abccompany.com>".

But I specifically set it to show "ABC Company <sales@abccompany.com>".

If I set the Display Name of my email account to ABC Company then all my emails should be from ABC Company. However, Outlook 2016 mac (version 16.10 - 180210) is creating a new "Me" profile in my Contacts and saying all my company emails are from me or John Doe instead. This is very…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support CardDAV (not just Google but all CardDav servers)

Add support to allow Outlook address book to sync with a CardDAV server. Eg. I have a CardDAV server on my Synology NAS. Mac Contacts can connect to it but Outlook for Mac can not.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow pasting of an excel or google sheet column of emails into a new contact group!

Would be AMAZING if we could copy and paste a whole column of email addresses from an excel column or google sheet column right into outlook contact group. It doesn’t let you do that. You have to copy and paste every single one. That is lame. Why can’t we import an email list or paste an emails list right into it? Even better would be in Excel if it recognized that it was a list of emails for the column then one option with right click or export or share or something like that built into excel would be ‘create…

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add more control over the "Recent Addresses" or "Auto-Complete" Feature

I would like to suggest adding more control over these features. Specifically adding the ability to turn the feature off completely. Also to add a feature to prevent certain addresses from being added to the list. Like a blacklist, to prevent junk emails from populating constantly and peoples personal email addresses. This would help prevent sending emails to the wrong addresses.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support for Directory address book to sync from Google to Outlook

My company is using Google mail for our corporate email system. I would like to see the ability to sync the Directory address book as well as "My Contacts"

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need to have an ability to add images in contact notes.

We should be able to add the images to the notes section of any contact as we can do in Windows Outlook.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support for Gmail Global Address List

Gmail Contacts can be in shared company Global Address Lists, just like Exchange. Outlook doesn't query or sync these lists, so I can't look up anybody's contact info.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. have the ability to disable autocomplete feature for email as it's remembering emails for all emails received even junk mail, don't need it.

Have the option to remove auto complete for emails. It's remembering all email addresses of emails received and sent and no need to have junk mail remembered! It's also duplicating email addresses and creating new contact cards even though the contact's email is in their card.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base