OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

Outlook for Mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Poll the time zone setting for meeting invitees

It would be swell if Outlook could pull the current time zone setting for a user that I've added to my meeting request, and allow me to reference their local time when selecting an appropriate meeting time.

I work for a global company and regularly have conference calls with folks around the world, as well as people hopping around the globe. It would be super helpful to see the time zone someone is currently in, and the local time of each in the scheduler UI, so I can select a meeting time that isn't at 2am for someone.

Currently I…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable options for displaying descriptions in Calendar / More options in general

It would be great if there were more options for information displayed on the events on the calendar.

For example, when in work week view it would be nice to be able to see the title of the even and then below have the option to view :
    - description

Or, a the very least, make these option available when when printing the calendar to paper or PDF...

Thanks for all your hard work!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Additional colors for shared calendar & make them dark when showing active calendar

There should be more colors for shared calendars and the colors don’t get dark enough when clicking on a calendar. I have to monitor 15 employee’s schedules to cover phones and make appointments it’s important that I know where they are at a glance. Can you add my requests to a wish list for future updates? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide a meal option when scheduling a meeting

Provide a provision of ‘Does this meeting include a meal’ when scheduling a meeting. If it is set as ‘Yes’ by the organizer then folks receiving the invite respond with ‘Vegetarian Meal’ or ‘Non-Vegetarian’ or ‘No Meal’ along with the Accept/Decline/Tentative response. This keeps the organizer's focus on the meeting's content while Outlook takes care of the ancillary aspects.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disable Catagories in shared Calendars.

There should be a way to turn off the categories for shared calendars. This seems like an invasion of privacy. Why would others need to see individuals categories? There should also be more colors and the colors don’t get dark enough when clicking on a calendar. I monitor 15 employee’s schedules to cover phones and make appointments, it’s important that I know where they are at a glance. This makes it impossible. Can you add my requests to a wish list for future updates? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a button with pull-down menu to calendar which displays the number of invitations similar as available on Calendar for mac.

MAC calendar has a button with pull-down menu displaying the number of open invitations. The corresponding pull-down menu lists the invitations and has the buttons to accept, reject etc.
    A similar feature is available for lightening on Thunderbird.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "window shade" option for private events in outlook calendar

I would like to have a "window shade" option for my private events in Outlook Calendar. Sometimes, when I'm scheduling appointments with other people on my desktop computer, the person can see my entire calendar, private events and all (even though they are hidden from delegates). I would like to have a 1-click feature that applies a window shade to my private events so that others looking at my computer screen cannot read them. Currently, I label those events as "personal" and then hide them from view. However, that doesn't always work because I need to see my personal events…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A better support of Skype for Business on Mac - joining meeting from Outlook for Mac

Seamless integration as in Windows to easily setup and join meetings

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow me to delete an appt for a conference room I no longer have access to book

I was previously in a building in which all conf rooms were restricted. Our admin book some time from the room for a recurring meeting. Later, I moved to a new team at the same company, but now I cannot delete this appt. When I attempt to do so, I got a message stating I am not allowed to book this restricted conf room. Now I get no response, but the meeting stays on my calendar. Maybe my calendar is corrupted?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mac 365- Add BACK a small day list view that can be seen at the same time as reading email

Mac 365- Add BACK a small day list view that can be seen at the same time as reading email

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Able to add attachments (e.g. drag-and-drop) within an appointment

When creating an appointment for myself, ability to add an attached document(s)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatically reject calendar conflicts for users

Bring back feature for both Windows and Macs to be able to select automatically delete conflicting calendar invites. We all know half the people who send invites don't look to see if you are available or already booked and this will eliminate double or triple booking users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We require the ability the export Calendar items to something other than an OLM file, like XLS for example

I would like to export my calendar items to an XLS file but Outlook only allows export to an OLM file, useless to anybody unless wanting to archive. Outlook won't even allow you to copy/paste your calendar items (in list format) to XLS. Native Mac Mail and Calendar allow it, would be great if Microsoft could do the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Calendar Style: Agenda

Add the calendar style/layout to Office 365 version options for viewing and printing. Use this a lot in Microsoft version and miss it on Office 365 - iOS.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Notes and calendar

It would be nice, we can add a note with out taking the outlook way ... so that you can add a note to a meeting after you create it in note. An why can't we see all notes in the calendar ?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remember my selection on Subscribed Public Folders in Calendar

I subscribe to a Public Folder. I uncheck it because I don't need to see the events/appointments on the Public Folder very often. When I leave the Calendar and come back the Public Folder is always checked again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to set default meeting duration to either 25 or 55 minutes

It is impossible to change conference rooms in time when meetings are back to back. It would be helpful to allow setting the default time to either 25 or 55 minutes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)