OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When searching in the sent folder the parameter should be defaulted as "to:" vs "from:"

When I search for an email I've sent to a specific person in the sent folder the default parameter is "from:" which does not make sense since all emails in my sent folder should be from me. The default should be updated to be "to:" in the sent folder. This was the case on the previous version of Outlook but since upgrading to 365 this functionality no longer exists.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Voting buttons in Outlook

add voting buttons like PC version has...

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unread Emails

I am using Outlook on iMac and I find it difficult to find unread emails in case an email is too old. It shows count of unread emails but where are they?
    If there could be a tab where we see the unread email that would amazing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I am really annoyed at Outlook for the Mac. It installs all these folder that I don't use, like: Favorites Archive Clutter Online Archive Co

I am really annoyed at Outlook for the Mac. It installs all these folder that I don't use, like:
    Favorites
    Archive
    Clutter
    Online Archive
    Conversation History
    RSS Subscriptions
    Sync Issues

I don't use any of these, and they take up valuable space that could be used for folders that ARE IMPORTANT TO ME. I don't want to have so many folders that I have to scroll down a long list to find them.

Can we get rid of these folders? It seems like Outlook keeps adding a new folder every year. We users should have an option to display or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Customization of the Message Ribbon

Allow customization of the ribbon for Mac users. Every day I need to scroll to right to access the button to add a link to an email.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. From, To, Subject alignment

Is there a reason this is not aligned? https://imgur.com/aCvW4no

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reduce the size of the attachments in the reading pane.

Reduce the size of the attachments in the reading pane.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After searching for an older email and closing that message it can take awhile to scroll back to the top of the messages list. I would like

After searching for an older email and closing that message it can take awhile to scroll back to the top of the messages list. I would like to suggest the option to have a place to do a single click to be able to quickly get back to the top of the messages list

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. FEEDBACK FEEDBACK If you were able to make outlook access a virtual proxy email server that would allow server side email filtering rules u

FEEDBACK FEEDBACK

If you were able to make outlook access a virtual proxy email server that would allow server side email filtering rules using the IMAP protocols OutLook would become my default email program.

It should be possible to have an exchange server request all email from all accounts that a single person user has then run global and account specific rules on the exchange server and then update the individual email account servers (gmail, apple, yahoo…) whenever the user uses outlook to access email.

By interlocking the proxy exchange server rule filtering to outlook you (Microsoft) maintain the user…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Insert Link in Outlook - Office365 for Mac has a drop menu listing recent documents. This would be much more useful if the drop menu includ

Insert Link in Outlook - Office365 for Mac has a drop menu listing recent documents. This would be much more useful if the drop menu included collapsable “Recent Links”, Recent Headings (essentially an anchorpoint) and then “Recent Documents.”

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow adjusting the size of the desktop Outlook inbox window.

My desktop Outlook inbox window cannot be shortened beyond a set point. I would like to make the window shorter so that I can have access to more of my screen area at the bottom of the window, to place a second window from another program in that space below the desktop version of the Outlook Inbox window. This seems to be a straight-forward issue. The user (me) simply needs a window size control that allows the window length (and width) to be shortened to a very small size, as is the case for most windows within the Mac OS.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to Pin Emails to one another

At times, there are emails that are on different chains/thread/subject lines that are dependent upon one another. Provide the ability to 'pin' them together so the threads follow one another in conversations mode.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Any way to srink JPEGs?

I cannot shrink my JPEGs to send in Outlook Emails. Has anyone found a workaround. ZIP Compression actually makes the file larger once it is sent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable an automation option to empy the rubbish folder

Enable an automated rule that would empty the Rubbish (previously Trash) folder. Pre-365 this option existed by enabling the check to delete the Rubbish upon closing the local client but I am not particular on the specs. Another way of doing this is add a mail folder rule set to the current message rule set.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Always display the currently highlighted inbox message, rather than a message I just moved to an archive folder

When I move a message to a folder in my archives, the content of that message remains displayed in the reading pane rather than the message currently highlighted in my inbox. Even if I click on that highlighted message, its content is not displayed in the reading pane, why? Every time, I have to click on another message and back on the previously highlighted one to finally see what it contains, which is very tedious.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Help menu with images that look like system

It would be helpful to have an image showing for instance the preference page with clickable links.
    I'm trying to E-mail Address Validation information and the search feature shows thousands of options but not related to that preference

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. People Pane

I'm still missing the People Pane in Outlook for Mac. Very often I'm looking for specific Mails from a special sender. People Pane is a good tool to find Mails and attachments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In Outlook 2016 for Mac, if you forward a meeting invite, the meeting invite/email is not listed in your Sent folder. This should show Sent.

In Outlook 2016 for Mac, if you forward a meeting invite, the meeting invite/email is not listed in your Sent folder.

This should show in the Sent email as proof that the meeting was shared out and record the time it was sent.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base