OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Modify sending options

Let people reply to an email without including the entire conversation history

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to create Channels

I would appreciate the ability to create "channels" (precisely the same way as in Slack), which will give one the ability to email from a channel/folder without the need to create folders with endless rules. This feature will assist users to keep their emails/work neatly in one place.

When you email out of a specific channel/folder, the sent and subsequent email communication will be stored/directed to that channel. Which also means that your sent and received items will be in one area (channel). On the other hand, when you receive an email, you can drop it in your desired channel/folder…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Save email from an obsolete email account without also having Outlook try to sign in to that account

Make it easy to save email from an obsolete email account without also having Outlook try to sign in to that account every time the app is launched (or much clearer how to do this).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add support fort selfservice:// links in Outlook

At this time, if someone sends a link to a policy in Jamf Pro by sending a jamfselfservice:// link, this link is never detected as a link, and the user has to select the text and copy-paste it in a browser to open it. Self Service links should be detected and displayed as such in Outlook.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can also move sent mails to archive

Outlook has the function "Archive".

Unfortunately, this is only possible for mails you receive. (Inbox)
    Why isn't this for sent mail? (Outbox) I don't understand!
    What does that make sense just to archive the receipt and not send mails.
    Only half of it is archived!
    Is then again to search/find in two different places

Archiving should also be available for sent mails!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Message Gets Automatically Deleted If Recalled

Message Recall - where once you hit the button, the message gets deleted from the recipients' inboxes, whether or not they've read the msg.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To allow opening .msg files from outlook windows on Mac

To allow opening .msg files from outlook windows on Mac

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. THEMES {Highlight Message we are working on to prevent mistake} are NOT availabl in Preferences-General as HELP guides that it does exist?

THEMES {Highlight Message we are working on to prevent mistake} are NOT available in Preferences-General as HELP guides that it does exist? Great Idea: Install THEMES to assist in locating message worked on. WEB MAIL has the DARK MODE BUTTON thank you, OUTLOOK APP does not. WEBMAIL has THEMES highlighting the message worked, OUTLOOK APP does not tsk tsk tsk. My old eyes go crazy with exhaustion having to locate and locate and locate the correct message. A color certainly would help, easy peavy ???? Thanks so much, we know you can do it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the option "recent documents" to the "adding a file / attachment" function

In the PC version such a function exists: When you want to attach a recently written document to your mail, you can directly get a list of your last documents using the attachment icon without having to look for those files in different folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When using search dialog (cmd+shift+f), tab should jump to email list, not ribbon

When searching for emails using the keyboard shortcut cmd+shift+f, there is no quick short cut to switch focus to the email results. pressing tab switches focus to [Home] in the ribboon. This forces me to switch over to my mouse to click the results.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Three finger trackpad swipe up/down to switch email

MacOS apps allow you to move between pages or emails with a three finger swipe in the email. This would works as follows:

Open an email, read while two-finger scrolling to view entire message.
    When you're finished with the message, three finger swipe down to move to the next message, or three finger swipe up to move to the previous.

This avoids needing to switch between keyboard and trackpad, and doesn't require you to manually click the next message. This works in most MacOS apps, including Mac Mail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On the Conversation page where you have the discussions from an email chain, it might be useful to have an expand and subtract icon, to allo

On the Conversation page where you have the discussions from an email chain, it might be useful to have an expand and subtract icon, to allow a user to see a couple of sentences on a particular email.
    I often know what the thread is about and often people leave 1 liner responses, so for me to be able to see that in the context of a conversation is really useful.
    Opening the email fully, inline with the conversation may be useful sometimes, but you can easily lose your place in the thread if too much space is allocated to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow "Replies in folder other than Sent Items" This is so annoying

Please allow ... URGENTLY... as this has been going on for years per the threads on this site... to save replies in folders other than Sent items.
    This causes me NO END of grief and is so time consuming to go and move all my sent items at the end of the day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove shift-return submitting

As shift-return in other applications doesn't submit the message, instead adding a newline, I often press shift-return by accident and by this submitting unfinished e-mails. Sometimes extremely frustrating and causing confusion. Please remove this feature, or make introduce a feature-toggle in settings.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. separate scheduled emails from drafts... make a new "Scheduled Folder"

Currently, emails that are scheduled to send in the future are stored in the drafts folder. I would suggest a new folder called "scheduled." They're really not drafts anymore if you have already clicked send and set it to automatically send sometime in the future.

This would help separate emails that a user still needs to work on from those that are already proofed and ready to send.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to sort the recipients and bcc in the alphabet order either by their first name or last name ascending or descending

Ability to sort the recipients and bcc in the alphabet order either by their first name or last name ascending or descending

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. DON'T DOWNLOAD OLD EMAILS

new year new business why outlook downloads 2017/2018/2019 emails, c'mon guys stop outlook from filling the SSD for offline use when we are always connected! Let the user decide what we want the client to download. I have 200 GB of emails and been looking for a solution but it seems to be impossible to solve.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I suggest you add spell check before sending as an option.

I suggest you add spell check before sending as an option. Yes there is spell check as you go but spell before sending is better and what people are used to using outlook. Not sure why the MAC version has to miss such clear essentials.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Retaining the same email when I changing view options, such as From -> Conversation.. and etc

I’m looking for a way to sort out my emails. My case that I want to see email is like this.. 1) I found an email with “Date Received” view. 2) Now, I like to see all related emails with that email I found in “Date Received” view. 3) then, I have tried to change “Conversation” view while I’m highlighting the email I found in “date received’ view. ==> but, this was not working - outlook hightlighed other email thread once I changed to “Conversation” view. Do you know how to retain related email and email thread enven I changed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base