OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The slide bad overlaps with the follow-up flag

The slide bad overlaps with the follow-up flag. When you try to click on the flag right after scrolling through messages using the track bar, most of the times you end up clicking the slide bar instead of the flag because of the overlap.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attaching a file to a new Email

Please add the below feature:
    Dragging a file to Inbox creates a new email with the file attached.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow re-ordering and more control of signatures.

In Entourage, it used to be possible to re-order signatures and an option to have a random signature chosen. It would be great to be able to manage signatures, re-order them in the list, and perhaps have categories or sublists.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I suggest that when an inbox item is dragged to a folder that the NEXT email pop up.

If an email is filed, why would you want to still see it? this kinda drives a little nuts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. read receipts for ALL emails!!!

I have important emails sent out when i may forget to select read receipt on. please make it so that we can save it for ALL emails sent out! This is available on other platforms but i love outlook client... this is the only fault.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. my tags on my emails are not showing like before

when I forward or reply mail, the original mail sometime does not show the tag or forward or reply.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. provide a way to delay ALL outgoing emails sent on the weekend until Monday morning (or other pre-set times)

Currently, there is the option to delay the sending of emails on an individual basis. I would like to see a feature where I can delay all outgoing messages to a pre-set time so that emails are not received by colleagues on the weekend.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change new message format

Al crear un nuevo mensaje, que exista la opción de modificar el tamaño de la ventana/cuadro de diálogo.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an email as calendar event

In the "old" outlook for Mac there was the possibility to add an email as an event. Now it's gone.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keep last email (email thread)

sometimes we have a lot of emails as conversational emails (forward/reply) I wish if we have a way "keep the last email" -FOR REFERENCE instead of deleting each email in email thread manually.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. insight function fix!

allow insights button to still work even when the reading pain is off. This affects all users and makes no sense whatsoever!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove the daily reminder when automatic reply is scheduled with a start and stop date!

When automatic reply is set up with a start and stop date and time (eg at vacation) an annoying dialogue pops up at every log-in asking me if I want to cancel it or not! Why??? It is scheduled already! In the iOS app there is an unobtrusive option at the top of the mailbox which is as good a reminder and not so irritating. Implement this or at least make it optional!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When clicking 'Send to OneNote' button, bring up the notebooks in the same account as you used to sign in to OneNote

A recent release of Office removed functionality that was present in previous versions, and I would like to see that functionality reinstated please.
    When clicking the 'Send to OneNote' button in Mail, Outlook now brings up the list of Notebooks that are in the same account as the message which you have currently got selected. Until a month or so ago it used to bring up the list of notebooks that were in the account that you had used to sign in to OneNote. The Windows version has not had this functionality removed by the way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The New Outlook

The New Outlook seems not to support email.

When I click on it I get: The following accounts and items aren't supported and won't be available in the new Outlook.

It then lists all my email accounts, IMAP, POP, Gmail and Outlook plus On My Computer folders

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix selection color in dark mode

Dark mode in Mac Outlook doesn't have a distinct "selected" color. The colors are too close together between "Flagged" messages and "Selected" messages. These are easily distinguished in "light mode". Really, didn't this get flagged in your testing?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Command Dot cancels send. PLEASE

Press Command Period to stop emails from sending.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Modify sending options

Let people reply to an email without including the entire conversation history

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to create Channels

I would appreciate the ability to create "channels" (precisely the same way as in Slack), which will give one the ability to email from a channel/folder without the need to create folders with endless rules. This feature will assist users to keep their emails/work neatly in one place.

When you email out of a specific channel/folder, the sent and subsequent email communication will be stored/directed to that channel. Which also means that your sent and received items will be in one area (channel). On the other hand, when you receive an email, you can drop it in your desired channel/folder…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Save email from an obsolete email account without also having Outlook try to sign in to that account

Make it easy to save email from an obsolete email account without also having Outlook try to sign in to that account every time the app is launched (or much clearer how to do this).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add support fort selfservice:// links in Outlook

At this time, if someone sends a link to a policy in Jamf Pro by sending a jamfselfservice:// link, this link is never detected as a link, and the user has to select the text and copy-paste it in a browser to open it. Self Service links should be detected and displayed as such in Outlook.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base