OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Integrate Outlook with Onenote

Windows versions of OneNote and Outlook have integrated to allow you to bring in meeting information into OneNote as well as assign tasks that appear in Outlook. Bring that integration to the Mac.

5,828 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Howard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

195 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got the update to send emails to OneNote (not useful for me at least) but don't see the ability to send meetings to OneNote, which is the most useful feature.

• Steven James Burks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where did this function go?

I have the latest version. It's 4.29.19. This was enabled in 2017.

I hate the fact that I am most likely going to have to use a 3rd party tool for task management on the Mac, and basically not utilize Outlook for anything, except email and meetings.

I've used OneNote for over a decade now. It's great. But not so much on the Mac. And, overall, you are hosing its functionality and integration w/ other apps.

Maybe its time to dump it.

• M Schultz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is in the Top 10 requested items (as of Mar 21, 2019). And from the comments below, it is clearly an important feature the user community would like back. Please bring this feature back soon!

• Thomas Ruppel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Send to OneNote doesn't work anymore for calendar events. (A) it worked before -- I've never seen a Microsoft product where it stops working and MSFT does nothing about it and (B) the button is still there in the Calendar when you highlight an event even though you get the error. Ridiculous.

• Scott Meade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that Microsoft is just ignoring our requests in hopes we will drop our Macs for Windows machines.

• Kelly Friesleben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Outlook for Mac 2016, and a Office 365 account all through my employer. I just recently switched to Mac from a PC. I used this feature to send emails to One Note all the time. Why is it only available for 365 subscribers on a Mac? I can't change what my employer provides for Office products - will this feature soon become available for Outlook for Mac 2016?

• Eusebio Bilbao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last version with Insider Fast let now send a email to an OneNote Section but NOT to a specific page. It would be really useful this posibility.

• Reinhold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

<onenote integration where Outlook takes over tasks from one note and where you can arrange meetings from one note via outlook or integrate others

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am seriously considering going back to a Windows machine just because I spend so much time manually entering meeting information into my meeting notes.

What is going on? Can I send meetings and emails to OneNote or not? Please provide an update on this feature - this is critical for me as a program manager.

• Chuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Mac version, please add functionality to send Outlook email to a page in a OneNote section. This feature is available on Windows version of Outlook but not Mac version. Currently the Mac version supports sending to a OneNote Section but not to a page in a section as does the Windows version.

Would be a nice to have.

• Chuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Mac version, please add functionality to send Outlook email to a page in a OneNote section. This feature is available on Windows version of Outlook but not Mac version. Currently the Mac version supports sending to a OneNote Section but not to a page in a section as does the Windows version.

Would be a nice to have.

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows version of OneNote allows an email to be created from the Note itself. Mac version does not have it. This creates a huge productivity loss -

• Mehran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook team, you need to fix this issue!!!! Are you ignoring it or you are not able to fix it?

• M Schultz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm on the fast insider track and have not had this function work for at least 6 months. It does work from email, but has been broken for months in the calendar. I'm on 16.22.

Please fix as this is a huge time saver. I have 6 - 12 meetings each day that I need to take notes for. Creating the manually and not having the link is a rather large inconvenience. This works so well in Windows.

Please fix! When trying to add meeting notes to a calendar item, always receiving:

Your meeting can't be sent (Error code 10001)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Outlook for Mac: Tasks

Feedback and Knowledge Base