OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

I suggest you enable RSS feeds for Mac

I suggest you enable RSS feeds for Mac. I really do. I know I'm not the first. I saw this posted previously and the response was:

"Thank you for your feedback, we have reviewed this feature, unfortunately, we will not be implementing this feature as this does not align with our overall goals. Thank you for your continued participation in making Outlook for Mac better."

Clearly we are not participating in making Outlook for Mac better. It won't happen because it doesn't align with "your' goals. I imagine the consumer goals are not important.

My question is, what does having RSS feeds have that is in direct conflict with your goals? The level of functionality is not overly difficult to include, at this point it is fairly standardized. From a UX perspective, it shouldn't have a significant impact to the rest of the functionality.

I would understand if it was a major overhaul, but let's be clear, it's not. As someone who works in creation of user interfaces, I don't know why it wouldn't be taken under potential consideration rather than a hard "no".

I'm just trying to address your BS response to force additional transparency as to WHY it is not aligned with your goals and why you would choose to not only not include it on Macs when available on PC software, and what the possible reason could be if your consumer base finds it a useful professional feature. I'm more disgruntled over your response rather than the decision to not use a useful feature.

so... what ARE your overall goals?

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Erik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)