OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

automatic update - remove (frequent and annoying) prompt to change to automatic install

When selecting the office update option "automatically check" (as opposed to "manually check" and "automatically download and install"), since a few weeks the user gets a pop-up in the OSX notification centre to turn on the "automatically download and install" option. Every time I choose the option 'not now', then the app Microsoft AutoUpdate is started. First you get another pop-up where you again have to choose 'not now' for the 'automatically download and install" option.
Most of the time there is no update.

I choose the "automatically check" option as I want to be notified that an update is available and schedule the update execution.

I've contacted 'support' and they have first advised to turn off the notifications, which kind of defeats the purpose of selecting the "automatically check" option, as you do not get a notification anymore.
The other advice was to select the "manually check" option, also not a solution!

I want the situation to change back to the situation before: I have all notifications turned on for the Microsoft AU Daemon and I have selected the option "automatically check" in Microsoft Autoupdate and with those settings I only get a notification in the OSX notification centre when an update is available.

IMHO, Microsoft is treating their customers as idiots with this change in behaviour of the Microsoft AutoUpdate app.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michel Goedegebuure shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Outlook for Mac: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base