OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Make current day more visible/highlighted in Calendar Week View

We use the Week View in the Calendar primarily, as I'm sure most others do. It'd be nice to have a visual indicator to immediately see where we are currently and what the next meeting is.

Example Screenshot of Proposal here: https://imgur.com/a/OgQeEXo

There is currently a red line that spans across the entire calendar to indicate current time, but for some reason is spans across the entire week instead of just today, so it's not a good immediate identifier, though it helps.

There's a blue dot over the Date Number at the top of the column, but that's also not immediately helpful because the eyes are focused on the events listings and scanning there as opposed to looking at the headers.

It'd help immensely, without distraction, to have perhaps have blue bars on the left and right of the day, framing the day visually so it's easier to track through the week. Example screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/OgQeEXo

Thank you for your consideration!

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Daniel Stels shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nick Romans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like the option to more-quickly, visually identify elements in multi-day calendar views. In the week, work-week and month views, I would like to mute/dim days (and their associated appointments) which have already occurred. I would like to highlight/brighten the current day and it’s associated appointments while the future days/appointments remain as they are today. At the same time, I would like the ability to highlight the currently selected day.

The current view, the only way I recognized the current day is if I really look closely at the slightly bolder, red line (in the [work-]week views).

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base