OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Please bring back the categories feature in Outlook for Mac.

It difficult to filter out the information while on the Calendar, Notes, Task or Contacts.

At least give the option to filter by Category on list view and collapse group like in Windows Outlook.

668 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    maxwellmotha@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

93 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this not prioritized in the product backlog but "Delegate unable to send on behalf of someone" with 81 votes and 4 comments is? I guess because that was posted 4 YEARS AGO you finally got around to it...

The ability to filter by category is obviously crucial to enough users workflow that it warrants attention. It was also an EXISTING FEATURE in previous versions?! It's not like asking for some new ML/NLP predictive email response feature or something. This is basic sort/filter hide/show functionality.

What are your product managers doing over there? Not to mention the lack of community managers responding to any of your customer's feedback.

Here's to hoping we don't have to wait another 3 years for this to finally be at least Under Review...

• Andre Sappingfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, honestly I thought it was something I did at first...until I started reading this thread. I am not sure how it happened that this vital function was removed, but I will believe that this will be remedied quickly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i used this several times a day. Now i have to remember another way to add categories to individual appointments - several times a day. It's a waste of my time and is a several-times-a-day annoyance.

Please let us see categories on the sidebar again!

Was this scope cutting or did someone actually have customers telling Outlook Product teams to not include this? I imagine it had to be the former. Bad decision. Time to look for an alternative mail product.

• Christena Devlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I desperately need you to please reinstate the the filter calendar appointments by color / category. This makes it MUCH easier to be productive. I really don't like the calendar without it.

If this feature does not come back I'll drop my yearly subscription as I have more than 4000 contacts to manage ! you already made it almost impossible to export contacts. Quite fed up with microsoft !

• Shaurya Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the feature. With a ton of events in my calendar, its impossible to view all together as it becomes a collage of overlapping boxes. Using the category based filters gave a quick way to control what category I want to view.

After taking the time to coordinate my calendar with color-coded categories, I can no longer hide ones I don't view during the work day (personal events). Please consider returning that option to view the list on the left pane and hide categories when needed.

• Candace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring it back!!! I used this feature constantly to filter out noise on my calendar.

• Richard Watts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is what I most like about the older versions of Outlook. In this day and age where we receive a torrent of email and appointments and contacts need the an ability to sort through relevant contacts by category is perfect. without this ability it is more time consuming to find the contact you needfulness of course you remember someone name.
        Please reverse this retrograde step. Why change something that was not broken?

• Haim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why take out categories feature ? its so crazy that they take it out and now they make you vote to put it back.

• Arno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We know, we know about Mac UserVoice forum but it does not change the fact that the guy or the team who decided to remove this feature is just...............!
        Did he ever used Outlook on Mac for business? I'm not sure.
        And from what I see on Mac UserVoice forum, it is not even yet under investigation...

If TV manufacturers remove remote control from new TV sets they sell because people can stand up to change TV channel (or even without explanation like Microsoft did): how would you react? It's the same with what Microsoft did by removing the super-useful feature that was calendar categories in left pan......

• Jean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What alternative to Outlook do you recommend because Microsoft do not ear our voice at all?
        Mail and Calendar from Apple are not business oriented.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please bring back the categories feature in the Outlook for Mac, there are many times I only want to look at those specific contacts. This change has made it very difficult!

• Trevor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, bring it back, extremely helpful for sorting contacts by category. Using advanced search each time is so much more difficult.

• Robertt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put the categories back in the Side bar. The removal of Categories in the Navigation Pane of the Task view makes things so much harder. Categorizing the Task View and being able to sort and view by categories has been a long running feature of Outlook and makes it work for productivity.

• Robertt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please bring back the categories feature in Outlook for the Mac - for tasks. When I. got the last upgrade my categories disappeared from the Side bar/navigation pane

• Wade Marsden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As previous comments, I too, would like to request that the Category function be restored to Outlook. I found this extremely useful to grade emails in various stages of completion, with customers. Please consider re-introducing this feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base