OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Please bring back the categories feature in Outlook for Mac.

It difficult to filter out the information while on the Calendar, Notes, Task or Contacts.

At least give the option to filter by Category on list view and collapse group like in Windows Outlook.

969 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
maxwellmotha@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

114 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is insane. I can give a contact a category but it is ENTIRELY MEANINGLESS unless I can filter by that value!

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that this was removed it just nuts. I can't believe you guys thought this was a good idea. I'm so furious right now.

• EA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to be able to select the Travel category and print a monthly calendar showing where during the month the executive would be out of the office traveling. Why would you remove that?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello,
    I can't use anymore my contacts.
    How can you work when you can't send a message to a group of people, as our customer to send the program of our movies, as of the bénévoles people that organise it, or as at my rugby mates ?....
    So can I go back to the old model of Outlook that was much more effiencient ?

• Nils Hofmeister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe you removed the filtering, the categories loose half of their value. I used them to filter non-mandatory meetings that I would (optionally) still want to track. With Outlook 16.24 & the missing filtering, my calendar is so cluttered that it is unusable.
    I am really frustrated and cannot understand the rationale behind this.

Please bring categories back, I have a lot of clients and use categories to block time for each, and where there are actions that cover multiple the ability to just drag the item to add the category was super-efficient over the new way.

Being able to categorize my appointments has been very helpful in the past; while I can still add a category to an appointment, now I can't do anything to sort or filter by category, which was sort of the point...

Please bring this feature back. I haver so many sub calendars within mine i would like to filter out and dont need visibility too.

• Jaimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use to filter all of my coworkers OOO so I could see my meetings for the day. I have over 20 or so coworkers and now I have to open up each day individually to see my week. Super inconvenient.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very strange to remove such a fundamental feature to calendar organization.

• Andre Kruger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actively used my database of connections for training courses and need to discriminate for example invitations to different groups of people on my contact list. I have created an elaborate database and need the feature back.

• Jim Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used category filtering extensively in the past to show/hide various levels of detail in my calendar. Things like multi-day travel events; meetings I lead; mandatory meetings I don't lead; optional meetings. As others have said, one frustrating experience was assuming that the feature was present and I just needed to figure out how to turn it back on/show it/whatever. It didn't occur to me that MS would just eliminate the feature. While we're on the subject, not only would I like the feature back, but I'd like to be able to show/hide events in a category across all Office 365 calendars (I have four Office 365 accounts -- don't ask).

• Ayhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

totally agree. Taking this feature away is terrible. Please bring it back ASAP.

I would never have updated if I'd known about it.

• Helene Spork commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please restore the category feature asap. my calendar is a complete mess now, whereas I was warned the update was crucial for security reasons. Had I known this would happen, I would never have installed the update. I am really ****** off about it.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BRING IT BACK its absolutely stupid and pointless to take something away millions of people each day - BACK NOW - Users just lost this without warning

• Frances commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the ability to display calendar events from specific categories rather than having to see them all at once. I like many of the modifications I have encountered since updating the software today ... but loosing this functionality is a big step back with respect to how well this product supports my productivity. Hopefully it was an unintended consequence that has an easy fix.

• ANdrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BRING IT BACK its absolutely stupid and pointless to take something away millions of people each day - BACK NOW

I am a professor at a university and am unable to share my calendar with my students without hiding selected categories. I am hoping to use a different calendar to work around this until this problem has been addressed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base