OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Please bring back the categories feature in Outlook for Mac.

It difficult to filter out the information while on the Calendar, Notes, Task or Contacts.

At least give the option to filter by Category on list view and collapse group like in Windows Outlook.

235 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    maxwellmotha@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom Balames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes - please bring categories back - it's something that was used daily and is very frustrating to no longer have - not sure why it would have been eliminated...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone know a workaround or how to roll back to an older version. Outlook is unusable without this

• Jeannette Keton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the ability to create lists by categories. Before I installed an upgrade a few weeks ago, all my categories were visible in the left viewing pane. To create a list, all I had to do was check the circles by specific categories -- and voila, the list appeared on the right. Its now impossible to do. Why? Please bring this back ASAP.

• Gaib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! add back the categories feature in Outlook for Mac, this was one of the reasons we chose Outlook 365. We need to be able to mail groups of contacts.

• Dawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add category function back. It is the only way to filter out some of the calendar items, etc, in a usable viewable format to print from!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use the category option in our business, without this function we are unable to sort our staff the correct way, we will need to look at different software if this feature is not being brought back. Please keep this function going.

• Camden Podesta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE, please bring back category filters.

It seems insane to me that this has been eliminated, a very poor product decision. Is there a reason this can't at least be toggled on/off for users to decide themselves?

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Validate the need to have FYI meetings listed but not always visible on my calendar.

• Alain Drolet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a ton of "noise" meetings in my calendar.
        I have a rule that assign a category to them.
        I used to simply turn this category off, and bingo my calendar was clean and "usable" again.
        By removing categories from the navigation pane you destroyed this.

Please consider this as an important bug to be fixed ASAP.

Thank you

• Tarun Kothuri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I make separate meeting invites for Rooms vs. actual Meeting.
        Categories helped me hide the noise of room only invites.

^ reason for above - for recurring events - it gets cumbersome to book the same room for extended periods of time due to spotty availability..

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The category feature was the way I organized my entire life. I really liked to be able to filter while in the calendar view so I could see specific categories per day/week/month and how they lined up time wise. Please bring this back.

• Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss the categories. This feature allowed for me to turn on/off my calendar items by category, which I now have to set up differently, which is a nuisance.

• Colleen Saunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I had known the new download eliminated the category sidebar listings, I would not have downloaded the new version. I rely heavily on this feature. When trying to locate various contacts, I would go to an individual category to find contact. PLEASE, please bring this feature back.
        thank you Colleen Saunders

• EW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a contact list views sorted by categories, similar to outlook for windows, would be very much appreciated.

• Joachim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The removal of ability to toggle viewing of events by category is nearly unbelievable from a usability standpoint. Why hobble your own product? Support even explained this is an "intended" design change in order to make it more consistent with Windows.

← Previous 1

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base