Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminMac Outlook Team (Admin, Outlook.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

126 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VENOM7000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The dark mode is terrible. It is a nightmare to read using this theme.

Its not even a fully designed theme. Half of the program space is in dark black and some parts are in blinding white.

Had to revert my OS theme back to light just to have an ability to use Outlook once more.
        PLS MICROSOFT FIX THIS! (it cannot be that difficult)

• Shashank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates? I made the mistake of updating outlook. Now will probably just have to switch to web mode till this is resolved.

• sanjay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VS Code from Microsoft is a great example of dark mode done right.
        I hope that Office Mac also goes in that direction.

Until then, the option to go back to the bright mode would be great.

• mjence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are really 2 problems with dark mode as I see it--the first being that the reading pane isn't also darkened or dimmed, so you have a blinding white square in the middle of dark mode. The other is that the rest of the window is so high-contrast that reading the white on black text is painful. Apple's Mail is a much better example of a good implementation of dark mode, it's not so high-contrast. Short of those fixes, I suppose the fallback option is just to be able to turn it off specifically in Outlook, without having to turn off dark mode for the whole OS.

• Blake Walsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dark mode in a mail client only makes sense when you can invert the colors of the reading pane so it's not a canvas of blinding white light

see how OWA does this in React/Preview - much much much better...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give the option to remove dark mode / if not at least don't leave the open email as white!

Thanks.

Dark mode should be optional not related to overall system. I prefer the Dark mode of the MacOS Mojave, however I prefer Outlook on Bright Mode.

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make dark mode optional, I want to turn it on/off simply and quickly, otherwise its senseless

• Angel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love dark mode on the new MAC update, but it's terrible on outlook! Super hard to see anything. Too much contrast with the light, then dark. I would also love an option to remove dark mode.

Looking forward to the next try!

• ant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

offf dark mode. i cant' use this version.

i want to use dark verson for mac but not for office and this is not possible.

i hate this!!!
        no dark mode!

Yep can you make this more obvious in the Outlook option button, or a shortcut key to disable Dark mode. It was not obvious I had to go to General and settings as I assumed it was a MS outlook function. Thanks

• Grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any offer of a timeline? I'm using my browser bc I can't see a thing on my iMac w this Dark Mode!!! How is this not even an option though guys and gals? Really!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Outlook for Mac: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base