Kamil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Evan Medow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The real problem for me is that the search field is dark and almost the same color as the bar at the top. It may have something to do with my being mildly red/green color blind.

• Eve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide color choices for the email on mac. The dark version is harder to see the new icons on the ribbon.

• Arthur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate the loss of the colorful / classic menus. Microsoft tells me they dumped it because so many Mac Users wanted the Dark Option. Not sure why this had to be an either/or choice -- strikes me more like Henry Ford's "choice" about the color of the Model T.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just voted on a similar idea. The color to the top bar of Outlook windows is too similar to the color for Word. With many windows open to both apps, they are hard to distinguish, and I often pick the wrong app.

• Jade Grice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new blue theme and indistinguishable icons is HORRID. Can we please have a classic option so we can tick with what we had???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back classic theme for Office 365 for Mac. Being stuck with the coloured band at the top of each application is absolutely horrible.

• David Potter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Ribbon icons in Outlook for Mac are a lot harder to read and to use, especially in Dark Mode. Please give us an option to use the previous icons. I really dislike the new ones!

The latest update DID NOT allow preferences for the classic grey theme. WHY? This does not seem like a difficult thing to fix. The blue is so distracting.

Being forced to use the color band along the top is a terrible design decision. You are doing so many things well, please reconsider this as it's awful to have to live with this and not have the option to change it back to 'classic' theme. Thanks

• R. Trimble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have received my latest software updates for Office 365 for Mac and I cannot express how very disappointed I am with the new look of Outlook!!! Why is Microsoft dulling down the entire look of their programs??? I have a super-fast iMac with 27” Retina screen, an i7 chip and 32 GBs of RAM! I want MORE colour, not LESS! Can you not give users a CHOICE between the pathetic, dull, plain new look and a marvellous colour-loaded one??? I love using my Mac and I have been a loyal Microsoft Office user for many, many years! I want a bright, colourful work environment, not the bland thing I see now in front of me! Come on, people! Put some LIFE into your programs!!!!!

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Taking away the ability to remove the colored bars in Light mode is extremely disappointing. Using apps on my computer is now bothering my eyes - please bring this back ASAP in the next release.

please bring back the old ribbon UI. . this new "flat" UI design is terrible. Makes it HARDER to use the product. not easy

Agree wholeheartedly...I'm fine with adding features i.e. Dark Mode but don't take features away that we like!

• Matt Gough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Ribbon" icons in Outlook 16.20 loot terrible now on a non-Retina screen the text (which just appears to be an image, not real text drawn by the OS) is all blurry.

• Shawn Ramsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you do this? First is the the removal of how tabs show up in OneNote, now no choice of color, unless it is dark mode on Mohave.

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE bring choices to color themes back. Why can't it be MY choice? Its extremely unnecessary and distracting and also, some dark color will burn those pixels into your screen if left on (which mine does), in which I will now have a blue bar running through all of my screen if my screen is left on and idol for 10 minutes. F'ING ANNOYED!!!

• Kiley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look and feel of Version 16.20 looks like a cartoon and visually disruptive. Please bring the normal look and feel back.

• RP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please restore the option on the entire suite to personalize the UI with the "Classic" theme instead of the "Colorful" theme. The UI should not compete with my documents. The UI color is unnecessary and distracting.

Bring back themes that have disappeared with Office 16.20. This is a huge step backward, and was not the theme I had chosen previously. Tks

← Previous 1

Outlook for Mac: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base