OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

To have an option to see the exact email address used in the email that received (or sent).

Please support such feature to be able to see exact address used to send or received an email when either hovering the mouse over the name or double-clicking it.

257 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aquaman2 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MIke H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. Very frustraging not to be able see the actual email!

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is quite annoying. I manage multiple accounts on my Mac. This makes it rather difficult to know which account I should be responding as...

Only work-around I have for this, delete my contact object so that all emails show separately.

• Qikun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is absolutely ridiculous. Since I started using outlook I was never sure which address is used to send to which, because both myself and most of my contacts use multiple email addresses. Please fix this asap. BTW the web interface works perfectly so I should not be this inconsistent on the Mac right?

• Marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also consider it completely ridiculous that there is no easy way to see which of my alias addresses was used to send me an email.

• Gokhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hei microsoft, outlook is an email client right ? Can you please let the product manager go.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Very frustrating when using multiple email accounts. Please show the exact email addresses on the contact card when clicking/hovering over a recipient/sender. AND please identify which email it was sent to (especially needed when using 'All Accounts' feature)

• Eric SCHAEFFER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could be same behavior than the email composer (double click expends the contact to the email address), or just display the email address in use on mouse over.

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base