OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Dark Mode

I love me some dark/brown mode in iOS apps and Window phone mobile is a lot easier on the eyes at night. Please adding this feature on Outlook. Dear developers, Please considering it....

5,665 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

540 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sebastián Oliva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mi outlook now is in dark mode. that's amazing thanks. However incoming emails background still in white like full moon.

• Josh Finke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very glad to see an implementation of Dark Mode now in Outlook, however it would be much more useable if the reading pane could also be set to a dark theme.

• Muktadir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please update the font color to any light color for dark background for Office in MAC. I love the dark mode, but font colors make it hard sometimes.

• Chloe Gilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dark mode looks great, and I love the icon set. The blue on black highlighted colour looks a bit nasty though, it would be better if it picked up the default highlight colour from MacOS. A small thing to moan about and otherwise a HUGE improvement for me.

• Dimitri Frolov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great we have dark mode, but we need the ability to turn it off, so there should be classic, light, and dark with option to choose between them. I personally dont liek Dark mode in outlook but i like dark mode on my Mac and other apps you know

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They have implemented dark mode in Outlook in Mac in the lastest patch. It looks horrendous.
    I guess the design team must be the same ones that re-designed Skype.

This is a must to have feature to make outlook look similar to other apps already supporting dark mode.

• Alycia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE MAKE DARK MODE AVAILABLE ON MAC!!!!

The Word suite just updated. OMG is it UGLY!!!! and there is no DARK MODE!!!! What?!!! My Mac now has a dark mode, but I'm stuck in the world of ugly on Microsoft Word....maybe I'll try pages again.

Make Outlook for Mac just like the PC version but better - please give us the Windows features that this product unique but the flexibility to keep it Mac where the user would prefer

Hi there,
    I wish you could change the "Theme" for Outlook for Mac, as you can in Windows. If somebody is colour-blind or dyslexic it can make words/text appear clearer to them.
    Really you should update the themes so individuals can change text and background colours to their desired needs.
    Thanks
    Jade

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base