OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Dark Mode

I love me some dark/brown mode in iOS apps and Window phone mobile is a lot easier on the eyes at night. Please adding this feature on Outlook. Dear developers, Please considering it....

5,665 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

540 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brent Healy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for adding this, would also like to make the background of emails Black and reverse color of text.

• J. Hibbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for Dark Mode in Outlook 16 for Mac! As others have commented, we also need the ability to change the color of the message display background (as is possible in Apple Mail.) Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can we have some way of altering the colours of messages that have been flagged in Outlook dark mode? In dark mode, messages flagged for follow-up are highlighted in grey which is a very similar shade to the grey used to highlight the days of messages.

Some options to change the colours of unread/flagged/categorised messages would be perfect.

Thanks in advance

• Phil Bourke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Office for Mac needs dark mode ASAP for all of the reasons already logged below. Cmon Microsoft, how hard can it be?

• Charlie Hayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or just use native controls and get this feature for free (along with numerous other free features)

• dav3ypants commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a standard user,
    I'd like Dark Mode,
    So that Outlook would blend with the look and feel of Mojave dark mode and not cause eye strain.

Please add dark mode option for mac users. Very difficult to work in the evening with everything else utilizing Mojave's dark mode and Outlook's bright white screen pops up.

• Atrus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Daniel Seehof that the text should be reversed (the block of white on the email is too much when in dark mode). Thank you!

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With dark mode enabled the background of emails still is ***** (with ***** text). Would be a whole lot easier on the eyes if this was reversed (***** text on dark background).

• TZ Lin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a lighter version of dark mode (dark grey) so that the contrast in the menu bar items etc. around the window would not be so great.

Kudos to you MS team! I love everything on the dark mode. One quick suggestion, let's find a way to turn the body of the email equally blackish/grayish too. Apple Mail does a very good job on that, check it out!.

• Laurent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello I'm currently using the dark mode and there is a little detail regarding the meeting reminder, they are all black... which is a little hard to see when it's on a black Mojave window

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base