OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Dark Mode

I love me some dark/brown mode in iOS apps and Window phone mobile is a lot easier on the eyes at night. Please adding this feature on Outlook. Dear developers, Please considering it....

5,665 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

540 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paolo Diomede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes but in Outlook Dark Mode is not really implemented properly, for example the body of the message gas still white background.

• Phil Bourke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No dark mode in OneNote at this point. Also agree with other comments - white background on emails is jarring, and option to enable/disable should be present as some settings the light mode is desirable.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fantastic, very very well done!

now please complete the work by adding the option of reversing colors for viewing body of messages, or at least a plain text view of messages with a reversed (white on black) colour scheme

The dark mode on Mac is too dark. I have all my other apps with lighter dark or grey background.

• Stephen Howell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second what Brian said. Having the body of emails with a white background is more jarring than a non-dark-themed Outlook. I would rather use light mode Outlook than this.

please add ability to turn dark mode on/off irrespectively of it being active in macOS

• Paolo Diomede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dark mode is not working for the body of the message in Outlook that keeps the white background

• Tim Ritzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I greatly applaud the effort to get dark mode working, the white background of e-mails is jarring and unusable.

Please fix!

• Swanson, Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is incomplete. The body of e-mails needs to be re-themed to appear dark as well. Of course some things cannot be fixed like images and logos but overall you guys can do a lot better than what you released today.

Dark mode: I have it now on Outlook desktop. However, contrary to the web version, the emails still show white and it creates an unpleasant contrast.

I would like dark mode for all of Mac office products. Please enable because it's killing my eyes.

• Anton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Dark Mode for the whole Office for Mac line of products

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base