OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Dark Mode

I love me some dark/brown mode in iOS apps and Window phone mobile is a lot easier on the eyes at night. Please adding this feature on Outlook. Dear developers, Please considering it....

5,665 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

537 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Janis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to make the email background dark as well? It looks great except that email background remains white :(

• Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is hugely annoying.. and isn't resolved in the latest updates

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, I didn't like dark mode on Outlook. Please provide an option to switch to light mode in Outlook, even if the Mac is set to dark mode.

• Kylie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like you to add the options of dark mode of choosing darkness level such like Adobe applications.
        Yes I like the latest dark mode, but a little bit darker for me. I'd like to select grey mode, and I want apps' accent colours on the title bar. Or I'd like app colour mode, not light or dark mode. <App colours are pop, beaufitul and easy to find the app!!>> Please consider and discuss about it.

• Kylie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like you to add the options of dark mode of choosing darkness level such like Adobe applications.
        Yes I like the latest dark mode, but a little bit darker for me. I'd like to select grey mode, and I want apps' accent colours on the title bar. Or I'd like app colour mode, not light or dark mode. <App colours are pop, beaufitul and easy to find the app!!>> Please consider and discuss about it.

• AlinM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So let me get this straight! You just completed a request from January, but only included it with release 16.20 for Office 2019 for Mac? How about the 2016 version? Nothing? Seriously? The way 2016 handles dark mode is just unfinished and makes it more of a BUG than a subject for a fancy feature release. Is this just a greedy marketing scheme? Unbelievably disappointed!!!

• Pamela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In black version of outlook, the email background should be light grey or black the high contrast

• Hannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mind the white bodied email but good grief you can't even see who the email is from until you've selected it! Please change the font color of the send/receive emails list so it can be seen in dark mode.

• Steven Gilder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dark Mode is a good step but the giant, blinding, white panes to view information in (Preview in Outlook and Word Pages) has to be changed. I have had to disable dark mode until it this is fixed. It seems there was already internal discussion because devs were asking on twitter specifically if the preview pane in Outlook was why people wanted to disable dark mode. If that was already a discussion internally, I think most people knew it was not up to snuff to begin with...

• Saurabh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like outlook dark mode for mac os. But reading / edit panel is still white, which is quite uncomfortable to my eye. Please make it dark as well. I think it should be dark if dark theme is active.

• Daniel Eberhardt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dark mode is great if its also dark on the email body. ;-) without the email body being dark, there is no reason to turn it on, its a turn off. Thanks for adding dark mode for the body. please.

• Paolo Diomede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes but in Outlook Dark Mode is not really implemented properly, for example the body of the message gas still white background.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base