OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Dark Mode

I love me some dark/brown mode in iOS apps and Window phone mobile is a lot easier on the eyes at night. Please adding this feature on Outlook. Dear developers, Please considering it....

5,632 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

523 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mind the white bodied email but good grief you can't even see who the email is from until you've selected it! Please change the font color of the send/receive emails list so it can be seen in dark mode.

• Steven Gilder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dark Mode is a good step but the giant, blinding, white panes to view information in (Preview in Outlook and Word Pages) has to be changed. I have had to disable dark mode until it this is fixed. It seems there was already internal discussion because devs were asking on twitter specifically if the preview pane in Outlook was why people wanted to disable dark mode. If that was already a discussion internally, I think most people knew it was not up to snuff to begin with...

• Saurabh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like outlook dark mode for mac os. But reading / edit panel is still white, which is quite uncomfortable to my eye. Please make it dark as well. I think it should be dark if dark theme is active.

• Daniel Eberhardt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dark mode is great if its also dark on the email body. ;-) without the email body being dark, there is no reason to turn it on, its a turn off. Thanks for adding dark mode for the body. please.

• Paolo Diomede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes but in Outlook Dark Mode is not really implemented properly, for example the body of the message gas still white background.

• Phil Bourke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No dark mode in OneNote at this point. Also agree with other comments - white background on emails is jarring, and option to enable/disable should be present as some settings the light mode is desirable.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fantastic, very very well done!

now please complete the work by adding the option of reversing colors for viewing body of messages, or at least a plain text view of messages with a reversed (white on black) colour scheme

The dark mode on Mac is too dark. I have all my other apps with lighter dark or grey background.

• Stephen Howell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second what Brian said. Having the body of emails with a white background is more jarring than a non-dark-themed Outlook. I would rather use light mode Outlook than this.

please add ability to turn dark mode on/off irrespectively of it being active in macOS

• Paolo Diomede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dark mode is not working for the body of the message in Outlook that keeps the white background

• Tim Ritzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I greatly applaud the effort to get dark mode working, the white background of e-mails is jarring and unusable.

Please fix!

• Swanson, Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is incomplete. The body of e-mails needs to be re-themed to appear dark as well. Of course some things cannot be fixed like images and logos but overall you guys can do a lot better than what you released today.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base