OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Get rid of the "All done for the day!" message when my inbox is empty. I like the empty inbox, not a silly picture and motivational message.

129 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andy Nawabi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most ridiculous feature I've ever seen. If I close my Outlook app, but not "quit" and then re-open my app, even if I have unread mail, I get that "All done for the day" message.

Clearly I am not "all done for the day." Please remove this feature as soon as possible, I'd not recommend leaving this in the app at all, not even user selectable.

• Adriana Kal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also the ridiculous, looks like someone took out the trash (or some such rubbish), and other stupid Outlook messages that just make my blood boil. I am not playing games when I use Outlook, I am not done for the day at 9:05am when Outlook has literally 'disappeared' my IN messages. Grow up Outlook!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems I went into settings, then into my Office 365 account, and then clicked ‘Block External Images’ to turn it on and it seems to have worked.

All done for the day balloons keep updating and posting even though I have a bunch of unread emails. Can't use email on phone anymore.i

• Timothy Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still no answer to how to remove this very annoying and unprofessional "feature" ? outlook app on Ios iphone 8

i have to delete this app solely because of this issue.
    It is not a feature, it is a bug.

Going through the package contents got rid of the ballon but not th wretched message - can someone give me a filename that I can also delete please?

For who is an empty inbox
    - linked in any way with "all done for the day"?.. or
    - a thing to be "enjoyed"?

• Sevren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right-click the app, open Contents/Resources, find the balloon images "ol_empty_inbox" & "ol_empty_inbox@2x", open them up and remove the contents. Save them. You'll probably need to change the privileges on both the Resources folder and the files first, FYI. Cheers!

• Grigory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Inbox IS NOT empty. And balloon keeps apperaring every 3 seconds uless I keep my finger tapped to the iPhone' screen. This is really incredible, that I have problems to read NEW (unread) email from the work inbox!

• Bridget commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My inbox is far from empty and it is doing this. It says updating then goes to “all done for the day” balloons. Anyone figured out how to stop this?

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix it now! Who in their right mind thought this was useful!

← Previous 1 3

Outlook for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base