Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Robertson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Macos10.14.3. I use Outlook.live and find the focussed email useful. I have an Office 365 home annual subscription. Downloaded outlook 16.22.1 but no focussed inbox. Why?

• Derek Schaefer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wholly inappropriate that focused inbox is unsupported for Outlook.com but is supported for GMail. Way to focus on your competitor's product first. Not only that but there's NOTHING in the help about it online until you go to submit a support case. Complete waste of my time.

• Dr. Levitin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's truly ridiculous is that I get a focused inbox for Gmail (which doesn't even have it) but I cannot get it for my Hotmail account which is another Microsoft product. I don't see a need to write up a comprehensive explanation as to why this is an absolute must. My specific and individual reasons while important are hardly required prerequisites for this to be rectified. My simple introductory statement should be sufficient and too the point.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Focused inbox NEEDS to be available to all emails. An inbox can get very full with lots of different things, important or less important and it needs to be sorted otherwise we all get stressed and confused. Its not that hard to make your users happy with this simple thing, otherwise we use other mail providers.

• Richard Gutierrez Padilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE ADD FOCUSED INBOX ON MAC. It's not that hard. All other devices are able to have focused inbox other than MacBook for hotmail. Hotmail is my main email and its very hard now to organize through my emails. I love the focused inbox and that is why I didn't use the default apple mail software. But it's ridiculous that the focused inbox for hotmail doesn't even work on Mac. Fix this ASAP

• Scott Kaiser-Toney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally, the focused inbox should be available for ALL Outlook.com users, but if you won't do that, please make it available for Outlook.com premium users.

• Gabriel Leake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this be available with gmail accounts and not for outlok.com accounts? I guess it's time to switch back to gmail.

• Dave Cronberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an Office 365 subscriber that happens to use a Mac I request that focused inbox support be added. That it is missing on this one platform is really irritating.

• Joseph Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please allow me to use the Focused Inbox for outlook.com!

I have Office 365 Business for my business, and it has the Focused Inbox and all my Gmail accounts have the Focused Inbox. With such a great experience with Office 365 Business, I decided to move my personal communications to outlook.com, but now I'm discovering that there's no Focused Inbox!

Please change this. It's ridiculous that I get this incredible feature with a Google product but not with a Microsoft product — especially since I'm paying for a premium product through my business account!

• Brian Bruckner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook for Mac supports Focused Inbox for corporate Exchange accounts and Gmail accounts, but not for Microsoft accounts (e.g., outlook.com, hotmail.com).

Outlook for PC supports Microsoft accounts with focused inbox.

Please, please add Focused Inbox support to Outlook for Mac for Microsoft accounts. If it's supported for Gmail, it should CERTAINLY be supported for Microsoft accounts.

• jorge idiarte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really incomprehensible that Outlook for Mac doesn't still have the Focused Inbox. It's really uncomfortable that the same program doesn't work in the same manner when you are working on your Mac or on your Ipad/iPhone.

Please add the focussed Inbox to Outlook for Mac urgently.

Outlook for Mac needs too to improve the management of Spam.

• Richy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Focused Inbox on Mac. It's really annoying to have it on iOS and web client but not on Mac

• xbalortiz@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be very honest (and please do forward this to people who can decide strategically upon business matters) I must say my whole experience with Microsoft has been rather frustrating from start to finish. First of all, the only thing I really liked about Microsoft is this feature. I tried it out online and I thought it was really useful, therefore I decided to invest the money in office 2016. To my flabbergasting disappointment this feature turns out not to be included in the 2016 onetime purchase version, allegedly only in office 365. These product management policies are quite misleading for customers and very frustrating. Now I almost bought office 2019, and if it wasn't for my former experience with office 2016 I wouldn't have done online research, which was also a very frustrating experience because it was so difficult to find any relevant information, that I decided to get in touch with a real person. It turns out that the real person is a bloody robot that doesn't understand me and now finally...
    I meet Pamela. Here you can see my purchasing journey: a bloody nightmare! Other people would have resigned and contacted Apple and asked them to include this feature on the next release of Apple mail and probably it would be included. Now after Pamela telling that this feature exists for Office 365 MAC and Outlook Standalone for MAC I trusted her and just upgraded, and to my dismay AGAIN NO SUCH FEATURE!!! Convinced that it was just some software error I contacted customer support. I waited for 24 hours. Now they came back telling me that it doesn't exist. MS products were really good beginning of the nineties but nowadays I must say it is a never ending disappointment. Now I have the work to go back to my one time purchase of Office 2016.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable focused inbox for Outlook for Mac. It is fantastic on the iOS app and would be a feature that would make me switch to Outlook for Mac

• evelinabaxter@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please enable focused inbox for@hotmail accounts the Outlook for Mac application
    its annoying to have it on the iPad and iPhone but not on the desktop app

• Doug Sales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook for iOS has focused inbox for @live accounts. It would make sense if the user experience works across all clients. Also, it seems pretty strange that gmail account has the focused inbox within Outlook, but not a microsoft related account (@live)?

• Rushil Sharma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am paying for office 365 subscription.
    I have separate 'focused inbox' in my other devices.
    I just cannot use outlook on my own personal computer - because there are too many adds and its impossible to filter through them.

• karan_khosla@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add focused inbox for outlook.com email address on MacOS. Why the company is not sticking with same behaviour on Web and MacOS or Windows Applications. Disappointed!

← Previous 1

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base