OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Allow subscribing to published iCal calendars and vice versa

I suggest that you add functionality to both Outlook for Mac and Outlook for Windows to enable subscribing to published iCal calendars (or Mac Calendar.app), and to enable publishing of Outlook calendars in a form that can be subscribed to from iCal. This should, of course, sync changes in both directions.

419 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Geoff Saulnnier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems to have started in 2017 and still not been done. Do Microsoft really watch these comments? this is a basic feature that should have been there right at the beginning. I really wanted to seamlessly change to outlook but it has been a nightmare trying to do this and I'm now at the point of giving up hope and trying a different one.

Would also like to be able to add a "subscription calenda" who is automatically synced from a corporate server.
    Simply adding a https :// xxxxxxx.ics file to Outlook Calendar 2016 for Mac (like Google Calendar or Calendar for Mac offers...)

• Nick Newman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be helpful since it would also allow users to subscribe to Microsoft Planner Tasks.

This would really be good. All applications allow subscribing to published iCal calendars, also Office for Windows. Please bring that feature

This would be a great addition. We populate events on the campus calendar and it would save lots of time to be able to sync with iCal.

• Peter Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work with different people who use different calendars (i.e., Google, iCal, Outlook) and I need a simple way to have an integrated calendar at my end so I can see and avoid conflicts without checking multiple calendars. Similarly, if I get an email with a meeting proposal, for example, I want to be able to add it to the associated calendar and have it replicate to my other calendars (i.e., I get an invite in Gmail, read it in my iPad Mail interface, add it to my calendar, and need it to show on my Outlook). Same with contacts.

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base