or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate this feature. Too sensitive. Want to be able to turn this feature off!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is not "COMPLETED". It seems that to "customize swipe gestures to our own liking and preferences" would include allowing me to swipe into an folder or sub-folder of my choosing. That would at least make the gestures effort salvageable for me. I keep my email organized in sub-folders, and I don't just delete email usually, so this feature is still useless.

• Scott Hammond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wonderful that people seem to like it....but it is making my outlook experience miserable personally. Cant stand it, and I am about to downgrade because I don't see the options to disable it in preferences.
        (mac version)

• Daniel Eberhardt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great feature. Like it very much, can't get the once who complain where they can just turn it off in preferences.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove this terrible feature. Does anyone even test usability before rolling out "new features" like this?

• Quinn Shannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SWIPE OPTION FIXED AS OF MARCH 14, 2018

For those looking to turn it off, in Outlook go to Preferences > Reading > At the bottom of the options is a "gestures" menu. From here you can use the drop-down to select NONE for the gestures.

THANK YOU AND GOOD RIDDANCE.

• Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to request that users be allowed to turn this feature off. With a magic mouse, the interface is far to sensitive, and I find that my cursor gets, "stuck" not knowing if i am trying to swipe, or move a message, or change messages. LOTS of frustration and lost productivity time!!

• Tim Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for considering changes that will allow Mac users to turn off this feature in Outlook. It's a good idea in theory, but, in practice, it's a disaster.

The swipe feature in Outlook is seriously making problems for me. I'm accidentally deleting emails, they are moving to "archives" and I can't find them... Personally, I think it's one of the worst ideas that hasn't yet been fixed! PLEASE make it possible to turn these OFF!!!

• Mark Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you add the option to outlook. It is to easy delete or archive an email

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please give us a way to disable... way to sensitive on a mac mouse and inadvertently delete or archive emails EVERYDAY !!

UNACCEPTABLE

This is yet another example of Microsoft product managers having too much time on their hands. What a stupid and useless feature to impose on users without providing a way to disable.

Without an opt-out in Preferences, this feature is absolutely awful and unwanted. We just upgraded Outlook and I have accidentally deleted several e-mails in the first few minutes of using the software. As others have said, it is way too sensitive with a Magic Mouse.

It is sooooo annoying!! Please remove this. It makes sense on a mobile phone, but no in desktop.

UGGGGHHHH GET RID OF IT! IT'S HORRIBLE.

We should at least have the ability to turn off this aweful function. I cannot use this product if it continues and will recommend highly not to be used by any staffers. Mistakes made by accidentally swiping with mouse or finger creates a nightmare in our office by emails missed or deleted.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base